Camera or mobile phone?

Discoburg

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

.... the question is wrong lah... cannot be either phone or camera as we ALWAYS have the phone.

It is either phone Only OR phone + camera....

You can always have the phone with you but you will only take photos with a camera so what is you always have a phone with you? 

↡ Advertisement

51 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

lol. yeah. 

but i don't agree that mobiles like iphones are more capable than a proper digital cam. Computation photography do help closing up the gap artificially. But what you get is an unnatural photo, over saturated, over sharpened and lacking details. 

just take a photo with both systems and blow them out in LR. Photography is not all about gear but a set of good gear will help in improving your good photos hit rate. 

yea, i was thinking like comparing 1.3k iphone to a $300 digital camera.. anyway for photography/camera enthusiasts, im sure they know very well like you say above, and really want to take good pictures.

my idea of good picture is everyone stand in front of merlion and say cheese.. 🤣 thats my standard...

• Haha! 3

53 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

You can always have the phone with you but you will only take photos with a camera so what is you always have a phone with you? 

?? No comprehend 

I take pics with hp sometimes even when I have my camera with me. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

?? No comprehend 

I don't take pics with my phone when I have my camera with me. Thats why cam contemplating on not taking a camera out with me on trips.  Comprehend?

Edited by Discoburg
  • Haha! 1

On 10/12/2021 at 5:48 AM, Discoburg said:

IMHO so you are saying use a mobile phone? However on special trips use a camera? Either this or that?

IMHO.

The question was 

Camera or mobile phone?
Does it make more sense to use a mobile phone like an iPhone 12 to take photos during vacation instead of a digital camera now?

It will make more sense to use a mobile phone like an IPhone 12 to take photos during vacation instead of a digital camera now because if you want you want to take can be done using the mobile phone. 

The statement was  "If what you want to take can be done on the mobile.".  

I answer you in full to clear your doubts in red above. 

On 10/12/2021 at 5:45 AM, Discoburg said:

IMHO some people's 'answer' can be a YES. Thats is why it is opinions that I am asking for and not answers as there is no answers as there can only ne opinions. No one is right as everyone can choose either a phone or a camera. You can have your 'answer' but to me its all opinion. 

IMHO.

There are answer(s),  just not your answer.

On 10/12/2021 at 11:37 AM, Wind30 said:

?? No comprehend 

IMHO.

TS is looking for an answer. Apparently, your "answer" and my "answer" is just not TS answer.
You imagine if i had said,  of course mobile lah... the outcome of this thread will be entirely different.

In certain situations,  if mobile can replace DSLR or the likes,  what for Sony take pains to come up with technology to challenge Nikon and Canon ? 

10 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.

The question was 

Camera or mobile phone?
Does it make more sense to use a mobile phone like an iPhone 12 to take photos during vacation instead of a digital camera now?

It will make more sense to use a mobile phone like an IPhone 12 to take photos during vacation instead of a digital camera now because if you want you want to take can be done using the mobile phone

The statement was  "If what you want to take can be done on the mobile.".  

I answer you in full to clear your doubts in red above. 

IMHO if I remember correctly it’s also to use DSLR on special trips and not just a plain old answer of using mobile phone camera.

Question, the components of a point and shoot camera vs those inside a good phone, are they the same ? 

Edited by Ingenius

8 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.

I thot you say no answer(s)???

IMHO there are no answers I AM looking for but there are answers from the members in here. No right or wrong as long as they give a clear answer or mobile phone camera or digital camera.

18 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

Question, the components of a point and shoot camera vs those inside a good phone, are they the same ? 

Nope. Processors and sensors are different. 

• Praise 1

@Discoburg 

16 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

IMHO there are no answers I AM looking for but there are answers from the members in here. No right or wrong as long as they give a clear answer or mobile phone camera or digital camera.

IMHO.
That's what I want out from you. 😎

imho, mobile have so many app to "photoshop" your pictures and vids. if use digital camera, must transfer to mac or pc to use software.

most people wont have expertise for mac or pc. mobile app easier to use. im not going to invest so much money on digital camera and pc/mac and it really need knowledge to do this.

im too lazy and not so smart. so i will just be a casual mobile phone camera user.. lol

↡ Advertisement