Camera or mobile phone?

Discoburg

1 minute ago, Soya said:

Gimbal still too big & bulky la. My DJI Osmo collecting dust in my storeroom. The optical stabiliser on latest phones quite good so can live with it

The OM5 isn't tat bulky ma. Not too much bigger than tripods for mobile phones. Unless you are talking about sell stick instead.

↡ Advertisement

1 minute ago, Discoburg said:

The OM5 isn't tat bulky ma. Not too much bigger than tripods for mobile phones. Unless you are talking about sell stick instead.

U got your answer then. Why still need a digital camera?

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

She is a betel nut seller.

This is how all the betel nut sellers stand or pose in Taiwan.

:D

They are trying to keep their culture and heritage and tradition alive for the next generation.

No one is bigger on culture and heritage and tradition than me. 

She looked a bit sad and worried though.:mellow:

Is it because of your look?[rolleyes]:D

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

@Arogab It requires registration in Singapore hor.

Hehe, I know, my unit is still in China waiting for them to bring over as project kicks off. Sg also no fun, I heard can only fly up to 60m limit. 

The latest remote with screen which I got is very smart, it will tell you when you cannot fly too

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Hehe, I know, my unit is still in China waiting for them to bring over as project kicks off. Sg also no fun, I heard can only fly up to 60m limit. 

The latest remote with screen which I got is very smart, it will tell you when you cannot fly too

I was playing with it for some time.  I tried to circulate it around a hill.  Halfway through, i was lost.

Looks like i cannot be pilot

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

I used to have Olympus e1, the grandfather of m43 🙂 

the two stop aperture difference in the lens compensate for both dof and iso, assuming the sensor tech is identical. A f1.4 m43 lens really equates to f2.8 ff in almost all aspects. Once you understand that, you will realise what you are trading for. Btw, the Sony 35mm f2.8 is 120g same weight as Olympus 17mm f1.8 and 2.8 has wide aperture than the Olympus effective 3.6, meaning it has less dof for better bokeh and the ff sensor has 2 stops better snr than m43.

I agree that if you want to go like really light, m43 can go to 400g with lens but it is still a camera. 

The only difference I feel is the m43 bodies can go lighter but that is about it. So lets say you have the GM5 which is below 300g? That is only 2xxg lighter than sony A7c. The difference is less if you use DSLR shaped M34 bodies from olympus. 

If the iso is fixed, f1.4 on m43 and f2.8 on ff will have the same DOF, but exposure of light will be different. 

As i have mentioned, the main advantage of m43 is lens weight. Not the body. The example you gave is more or less correct. But that is with fast and wide prime lens. If you are lugging around telephoto lens like anything above 200mm, m43 is definitely much much lighter. I tend to mount a 35 or 50mm on my canon for night shots and telephoto on my m43 for day shooting. If you can shoot all day with FF then that's fine. But i find myself with neck and shoulders pain by mid day. lol. 

Since you have used the good o' e1, you should try the em5 or the heavier em1. both are very good in shooting wildlife. 

5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I was playing with it for some time.  I tried to circulate it around a hill.  Halfway through, i was lost.

Looks like i cannot be pilot

Basic operations for DJI is damn easy, if you wanna be good at it. Fly without looking at the drone itself. And also upon knowing the landscape. You can switch to map and fly. Newer models now even much more easy. Got anti-collide sensor. 

Mine has only front anti-collide, last round my friend act clever and fly out from hotel balcony. End up I have to land it by coming back side way. Another one you need to learn is flying from a boat and landing. 

• Praise 1

Just now, Arogab said:

Basic operations for DJI is damn easy, if you wanna be good at it. Fly without looking at the drone itself. And also upon knowing the landscape. You can switch to map and fly. Newer models now even much more easy. Got anti-collide sensor

Mine has only front anti-collide, last round my friend act clever and fly out from hotel balcony. End up I have to land it by coming back side way. Another one you need to learn is flying from a boat and landing. 

When the drone was circulating the hill, I rely on the onboard camera to fly.  Next time, I will try using map.

I always can land sui sui by pressing "back to base" (can't exact rem the function).

I usually fly from flat ground (incl. hill top)

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

When the drone was circulating the hill, I rely on the onboard camera to fly.  Next time, I will try using map.

I always can land sui sui by pressing "back to base" (can't exact rem the function).

I usually fly from flat ground (incl. hill top)

It's the RTH function. I used to fly till got lost then use map or RTH. But need to set your return height in case you kena barrier.

It's ok one, I crashed a few non-DJI till I finally think it is easy  to buy one after trying out the Inspire and Phantom 3 from friends. The more you crash, the easy you fly. Lucky I also not pilot. Donno die how many times liao. Haha

But now I just take and fly from anywhere, even nearby got tress or buildings I just navigate😬

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Arogab said:

It's the RTH function. I used to fly till got lost then use map or RTH. But need to set your return height in case you kena barrier.

It's ok one, I crashed a few non-DJI till I finally think it is easy  to buy one after trying out the Inspire and Phantom 3 from friends. The more you crash, the easy you fly. Lucky I also not pilot. Donno die how many times liao. Haha

But now I just take and fly from anywhere, even nearby got tress or buildings I just navigate😬

I ever crashed it on top of a tree.  It takes some effort to get it down.

The drone i flew is not mine.  Don't dare anyhow fly la.

• Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

If the iso is fixed, f1.4 on m43 and f2.8 on ff will have the same DOF, but exposure of light will be different. 

As i have mentioned, the main advantage of m43 is lens weight. Not the body. The example you gave is more or less correct. But that is with fast and wide prime lens. If you are lugging around telephoto lens like anything above 200mm, m43 is definitely much much lighter. I tend to mount a 35 or 50mm on my canon for night shots and telephoto on my m43 for day shooting. If you can shoot all day with FF then that's fine. But i find myself with neck and shoulders pain by mid day. lol. 

Since you have used the good o' e1, you should try the em5 or the heavier em1. both are very good in shooting wildlife. 

Iso is not fixed lah, like you said ff has iso adv which is two stops if sensor tech is identical. If m43 iso200 and ff iso800 have similar snr, then your exposure of light will be the same with m43 f1.4 iso 200 vs ff f2.8 iso 800 lens. 

Telephoto, Canon has the 800mm f11 rf lens which is just 1.2kg. This is similar to 400mm f5.6 on m43. The old generation dslr lens are heavy but the new mirrorless ff lens some are designed to be very light. 

Edited by Wind30

28 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I ever crashed it on top of a tree.  It takes some effort to get it down.

The drone i flew is not mine.  Don't dare anyhow fly la.

My friends like to borrow from me, I got one small one also for my close friend's kid as we are very close. 

Anyway, my rule is whoever holds the remote got to be responsible. But I always save them from crashes

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1