Best colour for new car??

unicornfloof

14 minutes ago, unicornfloof said:

HAHAHA that's true, but my parents often told me to stay away from colours like white because of its practicality (but I think it looks pretty professional tho)

White car esp plain white is not easy to maintain also. It turn yellow easily if not enough care is given.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Contipro said:

Ooo.. good you raise your concern mainly on maintenance. 
then below some choices you may consider:

Silver, Grey, Bronze, 

best experience against dust and color fading. 

no wash car for > 1 mth also no issue bro, hardly notice any different. 

oooo yes, I've heard great things about silver and grey but bronze?? won't it look dirty from afar? been thinking about maroon as well because it's dark

7 minutes ago, serenade said:

Take a mid-tone silver-grey like I did. Minimal maintenance. Wash car once a month. Ha ha . Scratches and dings from doors not so visible unless look closely. Dirt on the panels same shade as the paint. Car does not look dirty until you run a finger along the surface. Then yucks, a layer of dirt comes off and the shiny paint below is visible.  

nice la 😊 silver-grey is a pretty common choice for most drivers, it's at the top of my list for now 

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Beregond said:

White car esp plain white is not easy to maintain also. It turn yellow easily if not enough care is given.

OIEJWFOIJFEJIO omg yellow? 🤢 okay, will take note of that

13 minutes ago, unicornfloof said:

oooo yes, I've heard great things about silver and grey but bronze?? won't it look dirty from afar? been thinking about maroon as well because it's dark

look for those slight darker shade of metallic bronze, and thats the magic it blend well with dust.. ha ha.. so less pain that need to wash very frequent.. 

• Praise 1

34 minutes ago, unicornfloof said:

hahah i'm not so much worried as i am lazy 😓 i would prefer to get a colour that does not require much maintenance HAHAHHA but that would leave me with the dark colours to choose from

Dark colour might require maintenance. Best colour if dont want much maintenance is silver or grey. But nowadays popular colour is white. Many people would choose white as their car colour.

• Haha! 1

For the car, choose the colour that extrude the design of the car. Some colours can mute the certain angle or line of the car design.

For the driver, choose the colour you like best or heng heng colour that bring you huat.

Edited by Cephas
  • Praise 2

White is difficult to maintain but safer due to visibility on the road. Very common.

Red and pink get too much attention, potentially from TP as well.

Grey/ silver / dark blue are boring but low maintenance color.

Yellow, orange and some of the brighter metallic shades can be nice on certain makes like Mini but avoid if you are driving a boring Altis.

Green only if you drive a land rover or rugged SUV, otherwise it is freaking ugly.

Black is my preferred color these days. Just spend a bit of money on ceramic coating to cut down on maintenance. Better than white as dirt are less visible.

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, unicornfloof said:

In your opinion, what is the best colour for a new car and why? 🤔 Also, what colours should I avoid when looking to get a new car?

Avoid white if u buy Merc E-Class

Avoid blue or silver if u buy a Hyundai Ioniq

Avoid any colour if u buy Prius

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

Silver/ grey if u want the least maintenance. Few months of not washing car also ok. 

Hardest colour to maintain for me is black. Swirl & watermarks are all visible. In fact, even white is easier to maintain than black. 

• Praise 2

Go get a good Fengshui Master, pay a little to get the right color in my opinion. It works. 

I used to have one master, but ever since I decide not to depends on FS to do better, I keep my last 2 car with the same color - Graphite Black, Company gives me a pearl white one, it is also nice but hard to maintain

I used to favour dark colours... Until I realised silver is awesome at hiding scratches and still looks presentable after untold periods of not washing it. Light drizzles however will make it look very shabby when the dirt accumulates together.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I got black car for my MIL.

Her car park in the sun when she gets in she burns her ass every time.

:D

I added the cheapest and nastiest fake leather vinyl seat covers so it sticks to backside.

• Haha! 4

1 minute ago, Jamesc said:

I got black car for my MIL.

Her car park in the sun when she gets in she burns her ass every time.

I added the cheapest and nastiest fake leather vinyl seat covers so it sticks to backside.

Your MIL so 幸福 (must type in Chinese to express better) , got car for SIL

• Haha! 2

When my MIL gets her big bike license I am getting her a matt black bike and black riding suit.

I am just waiting for one dark dark night.

If buying a bike always get yellow.

If car see you they avoid hitting you.

↡ Advertisement