Children Post Covid-19 recovery risk MIS-C

HP_Lee

So far there is no one mentioned about children (age 12 and below) who recovered from Covid-19 (SARS-Cov 02) unvaccinated. Maybe the numbers are still small as of today. In US and India where there are many cases of children having Covid-19. Some had passed-on, while most recovered. But the problem is, after 1-2 months of post Covid-19 recovery children detected (MIS-C), that is related to Covid-19 infection early on. Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) is a condition where different body parts can become inflamed, including the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes, or gastrointestinal organs. It is still a mystery to the doctors. And researchers are still understand this medical condition that is related to post Covid-19 recovery on children. This coronavirus seems to affect children in a slight different way.

So in Singapore children is no different from other countries. This is a real concern and unknown, and hospital have to do a longer follow up on those children that have recovered from Covid-19. Like blood test, and scanning means. This virus is still very new to doctors , researches and scientists. The world knows a lot about this coronavirus, but not longer-term health effects. Because this is just only a 18 months old pandemic.  If the number of infection rise and more children exposed, theoretically we should see similar problem arise on children here. How this going to affect the health of these children in later part of their live still an unknown. Therefore, the medical community should closely with the age group too. Because they are mostly unvaccinated. 

https://youtu.be/Mvd7V0hE3pI

https://www.cdc.gov/mis/mis-c.html 

Edited by HP_Lee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Shocked 2

21 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I don't think pap give a fk about our unvaccinated children, mine included.

But in all fairness to the government, there is no viable  option available for the children. Or I am wrong ?  So what we can do is to help ourselves to help the children. Stay safe, stay clean, avoid bringing them to high risk area including shopping center, food courts etc. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

But in all fairness to the government, there is no viable  option available for the children. Or I am wrong ?  So what we can do is to help ourselves to help the children. Stay safe, stay clean, avoid bringing them to high risk area including shopping center, food courts etc. 

You are right and I totally agreed to this. But I'm sad to see many families still bring unvaccinated children to malls and crowd areas. It could be, these parent are still unaware this is happening other parts of the world. And I am pretty surprise this concern was not mentioned anywhere is Asia, including Singapore. All I heard from MTF, is to-date children are all  well when infected. I think is to early to judge, and should monitor them closely after months of recovery. Children have a much longer runway of life, and should protect this group as much a possible. We don't wish to see them having health issues later part of their life. With the re-opening of economy , this is really a concern for parents who are still in the dark.

Edited by HP_Lee
  • Praise 7

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/367-children-in-spore-caught-covid-19-so-far-making-up-06-of-all-local-cases-to?utm_campaign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Now I know why the locals cases are not rein in...... 

That makes infected children percentage lower than 1%.

"You all parents don't worry so much lah." 

I must be smacking my face when I said the above statement. 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/367-children-in-spore-caught-covid-19-so-far-making-up-06-of-all-local-cases-to?utm_campaign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Since we have only started re-opening lately. Is still too early to see the numbers. Maybe , the next few months the number may go up accordingly to the infection rate.  By next CNY, we will see the results of those recovered earlier. So we may see MIS-C cases.

Right now, there's no approved vaccine for under 12. Expected approval from FDA is probably end of the year.

Until then, they are unprotected. Responsibility lies with the parents to protect them.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Atonchia said:

You believe a used car salesman is better. Playing with statistics. Remove the FW cases in the dormitories (at least 55k) and the denominator becomes about 17,000 or less.

Surely not less than 1% according to my primberi 3 maths. 

• Praise 6

7 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

What do you mean they have no options? There is no one near me getting infected from Jan 2020 until Aug 2021, versus now.

You have kids below 12? 

Edited by Weez911

9 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Get them vaccinated with either Sinovac or Sinopharm.

Motherland has approved both vaccine for children btw 3 and 12.

• Haha! 2

9 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Don’t let ceca come in 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Mustank said:

Don’t let ceca come in 

I believe it was stopped long ago

Latest Delta came from Indonesia.

Too late now.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Kopites said: