21 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Hahaha 

mai keh keh 

that time say liao but they boh hiew

ceca de Delta come into the fortress, too late liao lah :XD:

Already say already bullet go no eyes

now they scared, make everybody testing :XD:

Not just CECA.

There are large numbers of infected maid imported in January and February.

• Praise 1

I hope IBs' kids all get Covid, whether here or in Malaysia doesn't matter. 

Those IB with no kids (totally understandable since you buay gan), parents will tio instead. I'm sure you don't mind since in your own words, it is just a flu and everyone will get it. Sure...

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

For those who comprain...leave Singapore now. Go. LoL...

You can choose M'sia or India. China also can. Go.

Mai tu liao.

Easier to vote your pap out. They have overstayed for too long.

If you have cockroach in your house, do you shift house, or kill the cockroach at home? Tamade simple logic...

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

ownself kid ownself take care. 

if u feel its not safe to go school. just make your child stay at home. 

talk is easy, but no parents will tell me they wont have sleepless night if they kids kenna.

• Praise 1

Well, I coming from a neutral ground. Not polities, and focus on hoping getting this message to spread as much to those responsible parents as possible. Though my children is already  all vaccinated, I should also do my part to share with others, what are the risk if they expose them to often to crowded places like markets, malls and enclosure place like home setting, with frequent friends and close family members visiting. There is no way to know who had been infected in real time.

• Praise 2

17 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

You believe a used car salesman is better. Playing with statistics. Remove the FW cases in the dormitories (at least 55k) and the denominator becomes about 17,000 or less.

Surely not less than 1% according to my primberi 3 maths. 

Yah.... 

I trust a use car salesman more... 

At least I will get a car.... and unlikely to get  Covid. 

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Get them vaccinated with either Sinovac or Sinopharm.

Motherland has approved both vaccine for children btw 3 and 12.

Can this be done here? Are the clinics willing to give above 18 vaccine dosageto this group? Will it be recognised by graham as vaccinated?

54 minutes ago, Ray7456 said:

Can this be done here? Are the clinics willing to give above 18 vaccine dosageto this group? Will it be recognised by graham as vaccinated?

https://www.who.int/news/item/01-06-2021-who-validates-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-for-emergency-use-and-issues-interim-policy-recommendations

WHO recommends the vaccine for use in adults 18 years and older, in a two-dose schedule with a spacing of two to four weeks.

Since gahmen is following WHO for Sinovac/sinopharm, it is not approved for under 18. No clinics here would dare to contradict this.

13 hours ago, Mustank said:

Don’t let ceca come in 

While I am not a ceca supporter as I see the extent of the problem  in my industry, I do not want to mix the discussion of ceca with covid,  simply because ceca exists before covid and will continue to exist after covid, it is a different discussion entirely. Moreover, if we look at the imported case now, the new cases is nothing comparing with our own local community problem.  

• Praise 7

13 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Get them vaccinated with either Sinovac or Sinopharm.

Motherland has approved both vaccine for children btw 3 and 12.

Bith are still new. I believe the government is taking a very cautious approach in evaluating the two before making further decision. Even if they will to go for sinovac or sinopharm,  there will be public negativity  as well, whatever some see it as right may not be so to some others. 

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Weez911 said:

What do you mean they have no options? There is no one near me getting infected from Jan 2020 until Aug 2021, versus now.

You have kids below 12? 

I am referring to viable options, I did not say no options, there are many options, new vaccinations , close all the schools and childcare centers,  ban all the kids from going out etc etc, but there are many side effect to the actions.  Comparing with the relatively lower rate of child infections, the government has to weigh the pros and cons. There is no easy way out.  We have to play our parts to help the kids while corporating  with the ministry.  By saying this does not mean I have no young children at home. I wish there is a better  and safer way out too.  And if you have any good suggestions, woild be nice if you could share it here so that all could learn from each other. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

34 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I am referring to viable options, I did not say no options, there are many options, new vaccinations , close all the schools and childcare centers,  ban all the kids from going out etc etc, but there are many side effect to the actions.  Comparing with the relatively lower rate of child infections, the government has to weigh the pros and cons. There is no easy way out.  We have to play our parts to help the kids while corporating  with the ministry.  By saying this does not mean I have no young children at home. I wish there is a better  and safer way out too.  And if you have any good suggestions, woild be nice if you could share it here so that all could learn from each other. 

I have been posting since early Feb 2020 all the "safer" ways until today, Sep 2021. If we have been doing all that, this thread won't be around.

It's not about how we segregate the kids now, because it is too widespread. It was all about early prevention (border control) to not get to today numbers. Even when border was breached like TW, HK and NZ, we learn from them to bring it down and not let it spread without any mitigants. Today whatever we do is too late because the transmission is irreversible. 

The govt failed in protecting my kids. I will hold them accountable. That's my most viable option.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 2

23 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Very objective.... 

Indonesian kids were home for more than 1 year BTW. This has negative impact on their development. 

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Very objective.... 

Indonesian kids were home for more than 1 year BTW. This has negative impact on their development. 

The UK, US and many EU kids have also missed an awful lot of school. In theory this can put our kids one year even further ahead..... But at the end of the day, I still think everything works out kinda even in the end.

Edited by bsswan
  • Praise 2

@Ct3833 

10 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

While I am not a ceca supporter as I see the extent of the problem  in my industry, I do not want to mix the discussion of ceca with covid,  simply because ceca exists before covid and will continue to exist after covid, it is a different discussion entirely. Moreover, if we look at the imported case now, the new cases is nothing comparing with our own local community problem.  

Just a sideline, since you mentioned this. I only realized this when my child admitted to Raffles girls Secondary. In Raffles you see many Ceca children studying there. In Hwa Chong, you see many ah Tiong's children staying there. They are results are pretty impressive.

9 hours ago, Weez911 said:

I have been posting since early Feb 2020 all the "safer" ways until today, Sep 2021. If we have been doing all that, this thread won't be around.

It's not about how we segregate the kids now, because it is too widespread. It was all about early prevention (border control) to not get to today numbers. Even when border was breached like TW, HK and NZ, we learn from them to bring it down and not let it spread without any mitigants. Today whatever we do is too late because the transmission is irreversible. 

The govt failed in protecting my kids. I will hold them accountable. That's my most viable option.

As mentioned, this is a a pretty new 18 months old pandemic. Initially was thought children are ok, ever thought they are infected.  But, the missing link is children system is little different from adults to some extend. With the early wave of huge infection rates in US , UK and India, only after more than 6 - 8 months we are starting to see more news on children recovered, but few months later another health issue pop-up. The Virus could have already compromised their system earlier on. I am no doctor. Logically, I suggest this could be a sign of weaken of their system or leftover pieces of broken-down virus is still reside and circulating in the system. This may have related to MIS-C.

So our policies planners are mostly reactive. If we are seeing more children having must health issues after months of recovery, than they we act on it. Therefore, those children infected early looks like guinea pig for later policy adjustments. Time will tell.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3