Jump to content
calbin7077

Singapore's most hated brand - Tesla

Recommended Posts

1st Gear (edited)

With all the rave over electric cars in Singapore recently...
According to Rave Reviews, Tesla is apparently Singapore's most hated brand.

image.png.f15683ee08c54c6f841449d972625548.png

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=25607&fbclid=IwAR12tO1yIbeN82ozi62UuskdsiFJ9xyYkiJgLEon6QocQaHXcFaffLKF0m4

What is your take for it? Would you choose Tesla if an electric car is going to be your next car? Also, if no, why?

Edited by calbin7077
didn't add in discussion hashtag
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

Who hate their Tesla?

Can pass to me?

:D

  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic (edited)

Why hate the brand? So weird.

If they offer me a good deal for the electric car I wont care.

Perhaps what ppl dont like is the hype that comes with the brand.

If you tell me there are a lot of hating scratchers waiting to scratch Tesla cars maybe I will think twice.

Edited by Watwheels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

They hate tesla because it’s expensive 

 

these ppl expect tesla cheaper than hyundai and faster than bmw

 

  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged

I hate it becoz I can't buy it due to the extg half past six charging infra

 

  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
6 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

They hate tesla because it’s expensive 

 

these ppl expect tesla cheaper than hyundai and faster than bmw

 

The typical sg mentality. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

Why hated? My neighbour (previously had a F 599, sold off some time back) just got a Tesla Model 3 Performance. Looks swee and the total absence of sound is a total mindf**k.

I'm sorely tempted. 

  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

how many on the road only and hate post on twitter a bit strange also.. pinch of salt pinch of salt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged

I know who Tesla is but I never heard of Rave Reviews and obviously I don’t care about what they say - they may claim methodology  based on social media this and that but the approach is subject to bias and social media dislikes is like a fart, unpleasant but hardly causes any harm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
16 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Why hated? My neighbour (previously had a F 599, sold off some time back) just got a Tesla Model 3 Performance. Looks swee and the total absence of sound is a total mindf**k.

I'm sorely tempted. 

Saw a few on the road, really dislike the design. The new Audi e-tron GT anytime nicer... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
Just now, Kar_lover said:

Saw a few on the road, really dislike the design. The new Audi e-tron GT anytime nicer... 

$230k vs $620k differentt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

$230k vs $620k differentt

Yes but just because it's cheaper doesn't mean it has to be so plain looking....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
Just now, Kar_lover said:

Yes but just because it's cheaper doesn't mean it has to be so plain looking....

That's like expecting the Attrage to look better than a 530i

 

  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
6 minutes ago, Soya said:

That's like expecting the Attrage to look better than a 530i

 

Cost/price is usually more for performance or features related things rather than design. The lowest and highest model Taycan looks the same but the price is more than double. There is no direct relationship between design and price. Expensive cars can look ugly too by the way. And by the way $230k is far from cheap. Anyway if you guys think Tesla cars look nice then i guess i am the odd one out 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
21 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Yes but just because it's cheaper doesn't mean it has to be so plain looking....

 

7 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Cost/price is usually more for performance or features related things rather than design. The lowest and highest model Taycan looks the same but the price is more than double. There is no direct relationship between design and price. Expensive cars can look ugly too by the way. And by the way $230k is far from cheap. Anyway if you guys think Tesla cars look nice then i guess i am the odd one out 🙂

It is unfair to compare Model 3 to Audi e-tron GT.

It should be Model S vs Audi e-tron GT.

Tesla has always been a tech company. 

its design will never fit into any traditional car design.

For Taycan, without Mission E wheel and SportDesign front bumper/sideskirt, it is ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
26 minutes ago, Soya said:

That's like expecting the Attrage to look better than a 530i

 

Eh fanboys of attrage will take umbrage 

  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

 

It is unfair to compare Model 3 to Audi e-tron GT.

It should be Model S vs Audi e-tron GT.

Tesla has always been a tech company. 

its design will never fit into any traditional car design.

For Taycan, without Mission E wheel and SportDesign front bumper/sideskirt, it is ugly.

Actually that's the point i am trying to make. Tesla's design language is more of a "techy" look whereas i prefer a sporty look. While the Model S is slightly better, i would hardly call it a head turner. Perhaps a fairer comparison would be Lucid Air and some of the xpeng models which to me all look better than Tesla without being "sport oriented". The Tesla's lights i find especially old-fashioned.

As for Taycan i only like the rear, the front looks like it's crying lol. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×