Singapore's most hated brand - Tesla

calbin7077

With all the rave over electric cars in Singapore recently...
According to Rave Reviews, Tesla is apparently Singapore's most hated brand.

image.png.f15683ee08c54c6f841449d972625548.png

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=25607&fbclid=IwAR12tO1yIbeN82ozi62UuskdsiFJ9xyYkiJgLEon6QocQaHXcFaffLKF0m4

What is your take for it? Would you choose Tesla if an electric car is going to be your next car? Also, if no, why?

Edited by calbin7077
didn't add in discussion hashtag
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

Why hate the brand? So weird.

If they offer me a good deal for the electric car I wont care.

Perhaps what ppl dont like is the hype that comes with the brand.

If you tell me there are a lot of hating scratchers waiting to scratch Tesla cars maybe I will think twice.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

They hate tesla because it’s expensive 

these ppl expect tesla cheaper than hyundai and faster than bmw

The typical sg mentality. 😂

• Praise 1

Why hated? My neighbour (previously had a F 599, sold off some time back) just got a Tesla Model 3 Performance. Looks swee and the total absence of sound is a total mindf**k.

I'm sorely tempted. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

I know who Tesla is but I never heard of Rave Reviews and obviously I don’t care about what they say - they may claim methodology  based on social media this and that but the approach is subject to bias and social media dislikes is like a fart, unpleasant but hardly causes any harm.

16 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Why hated? My neighbour (previously had a F 599, sold off some time back) just got a Tesla Model 3 Performance. Looks swee and the total absence of sound is a total mindf**k.

I'm sorely tempted. 

Saw a few on the road, really dislike the design. The new Audi e-tron GT anytime nicer... 

Just now, Kar_lover said:

Yes but just because it's cheaper doesn't mean it has to be so plain looking....

That's like expecting the Attrage to look better than a 530i

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Soya said:

Cost/price is usually more for performance or features related things rather than design. The lowest and highest model Taycan looks the same but the price is more than double. There is no direct relationship between design and price. Expensive cars can look ugly too by the way. And by the way $230k is far from cheap. Anyway if you guys think Tesla cars look nice then i guess i am the odd one out 🙂

21 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Yes but just because it's cheaper doesn't mean it has to be so plain looking....

7 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Cost/price is usually more for performance or features related things rather than design. The lowest and highest model Taycan looks the same but the price is more than double. There is no direct relationship between design and price. Expensive cars can look ugly too by the way. And by the way $230k is far from cheap. Anyway if you guys think Tesla cars look nice then i guess i am the odd one out 🙂

It is unfair to compare Model 3 to Audi e-tron GT.

It should be Model S vs Audi e-tron GT.

Tesla has always been a tech company. 

its design will never fit into any traditional car design.

For Taycan, without Mission E wheel and SportDesign front bumper/sideskirt, it is ugly.

26 minutes ago, Soya said:

Eh fanboys of attrage will take umbrage 

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

It is unfair to compare Model 3 to Audi e-tron GT.

It should be Model S vs Audi e-tron GT.

Tesla has always been a tech company. 

its design will never fit into any traditional car design.

For Taycan, without Mission E wheel and SportDesign front bumper/sideskirt, it is ugly.

Actually that's the point i am trying to make. Tesla's design language is more of a "techy" look whereas i prefer a sporty look. While the Model S is slightly better, i would hardly call it a head turner. Perhaps a fairer comparison would be Lucid Air and some of the xpeng models which to me all look better than Tesla without being "sport oriented". The Tesla's lights i find especially old-fashioned.

As for Taycan i only like the rear, the front looks like it's crying lol. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2