Most stressful roundabouts

calbin7077

Newton Circus, one of singapore's busiest roundabout is getting new facelift.
source: Land Transport Authority – We Keep Your World Moving

IMO this is probably the most stressful roundabout in Singapore. You will encounter all sorts of pattern
- Suddenly cuts across two or three lanes because they don't want to miss their exit.
- Suddenly dash out to join in the roundabout.
- Probably afew of them unable to turn within their lanes.

Will these upgrades improve the road conditions and experience?
Besides Newton Circus, what other roundabouts you feel stressed with? share with us!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

I never had any issue with Newton Circus.  There was a time, I need to use this roundabout almost daily for few years.

I just try to watch out for other drivers and if they wanna cut, I will just give way.  Easy peasy.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 9

Never a problem for me. Been using Newton Circus regularly Pre-Covid-19 days. Need to be aggressive and know when to chiong and when to ease off. Position of your car in the correct lane and align to the exit of the roundabout.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Nolicense said:

this is ok.. tuas road one you can sweat

Yah,  see left see right, from smallest rats like bikes, big bullies like 10 wheelers, 40 footer container trucks , fast moving factory busses,  vans and light weight trucks etc, the trick is be calm and be patience. 

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator

The most stressful round about for me is the suntec one. I mean the fountain of wealth. 😂

I walk so many donkey years liao still same leh. No wealth at all! Stressful ah!

• Haha! 7

15 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

The most stressful round about for me is the suntec one. I mean the fountain of wealth. 😂

I walk so many donkey years liao still same leh. No wealth at all! Stressful ah!

Because you enter from one entrance and out using another exit  without completing the whole round, next time try to complete  the round  before you exit and go buy 4D. Now you should understand why that roundabout is always so crowded 😄😄

• Haha! 1

Actually Newton Circus roundabout really is abit stressful for those who are not experience drivers due to the volume of cars and the need to get into the correct lane for proper exiting, until a few weeks ago when it is covered completely by traffic lights at every of its exits. Now just need to follow the traffic lights and no stress for even those without much inexperience. I go there weekly as my youngest girl have tuition nearby every Saturday and need to go through the roundabout at least 3 times weekly, so that is already helpful even before the latest enhancement.

Newton circus roundabout even i have used many times, still can ‘get lost’ in the circus which exit is going to where? 😅 The only exit i am familiar is from scotts rd towards novena square. 

Actually all of these are fine.

Ai mai, ai mai is very bad. 

Either practise full defensive driving (head bent over, raise that posterior).

Or full offensive style (I will f**k you up!!) 

Don't ever give mixed signals. 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

13 hours ago, Nolicense said:

this is ok.. tuas road one you can sweat

I find the tuas one easy. Lol. But then I like used it everyday last time. It's been sometime I drove there. The last time I did I think they changed it. Now no more kick. 🙄

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1