Most stressful roundabouts

calbin7077

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Tuas rd? Where exactly? Why this one can sweat le?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tuas+Rd/@1.3228129,103.661233,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x31da05e979eb5031:0xde7cbceca55e1eb5!2s42+Tuas+Rd!3b1!8m2!3d1.307553!4d103.649688!3m4!1s0x31da058c75e08bf1:0xa3710ff155742cea!8m2!3d1.3228094!4d103.6634196

here when the traffic busy. start work or end work time. 

why sweat? because the speed is much faster than newton. there are bikes which are small and fast. bus which can be driven by siao lang. container trucks. lorry with indian drivers.

So far i have never seen an accident on sg road vigilante or beh chia lor for this circle. so at least it is not prone to accidents.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tuas+Rd/@1.3228129,103.661233,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x31da05e979eb5031:0xde7cbceca55e1eb5!2s42+Tuas+Rd!3b1!8m2!3d1.307553!4d103.649688!3m4!1s0x31da058c75e08bf1:0xa3710ff155742cea!8m2!3d1.3228094!4d103.6634196

here when the traffic busy. start work or end work time. 

why sweat? because the speed is much faster than newton. there are bikes which are small and fast. bus which can be driven by siao lang. container trucks. lorry with indian drivers.

So far i have never seen an accident on sg road vigilante or beh chia lor for this circle. so at least it is not prone to accidents.

This area sounds so alien to me. But i know Tuas area have many lorry, trucks and private buses, so driving in Tuas area roads also quite stress. Lol. The roundabout i know is the one at Pioneer Rd North, that one also have lots of heavy vehicles and speed is quite fast. Lol.

Edited by 13177

33 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This area sounds so alien to me. But i know Tuas area have many lorry, trucks and private buses, so driving in Tuas area roads also quite stress. Lol. The roundabout i know is the one at Pioneer Rd North, that one also have lots of heavy vehicles and speed is quite fast. Lol.

yes that one also. may be i not there during the rush hour so dont have the experience for this circle

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

yes that one also. may be i not there during the rush hour so dont have the experience for this circle

Overall roads in Tuas and Jurong area, not only traffic is high but also many heavy vehicles and bikes. Last time when i need to go that area to visit my vendor, always need to be extra careful when driving there.

15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Overall roads in Tuas and Jurong area, not only traffic is high but also many heavy vehicles and bikes. Last time when i need to go that area to visit my vendor, always need to be extra careful when driving there.

actually it is stress for people who dont go there often. those who drive there are familiar. i used to drive there..  you learn where to avoid after a while.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

I find the tuas one easy. Lol. But then I like used it everyday last time. It's been sometime I drove there. The last time I did I think they changed it. Now no more kick. 🙄

Ya this one near the Tuas fire station is the one that really needs skills. Those who complain Newton Circus is very difficult to navigate can go f themselves. 

I ever got into an accident when the company bus i was in, was t-boned by a tipper truck. My bus lifted off on 2 wheels and came back down; luckily no one was injured. 

The tipper truck driver tried to exit the roundabout from the inner-most lane! 

Then when came to police report, he changed his statement and claimed my bus driver sped into the roundabout! 

It was then I knew most drivers were dicks and would lie to get themselves out of any traffic offence. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

20 hours ago, calbin7077 said:

Newton Circus, one of singapore's busiest roundabout is getting new facelift.
source: Land Transport Authority – We Keep Your World Moving

IMO this is probably the most stressful roundabout in Singapore. You will encounter all sorts of pattern
- Suddenly cuts across two or three lanes because they don't want to miss their exit.
- Suddenly dash out to join in the roundabout.
- Probably afew of them unable to turn within their lanes.

Will these upgrades improve the road conditions and experience?
Besides Newton Circus, what other roundabouts you feel stressed with? share with us!

👍 Should also add U-turn and widen Queensway at the junction with Commonwealth Ave, esp with more HDB blocks in Margaret Dr.

55 minutes ago, Comage said:

Ya this one near the Tuas fire station is the one that really needs skills. Those who complain Newton Circus is very difficult to navigate can go f themselves. 

I ever got into an accident when the company bus i was in, was t-boned by a tipper truck. My bus lifted off on 2 wheels and came back down; luckily no one was injured. 

Then when came to police report, he changed his statement and claimed my bus driver sped into the roundabout! 

It was then I knew most drivers were dicks and would lie to get themselves out of any traffic offence. 

Looks like this roundabout at Tuas Rd really challenging? Lol.

True that drivers were dicks and lie to get themselves out of any traffic offence. Thats why car cam is very important. Also cameras on the road.

Edited by 13177

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Looks like this roundabout at Tuas Rd really challenging? Lol.

True that drivers were dicks and lie to get themselves out of any traffic offence. Thats why car cam is very important. Also cameras on the road.

Really no joke about this junction. 

I daresay those who drive at Newton Circus and get into collisions there - have most likely never driven at the Tuas roundabout before... 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Comage said:

Ya. This junction need to cheong out fast as the window very small. Cannot ai mai ai mai. 

• Praise 1

I no stress for any round about, even here in Thailand, the motorbike comes opposite direction. I always tell my passenger (if there is). At most go over them. Haha:yuush:

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
20 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I no stress for any round about, even here in Thailand, the motorbike comes opposite direction. I always tell my passenger (if there is). At most go over them. Haha:yuush:

hahha. life is cheap there. I think i born at the wrong place. Should go thailand. hahaha.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

hahha. life is cheap there. I think i born at the wrong place. Should go thailand. hahaha.

Don't like that say lah. The life is difficult here. Just only this morning, boss call me to chat, then ask me about another friend's house (2km from office) and comment. “It's not how near, KNN, it's about how many u-turn you need to take". 

My place to office is 5km but going back is 7.5km. Jia lat one

So you come here do what? find me yah😂

• Haha! 2

21 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Don't like that say lah. The life is difficult here. Just only this morning, boss call me to chat, then ask me about another friend's house (2km from office) and comment. “It's not how near, KNN, it's about how many u-turn you need to take". 

My place to office is 5km but going back is 7.5km. Jia lat one

So you come here do what? find me yah😂

He goes there to find GF lo.

I miss driving pickup in Msia.

No need check mirror 1.  Just switch on the signal and move.

• Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

He goes there to find GF lo.

I miss driving pickup in Msia.

No need check mirror 1.  Just switch on the signal and move.

Haha, I also got Hilux pick up. You want??

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

When the border opens 

Pray lah bro. This virus is a headache. But Thailand says they wanna open up in Oct.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1