Carousell is a 🦄 too. 🦄🦄🦄 everywhere.

BabyBlade

18 minutes ago, Ahwhye said:

Many of these so called start-up burn investors' money to try make it big, when time is right, list it or sell it like some hot cakes, then get the hell out of it, subsequently become hot potato or not, is someone else problem...... remember all the shared bike things?

orr… you saying mcf/sgcarmart founders ah?

😬🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Wow. I Really feel like 井底之蛙。I mean ownself doing paperwork is quite achievable due to the hdb resale seminar etc which I also attended. 

But haha just surprised the buyer doesn't just go via PG or 99.co

HDB makes things very clear, transparent and sequential for buyers and sellers. Yes, property agents do provide value-added services but only if you need it or cannot be bothered to deal with the extra effort. Depending on the commission at stake, you have to price the value of your time to decide if you wish to sell it yourself or let an agent do it on your behalf.

(Admittedly, my time is relatively cheap)

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Macrosszero said:

HDB makes things very clear, transparent and sequential for buyers and sellers. Yes, property agents do provide value-added services but only if you need it or cannot be bothered to deal with the extra effort. Depending on the commission at stake, you have to price the value of your time to decide if you wish to sell it yourself or let an agent do it on your behalf.

(Admittedly, my time is relatively cheap)

Understand all the above. I find it hard to negotiate with people so OK pay the agent to remove the emotional aspect. And they do the screening and deal with the low ballers and enquiries. 

Haha I'm just amazed by serious buyers looking on Carousell. 

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Understand all the above. I find it hard to negotiate with people so OK pay the agent to remove the emotional aspect. And they do the screening and deal with the low ballers and enquiries. 

Haha I'm just amazed by serious buyers looking on Carousell. 

Well there are buyers who are looking to cut agents out of the picture when its a 5-figure sum at stake. In my case I had two independent buyers who offered close to my expected (not posted asking) price which I had detailed discussions with. 

As I said, buying and selling property, especially HDB, isn't black magic, if your transaction is straightforward you can try to DIY before looking to agents to render you (and charge you for) the service. 

4 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Well there are buyers who are looking to cut agents out of the picture when its a 5-figure sum at stake. In my case I had two independent buyers who offered close to my expected (not posted asking) price which I had detailed discussions with. 

As I said, buying and selling property, especially HDB, isn't black magic, if your transaction is straightforward you can try to DIY before looking to agents to render you (and charge you for) the service. 

I guess so. Since they save that 1% also. 

For pte. There's no incentive for them. 

Edited by Lala81

6 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

With pte it’s even easier. Everything lawyer will handle. 

On 9/16/2021 at 9:31 AM, Windwaver said:

At least people decided to offer you some money.

Some came back and ask if they can self pick up for free.

:XD:

Your case consider not bad liao.

My wife wanted to give away free items as self pickup. A clown demanded that my wife meet at an inconvenient location. The loser justified by saying she's a single mom so poor thing and accused my wife being heartless for rejecting her. No wonder her husband left her ccb.

• Haha! 8

17 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

Wow, so you managed to sell your property via Carousell?

500K property is 10K commission so I think it's worth it to DIY but is it that easy?

You just post a few pictures of your unit and no physical viewing?

2 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Your case consider not bad liao.

My wife wanted to give away free items as self pickup. A clown demanded that my wife meet at an inconvenient location. The loser justified by saying she's a single mom so poor thing and accused my wife being heartless for rejecting her. No wonder her husband left her ccb.

aiya...you should offer to send to her home mah

wasted opportunity

😅

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Wow, so you managed to sell your property via Carousell?

500K property is 10K commission so I think it's worth it to DIY but is it that easy?

You just post a few pictures of your unit and no physical viewing?

Yeah post photos, but need to entertain physical viewing, otherwise how to negotiate and sell? Each time there is a viewing just tidy up the house a bit la.

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Yeah post photos, but need to entertain physical viewing, otherwise how to negotiate and sell? Each time there is a viewing just tidy up the house a bit la.

I see but do they go to every corner of your place to inspect?

It's impossible to keep all the mess :grin:

Internal Moderator
20 hours ago, Enye said:

orr… you saying mcf/sgcarmart founders ah?

😬🤣

To be fair our three bosses are still hard at work. Though the company was sold to SPH, sgCarMart is still their baby and they want it to do well.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

I see but do they go to every corner of your place to inspect?

It's impossible to keep all the mess :grin:

I’m not selling the house with its belongings, it’s up to them to imagine how they want to fill it up leh? How to live in a house that needs to be continually kept like a show flat?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

In the end, ppl who offered are low-ballers, ppl who posted on Carousell are expected to be low-balled .

What kind of balls do one expect when one post a product/ service on Carousell ? will anyone give you a higher offer than the asking ? highly unlikely, so why bothered to post and come here KPKB . Muahahahah !![laugh]

1 hour ago, BabyBlade said:

To be fair our three bosses are still hard at work. Though the company was sold to SPH, sgCarMart is still their baby and they want it to do well.

wah…. sgcarmart profitable or not?

i help keppel corp shareholders ask one

😅🤣

• Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

I’m not selling the house with its belongings, it’s up to them to imagine how they want to fill it up leh? How to live in a house that needs to be continually kept like a show flat?

tiagong if engage agent, they will clean up the house for you for every viewing 

free house cleaning until sold 

😬😅

Once Carousell starts to charge sellers and buyers, it will be nothing more than like ebay.

The current attractiveness is the low cost to free to sellers and buyers. Unfortunately, there is little in the form of protection for the buyer or seller dealing in Carousell. Each has to do due diligence.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1