Let's talk about Vaccine Booster Shots

therock

48 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Patriotic vaccine doesn't mean no side effects hor

The title is misleading.

I had pulled straight the report from HSA.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

How come seems like if dont feel well after taking Pfizer, usually it is after the 2nd dose?

Every body react differently  to it.

My aunt some of them perfectly  all right. Some of them lie on bed cannot  get down for a few days.

Its a risk we need to take. Consider  there is a huge shortage of non mrna vaccine despite the huge demand. 

Better then u not vaccine and kenna infected

But like i say i know some ppl still not vaccinated yet😐

• Praise 1

2 shots already buay tahan... still booster?!

i think better to take a test to find out your antibody level before deciding whether to take booster, hence can skip if not necessary 

19 minutes ago, Beregond said:

My aunt some of them perfectly  all right. Some of them lie on bed cannot  get down for a few days.

Its a risk we need to take. Consider  there is a huge shortage of non mrna vaccine despite the huge demand. 

my family got similar dna,  hence Pfizer got not side effects on all of us, not even headache.

I believe if novavax can complete the trial, the govt mostly likely let everyone take next year, except for the early batch senior.

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

my family got similar dna,  hence Pfizer got not side effects on all of us, not even headache.

I believe if novavax can complete the trial, the govt mostly likely let everyone take next year, except for the early batch senior.

Yes. Some  friends i know with their family still stubbornly waiting for this.

Can only wish them the best. Take vaccine this kind of thing cannot force 1. 

14 minutes ago, Ender said:

This is between Novavax and fda?

https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/marion-gruber-phil-krause-leaving-fda/605859/

https://www.pharmtech.com/view/former-fda-scientists-dispute-need-for-booster-vaccines

Head of the vaccine review office in FDA retiring and also simultaneously puts her name in a paper saying that its too early to conclude on recommending booster for the healthy or non seniors. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

2nd shot dun feel well for almost 2 week.

now almost 1.5 mth pass. i only got abit of weird feeling from my chest.( very occasionally only) i dun know how to describle) anw i dun see any perm damage on me. and i think its gonna go away in a few more weeks or months. i already restart my jogging.

but if there is a safer or better vaccine around. why i want risk another pizer??  tio bo??

I think it's really up to the individual to decide. Even those who are OK after 2 shots, I would still urge caution and wait and see. Better alternative might be around the corner. 

Also, is booster proven to be effective against Delta? I think now is still an unknown. So it's really not necessary to rush headlong into getting a booster shot. 

• Praise 2

If I ever have a mRNA booster shot

Hopefully they don't bind to my heart too much like my initial 2 doses.

Instead of irregular heartbeats it may stop my heart instead.

I rather have a small pool of long-lasting ‘memory’ B and T cells that patrol the body for future infections by that pathogen.

HKG says no:

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kong-delays-covid-19-boosters-as-other-developed-places-push-ahead

HONG KONG (BLOOMBERG) - Hong Kong government health advisers say there is no urgency to give residents Covid-19 booster shots since there have been no outbreaks in three months, a decision that runs counter to the steps many other developed economies are taking.

A third dose will not be needed until two to three months before the city's borders open, said experts on two panels convened by the Centre for Health Protection to study the issue.

Hong Kong's zero tolerance for any local Covid-19 infections means the virus is not circulating in the city now, reducing the need for extra protection, said Mr David Hui, chairman of the Scientific Committee on Emerging and Zoonotic Diseases.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Beregond said:

True, different people react differently to it. But i notice usually if a person cannot get down on bed or feel unwell many days and longer or maybe has some chest discomfort etc usually is after taking 2nd dose. Seldom hear such things happened after 1st dose?! 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

I think it's really up to the individual to decide. Even those who are OK after 2 shots, I would still urge caution and wait and see. Better alternative might be around the corner. 

Also, is booster proven to be effective against Delta? I think now is still an unknown. So it's really not necessary to rush headlong into getting a booster shot. 

Ya lo, no need to rush and just wait and see. Like when our vaccination programme started and opens to various age group. Some people also no follow and go take the jab immediately and wait until almost most people have taken the jab, then they go take. 😅

26 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Ya lo, no need to rush and just wait and see. Like when our vaccination programme started and opens to various age group. Some people also no follow and go take the jab immediately and wait until almost most people have taken the jab, then they go take. 😅

Gahment say meh meh pak, meh meh pak,  then many do it asap lor..

• Haha! 1

Everyday we hear vaccines, vaccines, vaccines.

Because we hear it all the time we think we know what it is.

You go to any coffee shop you always find one "expert" giving his views on this that and the other.

You know lah the type that "knows" everything just like my MIL.

:D

But what a lot of people say about vaccines are totally wrong.

There are anti vaxxers who say vaccines don't work.

Then some people say must choose wisely chose the safe one

or choose the one that defeats the virus the best.

There is no safe vaccines as every vaccine carries a risk.

Some say the mRNA vaccines will  change your DNA because they hear RNA and it sounds like DNA so it mst change your DNA lah! 

Now no vaccine can fight any virus.

It is your own body that fights the virus.

What the vaccine does is teach your body how to fight and who to fight with.

Its like you drive your car, your driving instructor don't drive your car.

All your driving instructor does is teach you how to operate your car and how to maneuver on the road.

:D

The problem is 6 months after your driving test most people forget 90% of what your driving instructor has taught you.

How many people have taken a refresher course?

"I no need refresher course lah, I know how to drive one!"

Do most people know how to drive properly? Just see how many videos I post lah.

That's why I am very happy to take a booster shot. I always think everybody including me a refresher course will help my driving.

So many people have bad habits that they don't even know about.

So many people never see the danger and is oblivious to it.

Its only dumb luck that some many don't get into more accidents.

I don't want to trust my life to sheer dumb luck.