therock

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

This is really funny. 

Screenshot_20211016-162951_Facebook.jpg

But 21 or 28 days later need to break in again for 2nd dose.. jin mafan.😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

Might also worth to check the antibody level first before go for booster shot for lower risk group.

Can ask @RH1667 to share. He went recently. 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

US regulators weigh whether people can mix COVID booster shots

U.S. regulators are considering revising the rules for COVID-19 vaccines to allow people to opt for a different type of shot for their booster than what they originally received, a move that would enable people who got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine to receive the Moderna or Pfizer dose as their next shot.

Likewise, a person who got the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine might be able to boost with J&J or the other mRNA shot.

No decision has been made, and it's not clear how soon mixed doses could happen.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration would need to amend its authorizations of the three vaccines available to Americans, and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention would have to endorse the idea.

But in a meeting Friday with independent advisers, senior government officials suggested they were open to the idea.

Keep calm carry on, but do take a panadol after the shot... and rest...

Try doing it on a Friday then rest for the next two days..

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Can ask @RH1667 to share. He went recently. 

Guess it depends on individual, but , of course good to check if not sure. 
but I have friends who think it is not necessary also. 

• Praise 2

25 minutes ago, therock said:

Keep calm carry on, but do take a panadol after the shot... and rest...

Try doing it on a Friday then rest for the next two days..

Lucky my company provide a day off for all vaccination, including booster shot. Can pick the day I need.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 3

What happens when you let it go:

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/how-serbia-became-the-worlds-latest-covid-19-hotspot

BELGRADE (AFP) - Packed bars, few masks and almost no restrictions - in Serbia it seems the pandemic is over. But it's a cruel illusion, as the Balkan country currently tops the global charts for infection rates.

Despite having a variety of jabs available, the country's vaccination drive stalled after just over 40 per cent of its seven-million population were inoculated.

Serbia has been averaging more than 6,500 cases a day over the past two weeks, according to AFP data, an infection rate of almost 93.5 per 100,000 people - by far the highest in the world.

Although wearing a mask indoors and social distancing are mandatory, there is little or no enforcement. Following the rules is down to individual choice.

"I'm not bothered about the virus, I had it last year, it wasn't a big deal," 20-year economics student Marko told AFP while sitting in a crowded Belgrade bar.

Doctors have urged the government to impose strict measures, such as limiting the opening hours of non-essential businesses and introducing a vaccine pass that would limit social activities of those who are yet to receive the jab.

'Pure survival mode'

After juggling the idea for weeks, Prime Minister Ana Brnabic finally dismissed it, claiming there was no way to impose discipline.

"Passes are impossible to control, just as it's impossible to control wearing masks indoors," Ms Brnabic said during a recent televised press conference.

"We have a cure for this... and that is vaccination."

Serbia's leading epidemiologist Predrag Kon - a member of a government-appointed pandemic task force - was incredulous at the refusal to bring in tighter measures.

"I can't comprehend what I just listened to," he said after a crisis meeting of the task force, accusing decision-makers of "obstruction".

Dr Rade Panic, who leads a doctor's union, links the government's reluctance to enforce tough measures to elections due next spring and the widespread influence of vaccine sceptics.

"The anti-vaxxers created a problem, but the government does not want to tackle it because of the elections," Dr Panic told AFP.

"The message is that we are all on our own... We are in pure survival mode."

• Praise 2

Relative immunity versus absolute immunity.

I have money to last me a long time and I have money to live luxurious life for a long time have two totally different meanings.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

14 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Just watched 007 NTTD...i now scared got extra ingredients in the vaccine...nanobots 😅

Too late.

Bill already put his tracking device in the vaccines and he is tracking you right now!

He says he can see you here on MCF! 

:D

Bill Gates denies conspiracy theories that say he wants to use coronavirus vaccines to implant tracking devices

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, therock said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/commentary/covid-19-vaccine-coronavirus-immune-response-cell-mrna-safe-pfizer-moderna-2246831

Nothing last forever, but we still need protection until there's herd immunity..

I am not sure why some are always surprised in addition booster shot is needed. 

Even season flu, pneumonia shot also need yearly. 

13 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Too late.

Bill already put his tracking device in the vaccines and he is tracking you right now!

He says he can see you here on MCF! 

Tracking is fine...track all he likes...just dont hit the purge button especially when I'm purging...sai to cum out from anywhere else is grossed 😅

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Tracking is fine...track all he likes...just dont hit the purge button especially when I'm purging...sai to cum out from anywhere else is grossed 😅

Trump supports are so stupid.

Bill gates track us for what?

Our handphones already tracking us.

Both Google and the Telcos!

On 10/16/2021 at 2:52 PM, Jamesc said:

Quarter-dose of Moderna COVID vaccine still rouses a big immune response

In the earliest trial of Moderna’s mRNA-based vaccine, study participants received one of three dose levels: 25, 100 or 250 micrograms. The top dose proved too toxic. The low dose elicited the weakest immune response. The middle dose seemed to offer the best balance: it triggered strong immunity and had acceptable side effects.

That 100-microgram dose ultimately became the one authorized for mass use in dozens of countries. But Moderna scientists later showed that a half-dose seemed to be just as good as the standard dose at stimulating immune protection4.

To find out whether a low dose might offer protection, scientists analysed blood from 35 participants in the original trial. Each had received two 25-microgram jabs of vaccine 28 days apart.

Six months after the second shot, nearly all of the 35 participants had ‘neutralizing’ antibodies, which block the virus from infecting cells, the researchers reported in a preprint published on 5 July1. Participants’ blood also contained an armada of different T cells, both ‘killer’ cells that can destroy infected cells and a variety of ‘helper’ cells that aid in general immune defence.

What if it triggers auto-immune response from the body? Enough T cells to kill yourself :slow:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

What if it triggers auto-immune response from the body? Enough T cells to kill yourself :slow:

Yup that's why I think having 200 mcg of Moderna in my system

maybe booster should be a non mRNA or Pfizer with just 15 mcg of vaccine.

People with Pfizer boosters only have 60 + 15 = 75 mcg of vaccine.

I have 100 mcg after just 1 Moderna shot!