Let's talk about Vaccine Booster Shots

therock

12 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Yes, it affects 10-20% of us from what I read.....if it goes away. Thanks

Good to hear that.

Any side effects that go away for good within 2 weeks is ok la, don't worry :grin:

My heart arrhythmia (free gift from Pfizer) started a couple of hours after my 2nd jab and has been around for months.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

I'll probably got non-mRNA for booster, think my heart cannot tank another mRNA jab.

On the other hand, anybody here or you know of jab non-mRNA and suffered bad side effects?

Is this allowed? I think there is no options to get a non mRNA booster if you have already taken both mRNA shots

1 minute ago, Silverkris said:

Is this allowed? I think there is no options to get a non mRNA booster if you have already taken both mRNA shots

Doctor must certify, if not pay out of pocket and not covered under VIFAP.

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

I'll probably got non-mRNA for booster, think my heart cannot tank another mRNA jab.

On the other hand, anybody here or you know of jab non-mRNA and suffered bad side effects?

So far i no heard people suffer from bad effects after jab non mRNA vaccine. But there is always still a risk no matter what vaccine you take la, and also depends on individual person react to the vaccine.

2 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

No option if you plan to take your booster for free. But if you pay for it, then no one is stopping you la. I have a friend took 2P and pay to take sinovac for booster.

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So far i no heard people suffer from bad effects after jab non mRNA vaccine. But there is always still a risk no matter what vaccine you take la, and also depends on individual person react to the vaccine.

I have the impression that non-mRNA vaccine like Sinopharm has less side effects but I rather do without a booster if possible.

Thank you.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Kklim said:

Sinovac best. Three shots, zero side effects.

Coronavirus: Hong Kong man’s death after taking Sinovac vaccine was ‘coincidental event’, inquest told

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/law-and-crime/article/3155456/coronavirus-hong-kong-mans-death-after-taking-sinovac

Sound familiar?

https://www.hsa.gov.sg/docs/default-source/hprg-vcb/safety-update-on-covid19-vaccines/hsa-safety-update-no-6-on-covid-19-vaccines-(30-sep-2021).pdf

Sinovac-CoronaVac and Sinopharm COVID-19 Vaccines

Vaccination for Sinovac-CoronaVac COVID-19 vaccine and Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine were rolled out on 18 June 2021 and 30 August 2021, respectively. As of 30 September 2021, HSA has received 111 (0.06% of doses administered) and 3 (0.02% of doses administered) suspected AE reports following the administration of 180,903 doses and 17,630 doses of Sinovac-CoronaVac and Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines respectively.

The commonly reported AEs include rash, angioedema, shortness of breath, chest discomfort and dizziness. Nine (0.005% of doses administered) of the reports received with Sinovac-CoronaVac vaccine were assessed as serious, which included Bell’s Palsy, blood clots, numbness, palpitations, vertigo with tinnitus (ringing of the ears) and serious allergic reactions including three reports of anaphylaxis. No serious AEs were reported with Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine. It should be noted that the type and number of reports received for different COVID-19 vaccines are not directly comparable as the vaccines have been used in the vaccination programme for different durations of time. In addition, these vaccines have been administered only to a very small proportion (< 2%) of the population compared to the much larger scale of deployment for the mRNA vaccines.

Overall, the AEs were consistent with those typically observed following vaccination. HSA will continue to monitor the AEs with Sinovac-CoronaVac vaccine and Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine.

6 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Sinovac best. Three shots, zero side effects.

Too late for me, the heart arrhythmia from Pfizer is probably going to be with me for life.

However, I'll go for non-mRNA if there's a real need for booster.

Thanks for the feedback, it really helps people like me who had bad side effects from mRNA (supposed to be very safe, my ass).

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Too late for me, the heart arrhythmia from Pfizer is probably going to be with me for life.

Thanks for the feedback, it really helps people like me who had bad side effects from mRNA (supposed to be very safe, my ass).

If gahment implement measure that people need to take booster to consider fully vaccinated, and cannot mixed between mRNA and non mRNA as booster, then you cannot take non mRNA as booster liao.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If gahment implement measure that people need to take booster to consider fully vaccinated, and cannot mixed between mRNA and non mRNA as booster, then you cannot take non mRNA as booster liao.

I also dun plan on mrna as booster . Anw i just take on aug. Can drag till next year  then decide.

I rather take a full course non mrna like novavax (hopefully approval liao) or other non mrna . Then to take a 3rd shot mrna.

Still need to see more news on the effect of mixing both type of vaccines first 

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 2

43 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

I have the impression that non-mRNA vaccine like Sinopharm has less side effects but I rather do without a booster if possible.

Thank you.

If I'm in your position I would hold off the booster as long as I can..

2 hours ago, Windwaver said:

I chose Sinovac coz I have a history of anaphylaxis.

Some people kenna anaphylaxis during the observation period and are given EpiPen shot(s). What MOH doesn't tell them is they then become even more sensitive to whatever triggered the severe reaction.

Edited by Kklim
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 2

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Yeah, they might do that but it'll be unfair for people that experience bad side effects, in my case chronic but not serious enough.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3