Let's talk about Vaccine Booster Shots

therock

6 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I also know. WHO with all their political motherhood statements.

I am nobody but I strongly recommend someone that is not profit driven (and works for free) comes out with a vaccine that is non mRNA and can stop transmission 100%, prevent severe illness 100% and end the pandemic tomorrow.  😀

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/who-experts-say-repeated-boosters-of-original-covid-19-vaccines-not-a-viable-strategy

You're thinking of an AstraZenica sort.

They haven't made any profit (so far, but will start a small amount soon) and do the non-mRNA type you want.

It's the closest you'll find this moment.

As such, I've been following their advice/expectation with regards boosters and annual shots since they've done it the right way since Day1. It will change for sure, but they have a higher ranking for trustworthiness than their little-blue-pill "competitor".

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

8 hours ago, Jellandross said:

So do I hold my booster and wait for it?

But wait MOH said my fully vaccinated status will become not vaccinated after 14 Feb.

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

But wait MOH said my fully vaccinated status will become not vaccinated after 14 Feb.

We're now getting reminders in TnT to boost by Feb.14th even we did already.

Pressure!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, bsswan said:

We're now getting reminders in TnT to boost by Feb.14th even we did already.

Pressure!

It's a very different Valentine's Day this year......

I hope all can have a "hearty" meal😅

• Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

You can wait for it if the unvaccinated status doesn’t affect you lo. 😂 

• Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You can wait for it if the unvaccinated status doesn’t affect you lo. 😂 

It will lor.

Will affect all the family activities.

If I am single then no issue lah...

Now I felt like there is no human rights.

Feel like I am in NK and some say Xinjiang.....

• Haha! 2

This came one day after CDC admit vaccine does not prevent transmission. Now pfizer ceo admission that their vaccine provides limited protection against omicron.

Getting ready to ditch old formula and welcome the new omicron formula in march?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news.com.au/technology/science/human-body/pfizer-boss-says-two-doses-provides-limited-protection-if-any-against-omicron/news-story/9d76126d080e2010f05eb0b4ae5e0c45%3famp

• Praise 1

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-11/repeat-booster-shots-risk-overloading-immune-system-ema-says

European Union regulators warned that frequent Covid-19 booster shots could adversely affect the immune system and may not be feasible.  

Repeat booster doses every four months could eventually weaken the immune system and tire out people

Feel sorry for the Israelis. 

Edited by Fcw75

Dr Janil said the Ministry of Health (MOH) has not received any report of "serious adverse events or myocarditis from vaccination in children in Singapore" as at last Friday. The ministry will continue to monitor the vaccination exercise closely, he added.

On boosters, he said there are currently no recommendations for children to get these shots. "If introduced, MOH will continue to ensure that families with children are able to access vaccination services in a convenient manner," he said.

Responding to MPs on the Covid-19 vaccine jab's potential side effects for children, Dr Janil cited international data to show there have not been safety concerns thus far.

15,540 children aged below 12 had Covid-19 in S'pore in 2021

Edited by hootAh

12 hours ago, Atonchia said:

This one i really dunno 

If you become unvaccinated, would 

1) the booster make you fall under vaccinated status again

2) you are now ineligible for booster and need to go through the whole process of 2 doses mRNA plus booster again since you are unvaccinated

Cos my understanding is booster works only when you are still vaccinated and in need of a boost but what if you are considered unvaccinated?  Start from square one?  

• Praise 1

On 1/11/2022 at 5:36 PM, Kb27 said:

Even without COVID, people are questioning supplements. Some say if you do not have a health issue or prescribed by doctor, then you don't need supplement.

You get them all from the food you eat.

The question should be, why is your body lack of certain vitamin that you need supplement? You are not eating the right foods? If your body is not absorbing those vitamins from the foods you ate, then how does your body absorb them from the vitamin supplement? 

Maybe a jab directly into your system is better right? 😆

Edited by Victor68

12 hours ago, Atonchia said:

14 Feb, bopian lah, go and take that jab to survive in Singapore. I did mine despite the side effects. Now waiting for my rashes 😂

• Praise 3

14 hours ago, Atonchia said:

It will lor.

Will affect all the family activities.

If I am single then no issue lah...

Now I felt like there is no human rights.

Feel like I am in NK and some say Xinjiang.....

They will tell you still have human rights lo, they never say mandatory must go for vaccine/booster. If the vaccination status would not affect your daily life and job, you can still choose not to go for the jab at all de?! Lol. But too bad the reality is not like this.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

14 Feb, bopian lah, go and take that jab to survive in Singapore. I did mine despite the side effects. Now waiting for my rashes 😂

When you jab your booster? If already after a week or so, if no rashes means no rashes liao la?! I think side effect is rashes, maybe still not so bad compared side effect is heart related problem. Like chest discomfort on and off, heart irregular etc. I scare heart related side effects.

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

This one i really dunno 

If you become unvaccinated, would 

1) the booster make you fall under vaccinated status again

2) you are now ineligible for booster and need to go through the whole process of 2 doses mRNA plus booster again since you are unvaccinated

Cos my understanding is booster works only when you are still vaccinated and in need of a boost but what if you are considered unvaccinated?  Start from square one?  

For this concern, where and who can ask ah?

16 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This morning I used TT app and there was a yellow notification on top regarding this. You see yours have or not.

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Looks like just take the boost will do to reinstate your vax status.

What happens if I did not manage to get my booster in time?

If you did not manage to get your booster in time, your Vaccination status will turn grey and show ‘Additional dose needed’. To get a green ‘Vaccinated’ status again, you need to get a booster.

We recommend you to take your booster as soon as you become eligible for it. While there’s no 14-day waiting period for boosters to take effect, the systems may take 1-3 days to update that you’ve taken your booster.

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3