Let's talk about Vaccine Booster Shots

therock

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Israel, world number one booster country now says booster not good enough... duh..  32 mutation liao, I wonder how much of a resemblance to the original virus the omicron has now? To me it's pointless to boost with the old formula against the omicron. Diminishing benefit with  unneccary vaccine risk for the younger population, since we are no longer fighting the old virus. 

This quote suggest increase in antibodies from 4th booster not working well. Formula salah.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-trial-worlds-first-finds-4th-dose-not-good-enough-against-omicron/

Lab for Pfizer.

↡ Advertisement

18 hours ago, Beregond said:

Saw on chinese paper a report on booster.

Non mrna vaccine also qualify as booster liao.

So those that dun want take 3 mrna now have more options. 

Really bo? Means if take 2 doses of mrna liao, i can now go take china vaccine for my booster jab?

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Really bo? Means if take 2 doses of mrna liao, i can now go take china vaccine for my booster jab?

The paper didnt specifically state the name, just say that non mrna vaccine as a booster also have the fully vac status. The only non mrna vaccine allow in in currently is sinovac and sinoharm  only. My parents just took the 3rd sinoharm last friday, they ask the doctor and confirm this also.

But i trying to find similar report on English paper, still cannot find, today go home read ST , see any update. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Beregond said:

The paper didnt specifically state the name, just say that non mrna vaccine as a booster also have the fully vac status. The only non mrna vaccine allow in in currently is sinovac and sinoharm  only. My parents just took the 3rd sinoharm last friday, they ask the doctor and confirm this also.

But i trying to find similar report on English paper, still cannot find, today go home read ST , see any update. 

I go see the MOH website, no mention on this le. So your parents took sinoharm route for all their vaccine?

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I go see the MOH website, no mention on this le. So your parents took sinoharm route for all their vaccine?

ya, all 3 shots.

'no mention on this le'  ya this is weird, the chinese paper state quite clearly,

which is why i trying to reconfirm. 

15 minutes ago, Beregond said:

The closest i recall is Kenneth Mak saying it's is possible to use novavax non mrna as booster since it has high efficacy. But subjected to the expert committee review first.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Beregond said:

ya, all 3 shots.

'no mention on this le'  ya this is weird, the chinese paper state quite clearly,

which is why i trying to reconfirm. 

Maybe the so called non mrna can qualify as booster for people who already took mrna, maybe refer to novavax? But so far still no news novavax is already approved to use in National Vaccination Programme yet. Perhaps need to wait a little while?!

• Praise 1

Faster approve Novavax already la.

Any vaccine also can’t prevent infection and transmission.

They just want people to be vaccinated only.

• Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Faster approve Novavax already la.

Any vaccine also can’t prevent infection and transmission.

They just want people to be vaccinated only.

Even though they only want people to be vaccinated, but they also dont allow people anyhow take any vaccine lo. Need to follow what vaccine they have plan for people to take?! 🙄

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Maybe the so called non mrna can qualify as booster for people who already took mrna, maybe refer to novavax? But so far still no news novavax is already approved to use in National Vaccination Programme yet. Perhaps need to wait a little while?!

later go home i find the paper and double read again

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Even though they only want people to be vaccinated, but they also dont allow people anyhow take any vaccine lo. Need to follow what vaccine they have plan for people to take?! 🙄

20220118_184814.jpg

• Praise 2

On 1/17/2022 at 8:39 PM, Kb27 said:

Money talks now. Want to lose all your sponsors ?

Djokovic sponsor Lacoste wants to 'review' Australia events with tennis star

Hong Kong/London (CNN Business)Novak Djokovic has departed Australia after authorities canceled his visa for a second time. Now, one of his sponsors wants a word.

Djokovic has endorsement deals worth $30 million a year, according to Forbes, and was the world's 46th highest-paid athlete in 2021.

7884056380_c752d5dd86_o.gifgiphy.gif

11 hours ago, Ender said:

Israel, world number one booster country now says booster not good enough... duh..  32 mutation liao, I wonder how much of a resemblance to the original virus the omicron has now? To me it's pointless to boost with the old formula against the omicron. Diminishing benefit with  unneccary vaccine risk for the younger population, since we are no longer fighting the old virus. 

This quote suggest increase in antibodies from 4th booster not working well. Formula salah.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-trial-worlds-first-finds-4th-dose-not-good-enough-against-omicron/

This means a 5th booster might be needed :grin:

• Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Need to take 3 non mrna to qualify for non mrna as booster. Lol.

u read the title

after taking 2x mrna 

number 3 take  take non -mrna

moh: also equal to booster

• Haha! 1

53 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Need to take 3 non mrna to qualify for non mrna as booster. Lol.

It's not in the English papers.

Edited by Windwaver
↡ Advertisement