Let's talk about Vaccine Booster Shots

therock

@Windwaver My taxi friend first 2 shots was Pfizer,booster sinovac,no need doctor"s memo.As for VIFAP he dont know anything abt it and he said he dont care as long he can still drive and eat out and also for his own safety.

Edited by Aero39
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Aero39 said:

Bro,so sorry abt yr heart problems,my friend took sinovac last Monday (taxi driver deadline Feb) and was told its recognized and registered as booster (chinese newspaper came out ),me also alot of pain after 2nd Pfizer, hopefully they will get in Novavax as booster so I dont have to go thru hell again.

From MOH website, seems like if you are not under VIFAP after taking mrna, you must take back mrna as booster le. Who told your friend that sinovac is recognised as booster for him? I think to confirm if it is really recognise or not, after 14 Feb can see the TT app will know? 😅

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

From MOH website, seems like if you are not under VIFAP after taking mrna, you must take back mrna as booster le. Who told your friend that sinovac is recognised as booster for him? I think to confirm if it is really recognise or not, after 14 Feb can see the TT app will know? 😅

Lastest from him today,his traceappts on his hp shows and registered the 3rd jab.If sinovac is not recognised as a booster,he will not be allow to drive as their deadline is Feb as a taxidriver.

• Praise 1

57 minutes ago, Aero39 said:

Lastest from him today,his traceappts on his hp shows and registered the 3rd jab.If sinovac is not recognised as a booster,he will not be allow to drive as their deadline is Feb as a taxidriver.

Thats the thing. The MOH site is very vague about this issue. Even calling their hotline have differing answers.

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

But one can still take a Sinovac booster shot at a private clinic appointed by MOH.

• Praise 1

Natural and hybrid immunity for the win. Very large scale study. Previously CDC said vaccine immunity is better, while the rest of the world said otherwise.

Edited by Ender

11 hours ago, Aero39 said:

@Windwaver My taxi friend first 2 shots was Pfizer,booster sinovac,no need doctor"s memo.As for VIFAP he dont know anything abt it and he said he dont care as long he can still drive and eat out and also for his own safety.

10 hours ago, 13177 said:

My concern about not getting covered under VIFAP is whether if expenses (out of self pocket) will be covered if there's hospitalization due to COVID-19.

7 hours ago, Ender said:

Natural and hybrid immunity for the win. Very large scale study. Previously CDC said vaccine immunity is better, while the rest of the world said otherwise.

What is missing is the unvacinnated dead can't be reinfected (they are in the first cohort with greatest risk). Vaccination before natural infection (hybrid) is therefore the safest. 

This guy is a lot more balanced as compared to the American doctor.

He however recommends a recalibrated approach to boosters, possibly using anti bodies tests.

So who is keen to attend Covid CNY party? 😂

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Aero39 said:

i intent to follow your friend, but do a sinoharm instead.

• Praise 3

53 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

What is missing is the unvacinnated dead can't be reinfected (they are in the first cohort with greatest risk). Vaccination before natural infection (hybrid) is therefore the safest. 

This guy is a lot more balanced as compared to the American doctor.

He however recommends a recalibrated approach to boosters, possibly using anti bodies tests.

So who is keen to attend Covid CNY party? 😂

If you are confident of your health and fitness, and you are vaxxed, perhaps the next step for next higher level of protection is to get the milder omicron. 🤣

This ah pek, I also got watch. 🤣 He is the one and another american doctor have been promoting Vit D from better immunity.

From the 2nd video I posted, Natural immunity is very long term, the T-memeory cell is still very effective against the covid even when antiibodies are low.  I wonder why our gahment gave 180 days VDS validity for those recovered from covid as opposed to 270 days for those who are vaccinated? This latest CDC study (admission finally) shows natural immunity is many times more protective than two doses of vaccine.  55.3 fold reduction from Natural immunity is a significantly larger than then vax immunity at 19.8 fold reduction from hospitalisation.

image.thumb.png.635dbf5bc31ae7df897a41bab9330e01.png

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Davidklt said:

But one can still take a Sinovac booster shot at a private clinic appointed by MOH.

Guess one can take whatever vaccine you like, but thing is whether that vaccine is recognize as booster shot and your vaccination status still consider as fully vaccinated lo.

• Praise 1

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/cases-double-less-week-478-people-singapore-hospital-covid-19-32-need-oxygen-support-11

Cases double in less than a week: 478 people in Singapore in hospital with Covid-19; 32 need oxygen support, 11 in ICU

"Singapore reported a weekly infection growth rate of 2.69, meaning that it is taking less than one week for case numbers to double."

Will zham brake soon? 

2 hours ago, Windwaver said:

My concern about not getting covered under VIFAP is whether if expenses (out of self pocket) will be covered if there's hospitalization due to COVID-19.

But you took 2 shots already. So should be covered.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

i intent to follow your friend, but do a sinoharm instead.

You better check first. Wait they say not recognise for VDS, you would have to take another one. 

1 minute ago, Davidklt said:

You better check first. Wait they say not recognise for VDS, you would have to take another one. 

not recognise then take full course sinoharm .

i dun think our yearly flu shot is mrna vaccine? I really doubt my body can tahan a few more of those

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ender said:

If you are confident of your health and fitness, and you are vaxxed, perhaps the next step for next higher level of protection is to get the milder omicron. 🤣

This ah pek, I also got watch. 🤣 He is the one and another american doctor have been promoting Vit D from better immunity.

From the 2nd video I posted, Natural immunity is very long term, the T-memeory cell is still very effective against the covid even when antiibodies are low.  I wonder why our gahment gave 180 days VDS validity for those recovered from covid as opposed to 270 days for those who are vaccinated? This latest CDC study (admission finally) shows natural immunity is many times more protective than two doses of vaccine.  55.3 fold reduction from Natural immunity is a significantly larger than then vax immunity at 19.8 fold reduction from hospitalisation.

image.thumb.png.635dbf5bc31ae7df897a41bab9330e01.png

I read antibodies will slow down and or prevent infection, giving more time for t-cell to be activated to fight the virus. 

To me, the unvax, previous is a subset of the baseline (unvax, no previous) which faces 55-60x higher risk, so not being vaccinated just doesn't make much sense to me. 

The conclusion is after vaccination, getting infected is better than taking a booster. 😂😂😂

Don't think anyone of us wants to get boosted repeatedly, hopefully the natural immunity will keep us protected thereafter.

• Praise 4

15 hours ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2022/01/23/quadruple-vaxed-israel-breaks-world-record-in-coronavirus-cases/

Quadruple-Vaxed Israel Breaks World Record in Coronavirus Cases

In yet another pandemic-related first, Israel is now the number one country in the world for new coronavirus infections per capita, with a daily rate of 0.6  percent of the population testing positive.

Israel has seen lead the world in many pandemic-related aspects. It was the first country to close its borders when the outbreak began in March 2020. A year later, it became the first country to aggressively inoculate its population with the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

It became the first country to introduce a booster shot as well as the first to introduce a fourth job of the vaccine to over 60s and at-risk populations. It’s now expected to be the first country to begin administering booster shots to children over the age of five.

Israel also adopted the world’s most aggressive approach to stop Omicron. Despite this, numbers have soared so high that the Health Ministry’s dashboard crashed, with the ministry stopping the count altogether.

vaccinated-teen.jpg

This shows that a 5th shot might be necessary :grin:

Already said....how can anyone expect a different results when they keep doing the same thing?

It is just plain insanity.

↡ Advertisement