Let's talk about Vaccine Booster Shots

therock

4 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Innovations don't have adverse health issues. People are free to choose. While medication does need trials it should never be commercialized at the expense of human. 

Whilst I agree with the altruistic concept, yet, money is required and so are profits. It's ugly, but required. The general public may not fathom this nor will we all agree, but money is needed for R&D. I can tell you that no money, no need drugs / innovation. 

Can you tell the scientists slaving in the labs to work for free? Or will we turn up for work because it's the right thing to do and do it for free? 

Just like some folks are indignant that drs / lawyers earn more and feel the amount is a lot, but working for free or very little money isn't fair since we won't do that either. 
But a caveat, there was one greedy guy in USA who bought some drug patent and jacked up the prices a lot, and I think he went to jail. That was well deserved and totally different. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

10 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I can understand why many people don’t trust western pharmaceutical companies (the opioid crisis comes to mind) but it is the same profit motive that drives innovation and development of new drugs that have helped millions.There is always 2 sides to the coin.

They just need to be tightly regulated.  

The problem is those very people often will quote or misquote all kinds of even irrelevant stuff..

Then suggest some thing they heard from someone... or some secret traditional miracle medicine they can't even tell the active ingredient of... 🤨

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Pfizer 5 to 11 yrs old are being tested at 1/3 dosage on children. They are subject to FDA and CDC approval with data. I just wonder how China can just go jabbing 3 year old, with what? Adult dosage? Got testing?  Brazil reject and ask for data.

Really makes you scratch your head, that they are desperate enough to do what they did.

There was a trial conducted in China.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/clinical-trial-shows-coronavac-covid-19-vaccine-produced-by-sinovac-safe-for-children
The trial was published on Lancet

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00319-4/fulltext

It focus on SAFETY not efficacy 

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Playtime said:

The problem is those very people often will quote or misquote all kinds of even irrelevant stuff..

Then suggest some thing they heard from someone... or some secret traditional miracle medicine they can't even tell the active ingredient of... 🤨

Haha.. many traditional medicine will fail the rigor of modern medicine, all those clinical studies and trials would have doomed them but it is people's choice to discount science and rely on what is familiar. 

10 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

till early this month my area was a red zone. My household alone contributed to 2 counts. Thank god now back to green.  Death rate of dengue is about 1%  with appropriate treatement, quite similar to Covid 19 but dengue infection rate is far lower , it is why getting lesser attention.  

But like i said dengue cannot avoid, cause you dont know which mozzie is infected with the dengue virus and cannot stop mozzie from bitting you, even though you might already taken all the precaution. Covid is easier to avoid, like dont go to crowded places, dont stay close to people, wear mask, wash hands etc.

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Bro, I sympathise with his condition.

Without certification from a doctor about his adverse effect, he ends up as broken record within MCF.

Being fair.  No one has an answer for a vaccine that's developed within 1 year.

It is either 3 dose of Sinovac + booster every 6 months or 2 dose of mRNA + booster every 6 months.

Can you imagine your heart suddenly thumping in your chest like you saw your gf naked for the 1st time and that happens randomly throughout the hour daily.

From doing long distance running to now only walking and doctors telling you there's nothing they can do about it.

How am I suppose to feel when ivory tower tells me go get my booster, it's good for me :XD:

Until they get heart arrhythmia, they don't know how that feels every second of their life.

• Praise 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Can you imagine your heart suddenly thumping in your chest like you saw your gf naked for the 1st time and that happens randomly throughout the hour daily.

From doing long distance running to now only walking and doctors telling you there's nothing they can do about it.

How am I suppose to feel when ivory tower tells me go get my booster, it's good for me :XD:

Until they get heart arrhythmia, they don't know how that feels every second of their life.

Many people are like that bro until they themselves get it simply because talk is free and they usually end it with ‘the benefits outweigh the risks’.

I feel for you, I don’t even want to take but do we even have a choice? 🙄

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 5

16 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

The week after I recovered from Dengue (without hospitalisation),  i ran JP Morgan (5.6km) with a finishing time of about 35mins.

I know that there is a significant difference in my experience versus yours.

If I am in your position, I will be carrying on normally until I recovered or drop dead.

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The week after I recovered from Dengue (without hospitalisation),  i ran JP Morgan (5.6km) with a finishing time of about 35mins.

I know that there is a significant difference in my experience versus yours.

If I am in your position, I will be carrying on normally until I recovered or drop dead.

Doctor and wife don't allow me to run :XD:

3 minutes ago, happy_man said:

This nicely explains why I was (and still is) in a "dilemma" when the mention of "Chennai Biz Park"is considered as "adverse" to you, given the fact CCP mall is located there. 😝

Don't twist the scenario. The adverse word came after your dilemma. You know what the meaning of dilemma or not? You had a dilemma  when you mentioned cbd and ccp in same paragraph. I said are you adverse to place after that.

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Lala said likely need to do 2 test to get both numbers.

Err why bother with all these. 
Just take the vaccines.

If u have a weaker non-MRNA based vaccine as your primary series, then bother about this lah.

I dunno any doctor who bothers with all these. We just take the boosters lol.

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 3

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Yup. they already been vaccinated many PRC children for months already. No vaccine no school. Parents no vaccine also no school.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yup. they already been vaccinated many PRC children for months already. No vaccine no school. Parents no vaccine also no school.

Only PRC can do this.

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Only PRC can do this.

hmm they must have evidence to say it's safe. Anyway it's just another vaccine lah.

Singaporeans don't know. But PRC children take other vaccines that are not commonly used in Singapore.
They vaccinate against Japanese Encephalitis, Meningococcal almost as a routine as kids (this maybe province related depending on the risk profile).

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2