Let's talk about Vaccine Booster Shots

therock

11 minutes ago, Starry said:

My question is simple. If after the 3rd shot, do we need the 4th, 5th?

Are  these vaccines turning into some sort of drug that the more we take, the more we have to take? What are the long term effects?

All I know is that it is never good to let the body to be dependent on any sort of drugs or substance.

There is no solution to the current covid and seems like the only so called solution is to keep taking covid vaccine. 3rd shot, 4th shot and continue until the covid no more?

↡ Advertisement

5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

If flu vaccine is required every year in temperate countries, COVID19 vaccine is no different from that.

The ONLY problem is WE DON'T TAKE FLU VACCINE YEARLY.

Bro, one has decades of understanding in regard to the virus and its vaccine, the other one is less than 2 years old.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/if-singapore-treats-covid-19-as-endemic-can-we-view-it-like-the-common-flu

"The Straits Times speaks to Professor Leo Yee Sin, executive director of the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID), to find out the answers to this and other questions.

Q: If we treat Covid-19 as endemic, can it be thought of in the same way as the common flu?

A: No, it cannot. The knowledge of influenza - for instance, that flu viruses constantly change, so yearly vaccinations are recommended - has been built up over decades of scientific research.

In contrast, Covid-19 is still a relative newcomer."

I really hope people should stop comparing flu and covid for their own benefit.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

There is no solution to the current covid and seems like the only so called solution is to keep taking covid vaccine. 3rd shot, 4th shot and continue until the covid no more?

Currently, there is no effective medication to treat COVID19.

We could stop taking vaccines when there is an effective medication.

Vaccine reduces the seriousness of COVID19.

COVID19 caused permanent scarring of lung (which will reduce lung capacity).

It is personal decision to gamble.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Starry said:

Bro, one has decades of understanding in regard to the virus and its vaccine, the other one is less than 2 years old.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/if-singapore-treats-covid-19-as-endemic-can-we-view-it-like-the-common-flu

"The Straits Times speaks to Professor Leo Yee Sin, executive director of the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID), to find out the answers to this and other questions.

Q: If we treat Covid-19 as endemic, can it be thought of in the same way as the common flu?

A: No, it cannot. The knowledge of influenza - for instance, that flu viruses constantly change, so yearly vaccinations are recommended - has been built up over decades of scientific research.

In contrast, Covid-19 is still a relative newcomer."

I really hope people should stop comparing flu and covid for their own benefit.

I agree with your facts.

On the other hand, I strongly disagree with your comparison of flu vaccine and COVID19 vaccine.

In countries like Taiwan, yearly innoculation of flu reduces death resulted from flu.

On the other hand, AMDK countries like USA, has a lot of death from flu annually.

I took Flu vaccine in March 2021.

Edited by inlinesix

12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I agree with your facts.

On the other hand, I strongly disagree with your comparison of flu vaccine and COVID19 vaccine.

Comparison? Did I even compare the vaccines? I only state what was said by the Professor in the article.

I just have a very simple mind.........that drugs or substance, cannot be good for the body if we keep taking it for the long run regardless it is vaccine or panadols.

Edited by Starry
  • Haha! 2

22 minutes ago, Ender said:

Regarding this 'natural' third shot. Will the vax develop natural immunity if they recover? I am thinking, coz since the antibodies from the mRNA are fighting and 'won' the battle, will our body be developing natural immunity?.

I can't find any studies on this. I.e. Vaxxed -> breakthrough infection-> any hybrid immunity? But there are studies for those unvax who recovered, develop natural immunity and then go for booster shots will have this powerful hybrid immunity.

Yes, I have the same thought. If first 2 doses can prep the body, then technically an infection should be mild yet boost the body's defense further (assuming the body won, which is 99.996% statistically speaking).  But I am not expecting the data from the 2 P&M as they are pushing for the 3rd shot.

If my understanding is correct, it might even make sense to mix and match third dose.

2 minutes ago, Starry said:

Comparison? Did I even compare? I only state what was said by the Professor in the article.

I just have a very simple mind.........that drugs or substance, cannot be good for the body if we keep taking it for the long run regardless it is vaccine or panadols.

I have an even simpler mind.  I only believe in Natural Anti-body.

For flu or COVID19, there is no effective way to prevent serious onset other than Vaccine.

This is especially so when I had lived in Temperate country.

8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I agree with your facts.

In countries like Taiwan, yearly innoculation of flu reduces death resulted from flu.

On the other hand, AMDK countries like USA, has a lot of death from flu annually.

I took Flu vaccine in March 2021.

I think it is proven that flu vaccine can be used annually without much side effects. Do we need to debate that? It is backed by 70 years of data.

• Praise 1

59 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

TL;DR (in case you dunno. It means Too Long; Didnt Read)

Overload on information. LoL...

Ideally we should do a blood test to test for antibodies before deciding on what to do next. Now of course dont have the time and manpower to do that. So luan luan lai. Jit tao all to get booster shots.

The vaccines that we took as a child dont need what booster shots. I thought vaccines are taken one time that will last us a lifetime?

Is this a push for pharma companies to make more money? Or are we simply just kiasu & kiasee?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/some-vaccines-need-to-be-repeated-others-should-be-initiated-during-adulthood/2014/08/04/bbf269cc-8a92-11e3-833c-33098f9e5267_story.html

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I think it is proven that flu vaccine can be used annually without much side effects. Do we need to debate that? It is backed by 70 years of data.

Do we have to wait 70 years before taking COVID19 vaccine (especially mRNA vaccine)?😂

Currently, these are the 2 vaccines I took.

I don't fall sick.

• Haha! 1

SMS details will be like this:

Dear Superman, you are invited to get the COVID-19 vaccine booster dose for an increased level of immunity and a higher level of protection from severe disease. Book your booster appointment here: https://vaccine.gov.sg/?code=123456 Please do not share this link with others as it is unique to you. If you have any questions, please call the MOH hotline 1800-333-9999.

Then they will lead you to a selection page, it's done at different CCs around SG.. you choose the nearest, then time and date.

12 minutes ago, happy_man said:

Yes - SG Gov confirm they are studying 3rd shot using non-mRNA

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-vaccine-non-mrna-booster-2175786

No matter they bring in or not.

Next year me and my family wont be taking any more mrna. 

If gov dun provide. We source ourselves.  Now more and more types  are available

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1