Let's talk about Vaccine Booster Shots

therock

4 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Don’t take if not mandatory.

That's the sad thing. Many shots were made mandatory. At one point we were coerced into going for the jabs by being threatened with loss of jobs.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Sad 1

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-vaccination-death-28-year-old-man-dies-medical-misadventure-3286841

Death of 28-year-old man after COVID-19 vaccination ruled 'medical misadventure' by State Coroner: MOH

A one-time financial assistance of S$225,000 will be extended to his family under the Vaccine Injury Financial Assistance Programme provided by MOH.

SINGAPORE: The death of a 28-year-old man 21 days after his COVID-19 vaccination has been ruled a medical misadventure, said the Ministry of Health (MOH) on Friday (Feb 17).

It is the first death related to COVID-19 vaccination locally, MOH said in a press release.

The Bangladeshi national received his first dose of the Moderna/Spikevax COVID-19 vaccine on Jun 18, 2021, and died on Jul 9 after collapsing at his workplace earlier that day.

The State Coroner on Wednesday certified the man's cause of death as myocarditis, said MOH. 

The Health Ministry added that the State Coroner also found that "on the balance of probabilities, it was likely to be related to COVID-19 vaccination". 

Under the Vaccine Injury Financial Assistance Programme provided by MOH, a one-time financial assistance of S$225,000 will be extended to his family. 

MOH said it is working with the Ministry of Manpower to extend assistance to his family and facilitate their application.

"To date, more than 17 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Singapore through the National Vaccination Programme," said the ministry.

According to the latest vaccine safety update by the Health Sciences Authority (HSA), MOH said the incidence of myocarditis remains rare with reporting rates of 0.1 per 100,000 doses (or 0.0001 per cent) for the bivalent vaccines; and 1.1 per 100,000 doses (or 0.0011 per cent) for the primary vaccination series of the monovalent vaccines.

As a precautionary measure, since September 2021, vaccinated people are advised to avoid strenuous physical activity or exercise for two weeks after vaccination to mitigate the potential risk of myocarditis. 

"People with chest discomfort, abnormal heartbeats or any other symptoms that arise after vaccination, should seek medical attention promptly," said MOH.

"This will enable early diagnosis and appropriate medical management of any rare severe adverse events that may occur after vaccination."

MOH, the Expert Committee on COVID-19 Vaccination and HSA will continue to monitor vaccine-related serious adverse events closely, said the ministry. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Guess I belong to the other grp who feels less resistance to taking vaccines after those forced covid jabs.

Just want to take the flu jab.

Covid bivalent nia, flu is quadrivalent wor, sound so satki 

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Etnt said:

Guess I belong to the other grp who feels less resistance to taking vaccines after those forced covid jabs.

Just want to take the flu jab.

Covid bivalent nia, flu is quadrivalent wor, sound so satki 

The difference is mRNA I guess.

• Haha! 1

I am not an expert but I am not sure myocarditis and pericarditis is caused by mRNA.

M and P both use mRNA and the spike protein

Myocarditis After COVID-19 Vaccination: Is Spike Protein the Culprit?

https://www.jwatch.org/na55722/2023/01/23/myocarditis-after-covid-19-vaccination-spike-protein

Adolescents and young adults who developed myocarditis after SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccination demonstrated persistent full-length spike protein antigenemia.

Approximately 1–2 cases per 100,000 recipients (more often males) of SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccine develop myocarditis or pericarditis, but the specific cause of this complication remains unknown. In a study of 61 adolescents and young adults who received SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccination, Yonker et al. assessed SARS-CoV-2 antibodies and T-cell responses, autoantibodies, cytokines, and SARS-CoV-2 antigen profiles. Participants included 16 patients with myocarditis after vaccination (81% male) and 45 healthy, asymptomatic, age-matched, vaccinated controls (40% male). Blood samples were collected a median 4 days after vaccination (range, 1–19 days) for cases and 14 days (range, 4–21 days) for controls.

Antibody and T-cell responses were indistinguishable between cases and controls. Myocarditis cases had significantly higher levels of IL-8, IL-6, TNF-alpha, IL-10, IFN-gamma, IL1-beta, and IL-4. Whereas no circulating spike protein was identified in the plasma of the control patients, full-length free spike protein was detected in myocarditis cases (mean, 33.9 pg/mL, p<0.0001). No evidence of autoantibody production, concomitant viral infections, or excessive antibody production was seen in myocarditis cases compared to controls

Edited by Jamesc

If I had to take my first does of Covid vaccine

I will be checking which vaccine has the lowest cases of Myocarditis

and obviously take that one.

:D

Now I am checking which vaccine as the highest case of Myocarditis

and take my MIL for that one!

3 hours ago, Sosaria said:

You are lucky can avoid the 3rd jab. I remember it was necessary to maintain fully vaccinated status back then. How'd you do it? Just delay?

My youngest is not vaccinated, but older school-going kids have to be vacc right?

Supposedly to go due for third jab somewhere in July. "Fortunately?"...whole family were down with COVID in April. Subsequently Otter app extented the 3rd Jab dateline both me and wife to Oct.

In Oct/Nov announcement of the lifting of COVID control measures. 😁

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Probably not, he’s a Bangladeshi. Maybe after jab then boss ask him do work.

Strenuous. This is a grey area. The boss interpretation might be different from the general workers.  

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Don’t take if not mandatory.

Yes, dont take if not mandatory. But many people still go take even for non elderly people. 

51 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Yes, dont take if not mandatory. But many people still go take even for non elderly people. 

Me la. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Don’t know what got into me. Must be OYK practicing kungfu. 😒

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Supposedly to go due for third jab somewhere in July. "Fortunately?"...whole family were down with COVID in April. Subsequently Otter app extented the 3rd Jab dateline both me and wife to Oct.

In Oct/Nov announcement of the lifting of COVID control measures. 😁

So consider heng or not heng?! 😅

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So consider heng or not heng?! 😅

Our first dose was when whole spore achieved over 80% vaccination status.

Second doze were on the last week prior to expiring dateline.  

the 28 yr old bangladeshi who died might be a case of "strenous exercise" or some combo of pre-existing illness,.. just thinking.

his boss surely is not going to let his workers "rest" for one month doing nothing after vaccination.

12 hours ago, Sosaria said:

You are lucky can avoid the 3rd jab. I remember it was necessary to maintain fully vaccinated status back then. How'd you do it? Just delay?

My youngest is not vaccinated, but older school-going kids have to be vacc right?

Yeah, no 3rd jab no job during that time.

So SG does have vaccine death since 2021, just that we only know in 2023

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9522sd8odbyji7a3ugwtjq

I'm not surprised there are many more with vaccine injuries that wasn't reported.

15 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Now then admit. Almost 2 years later. After a lot of people and kids went ahead for non compulsory jabs. Luckily I held back from taking the 4th jab. 

Then for those who seemingly don't have any reaction to the jabs should there be study conducted to see how many sustained some hidden heart damage?

Most of the folks here know I developed heart arrhythmia and now I can no longer run long distances which I've done since primary school days (loads of medals to prove my fitness level). 

Cardiologists told me it's nothing to do with vaccination and it's just a coincidence arrhythmia happened. I'm still paying medical expenses through my own pocket probably like many others.

I feel so vindicated now.

5omEVK.gif

• Praise 2
  • Sad 4

Had my 4th booster shot and got my first covid 2mths thereafter 😂 

2 days of 39°C+ fever and recovered well after a week. Overall felt like a bad flu but fortunately nothing more. 

I think the vacc shots doesn't make one totally immune to covid but merely makes the symptoms milder. It prevents the virus from invading into the lungs and turning into ICU cases like we saw a lot during the pre-vacc days.

• Praise 1