Let's talk about Vaccine Booster Shots

therock

On 12/2/2023 at 6:59 PM, Jman888 said:

I was suppose to take the booster on Wednesday, but I tested positive on that day, now I have the latest antibody better than the booster :D

got it from my wife who got it on monday but I continue to sleep beside her, cos the wedding vow told me to 不离不弃!-_-

anyway 80% of her office test positive last week [laugh]

so as when I was worrying for my mom at home and wish to send her to a relative's place.... yes that house also full of positive people <_<

Must be another new wave for covid. My office also has a few colleagues got covid recently. Some of them have no symptoms and yet tested positive. 

↡ Advertisement

On 12/2/2023 at 11:04 PM, 13177 said:

Now still have Novavax? But taking Novavax would it be too outdated liao since mRNA got new vaccine version?

Damn the mRNA booster shot. Made me have heart palpitations from time to time.

From MOH:

2.     Novavax is in the process of filing for regulatory approval for its updated COVID-19 XBB.1.5 vaccine formulation. Further updates will be provided when Novavax has successfully filed for regulatory approval.

But as usual, they are slow. By the time it’s approved, Covid cases become low again. 😵

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

On 12/2/2023 at 11:24 PM, Fcw75 said:

Damn the mRNA booster shot. Made me have heart palpitations from time to time.

From MOH:

2.     Novavax is in the process of filing for regulatory approval for its updated COVID-19 XBB.1.5 vaccine formulation. Further updates will be provided when Novavax has successfully filed for regulatory approval.

But as usual, they are slow. By the time it’s approved, Covid cases become low again. 😵

Novavax slow ok la, since no mandatory of covid jab now. MOH also urge people to take once a year for covid jab. Should be still able to wait for the updated version of Novavax, since already in the process for approval.

So you also kana the heart palpitations after taking mRNA siah! Like that better go for non mRNA. Meanwhile just continue to wear mask and careful when outside.

• Praise 1

Very confusing in their website. While they keep encouraging people to have minimal protection, they only emphasis for the group for 60 years old and above to take booster every year…

so if i am under 60 and have minimal protection, not encourage to take every year? 

On 12/3/2023 at 12:50 AM, Se3h3ng said:

Very confusing in their website. While they keep encouraging people to have minimal protection, they only emphasis for the group for 60 years old and above to take booster every year…

so if i am under 60 and have minimal protection, not encourage to take every year? 

I guess by right everyone should take the covid vaccine at least once a year. But they will strongly encourage the vulnerable group to go take the vaccine first.

• Haha! 1

On 12/3/2023 at 9:57 AM, 13177 said:

I guess by right everyone should take the covid vaccine at least once a year. But they will strongly encourage the vulnerable group to go take the vaccine first.

Macam renew yearly road tax liddat...to allow you to keep your feet on the ground...and not whole body under the ground...😅

• Haha! 1

On 12/2/2023 at 8:36 PM, Fcw75 said:

Like those flu vaccine I guess. I do get that every year.

This virus is like 10x more contagious than flu. I think we are blanketed with it everywhere we go, unless one lives like a hermit.

Anyway, in early Covid years, bobian have to take risk on mRNA jabs as it is the only real game in town, now I am not sure there is added protection but then, I am just 25 years old and have never tested positive. 😂

But everyone's risk and reward matrix is different, so got to judge for oneself.

Novavax is a good choice. My 4th jab was Novavax, didn't feel a thing.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 12/3/2023 at 11:51 AM, Voodooman said:

This virus is like 10x more contagious than flu. I think we are blanketed with it everywhere we go, unless one lives like a hermit.

Anyway, in early Covid years, bobian have to take risk on mRNA jabs as it is the only real game in town, now I am not sure there is added protection but then, I am just 25 years old and have never tested positive. 😂

But everyone's risk and reward matrix is different, so got to judge for oneself.

Bro..just a side note.....

I didn't know you are just 25.  It is amazing that at 25, you are already well versed in bonds and investments.  Not many people I know could understand or talk about bonds at 25.

Great job.....👍

Edited by Starry
  • Haha! 4

On 12/3/2023 at 11:51 AM, Voodooman said:

Even lives like a hermit can also tio covid if you are unlucky. Like you said, this covid virus is very contagious, many times you also don't know how and where you kena covid. That's why they keep asking people to go jab covid vaccine at least once a year to protect yourself from serious complication if you tio covid.

• Praise 1

i took 2 x P + 1 x M .... then few months later kena Covid

recently also sick ... self medicate with panadol + flu meds ... recover in 2-3 days

probably Covid related or simi sai Flu season in north hemisphere as usual in year end with people travel and bring back goodies

i am not thinking to take any booster shot ... better for the body to adapt and build immunity

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

On 12/3/2023 at 12:09 PM, Starry said:

I didn't know you are just 25.  It is amazing that at 25, you are already well versed in bonds and investments.  Not many people I know could understand or talk about bonds at 25.

Great job.....👍

Nowadays you would be surprised that many youngsters are quite good in investments thingy lo.

On 12/3/2023 at 12:14 PM, 13177 said:

Nowadays you would be surprised that many youngsters are quite good in investments thingy lo.

just look at tiktok and youtube ... probably 25-28 giving "not financial advice"

but sounds like Guru betting million dollar investments hor ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

On 12/3/2023 at 12:12 PM, Wt_know said:

i took 2 x P + 1 x M

few months later kena Covid

recently also sick ... self medicate with panadol + flu meds

probably Covid related ...

i am not thinking to take any booster shot ... better for the body to adapt and build immunity

They always say there is a risk when you tio covid, so better have protection in getting the covid vaccine. So really up to individual how they see it la. I believe until today, there are still some people, whether old or young still never take any covid vaccine at all and still alive.

If recently sick, it should be due to the year end rainy weather, many people fall sick and unwell this period. But many are not tested covid positive. I also feel like not very well recently due to raining weather and freezing cold aircon in the office, but i just tested ART, negative lo. 😅

On 12/3/2023 at 12:12 PM, Wt_know said:

i took 2 x P + 1 x M .... then few months later kena Covid

recently also sick ... self medicate with panadol + flu meds ... recover in 2-3 days

probably Covid related or simi sai Flu season in north hemisphere as usual in year end with people travel and bring back goodies

I am taking the same approach as well unless the virus mutates to a more deadly version.  

On 12/3/2023 at 12:50 AM, Se3h3ng said:

Why you care what they say?

You want you take lah.

You don't want don't take lah.

But take or don't take you decide

why blame them for taking or not taking?

On 12/3/2023 at 12:09 PM, Starry said:

Great job.....👍

I am 25 at heart bro. But it is true i hv never tested positive although I have almost Covid symptoms a few times. Haha

Edited by Voodooman
  • Haha! 5

On 12/3/2023 at 12:16 PM, Wt_know said:

just look at tiktok and youtube ... probably 25-28 giving "not financial advice"

but sounds like Guru betting million dollar investments hor ... 

Seriously rich ones too busy spending money

to make tik tok videos TRYING to earn money!

:D

I got no time to make tik tok videos telling people

I make billions and billions selling used car.

I too busy with my second job massaging young ladies

to make ends meet!

:D

I no time to make BS videos.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement