Let's talk about Vaccine Booster Shots

therock

5 minutes ago, Beregond said:

No matter they bring in or not.

Next year me and my family wont be taking any more mrna. 

If gov dun provide. We source ourselves.  Now more and more types  are available

I believe private clinic might bring in others source of non mRna vaccine. Like read news that some private clinic is bringing in new batches of Sinovac vaccine for public to jab. Even though gahment is no longer offering Sinovac to private clinic.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, happy_man said:

That will depend on its availability and timing of its approval just like the rest of non-mRNA vaccines had gone thru with WHO and HSA.

Novavax Delay Their Submissions To FDA for EUA.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/novavax-trial-participants-left-battling-a-tough-decision/19878523/

Until today Novavax still delay in their submissions?! :o Looks like if people insisted on non mRNA vaccine, can only take china vaccine liao?!

Just now, happy_man said:

Huh? What happened ?

no la, just dun feel well after taking mrna vaccine. but the situation in sg is not good. and non mrna vaccine snap up super fast. ppl are even selling non mrna booking slot ( but kenna caught ) so no choice, take pizer tahan 1/2 year first. 

next year i think more and better vaccine will more easily available. like i book sinoham for my parents only pay a small fee. totally fine with it. 

12 minutes ago, happy_man said:

That will depend on its availability and timing of its approval just like the rest of non-mRNA vaccines had gone thru with WHO and HSA.

Novavax Delay Their Submissions To FDA for EUA.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/novavax-trial-participants-left-battling-a-tough-decision/19878523/

Actually I prefer they take their time to ensure it is a good vaccine. 

Fast and good seldom happens together.

17 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I believe private clinic might bring in others source of non mRna vaccine. Like read news that some private clinic is bringing in new batches of Sinovac vaccine for public to jab. Even though gahment is no longer offering Sinovac to private clinic.

Those vaccine are imported by Govt.

Currently, Pharma only sells to Govt.

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

There is no solution to the current covid and seems like the only so called solution is to keep taking covid vaccine. 3rd shot, 4th shot and continue until the covid no more?

Anyone know if  the 3rd shot has any difference in "formula" compare to the 1st two? Does it has high efficacy against delta?

1 minute ago, Starry said:

Anyone know if  the 3rd shot has any difference in "formula" compare to the 1st two? Does it has high efficacy against delta?

No difference.

No Delta specific Vaccine yet

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

42 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

No difference.

No Delta specific Vaccine yet

Alamak, but the efficacy of the current formula is already dropping against delta, so wonder how long can the 3rd jab tahan?

I remember Mr.. Einstein say Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Edited by Starry

1 minute ago, Starry said:

Alamak, but the efficacy of the current formula is already dropping against delta, so  like that 3rd jab can tahan how long?

I remember Mr.. Einstein say Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Well, it depends on how healthy the individual is.

That’s why it started from those above 60 yrs old.

• Praise 1

I will happily take a third booster shot

and I would prefer it if its mRNA.

Especially Moderna.

:D

I believe in the mRNA technology.

Its very simple. The hardest vaccine to make is a vaccine against malaria.

To make a vaccine for Covid is far simpler so I trust mRNA technology against Covid.

I used fully synthetic engine oil when I drive a bread and butter car which can easily use mineral oil.

Since synthetic engine oil is designed for jet engines with its heat and pressure,

using it in my car engine is easy peasy.

• Praise 1

COVID is so new, no one knows what's going to happen next.

Now, 3rd shot may seem obvious, however CDC and FDA does not think it's necessary for now. That may change.

Pfizer and Moderna is pushing for it. Some may say it's for their profit.

But as always, look at the data, which is changing by the day/weeks/months.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

no la, just dun feel well after taking mrna vaccine. but the situation in sg is not good. and non mrna vaccine snap up super fast. ppl are even selling non mrna booking slot ( but kenna caught ) so no choice, take pizer tahan 1/2 year first. 

next year i think more and better vaccine will more easily available. like i book sinoham for my parents only pay a small fee. totally fine with it. 

You dont feel well  due to side effects for the first few days? Or dont feel well even until today? 

Uncertain benefit in younger adults. Let the seniors do them. 

I will do it if it's mandatory. Not in a rush to do so. 

There's internal dispute between fda regarding the evidence. 

• Praise 3

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You dont feel well  due to side effects for the first few days? Or dont feel well even until today? 

2nd shot dun feel well for almost 2 week.

now almost 1.5 mth pass. i only got abit of weird feeling from my chest.( very occasionally only) i dun know how to describle) anw i dun see any perm damage on me. and i think its gonna go away in a few more weeks or months. i already restart my jogging.

but if there is a safer or better vaccine around. why i want risk another pizer??  tio bo??

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Beregond said:

2nd shot dun feel well for almost 2 week.

now almost 1.5 mth pass. i only got abit of weird feeling from my chest.( very occasionally only) i dun know how to describle) anw i dun see any perm damage on me. and i think its gonna go away in a few more weeks or months. i already restart my jogging.

but if there is a safer or better vaccine around. why i want risk another pizer??  tio bo??

How come seems like if dont feel well after taking Pfizer, usually it is after the 2nd dose?

Antibodies measurement is only 1 tool. Human body still have memory B and T cells. I think they are like Reserve units [:p] , still can produce antibodies when needed when the active soldiers dies off. But perhaps human body doesn't want to keep too much antibodies around, when they are not needed. If I remember correctly, too much white blood cells is also bad.

Does Covid immunity wane and will vaccine booster jabs be needed?

However, the World Health Organization (WHO) has said it is not clear if studies showing waning antibodies mean a decline in vaccine effectiveness. What’s more, antibodies are only one component of the immune system, and experts say their decline is to be expected. Memory B cells and T-cells, which hang around for longer, are also crucial – but harder to measure.

“It is the memory B cells and the T cells that can be recruited back into any response very quickly to combat future infections,” Dunn-Walters said, adding that at least one study looking at immunity after vaccination with the Pfizer/BioNTech jab found memory B cells still present after six months.

Scientists are still working to understand what level of these different components of the immunity system is necessary to offer protection against infection and severe disease.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4