Let's talk about Vaccine Booster Shots

therock

On 9/16/2021 at 12:03 PM, Voodooman said:

Yes, I have the same thought. If first 2 doses can prep the body, then technically an infection should be mild yet boost the body's defense further (assuming the body won, which is 99.996% statistically speaking).  But I am not expecting the data from the 2 P&M as they are pushing for the 3rd shot.

If my understanding is correct, it might even make sense to mix and match third dose.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/getting-a-mild-infection-after-covid-19-vaccination-gives-best-protection-against

"We would be a lot more resilient if we have a vaccination and an asymptomatic infection," he said during The Straits Times panel discussion on Living with Covid-19: When and How?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Ender said:

That sounds like the "superhuman" or "hybrid" immunity in reverse, Get natural immunity and vaccinated immunity - both in whichever order.

https://news.yahoo.com/evidence-superhuman-immunity-covid-19-092149813.html

It's being dubbed 'superhuman immunity'.

New research shows some people may have a significantly higher level of immunity to COVID-19 that could even protect them from future pandemics.

Scientists studied individuals who have recovered from the virus and then later received a mRNA vaccine, such as Pfizer or Moderna.

What they found was that protection against the disease and its variants was higher than immunity conferred by either infection alone or vaccine alone.

Paul Bieniasz is a virologist at the Rockefeller University, he prefers the term hybrid, rather than superhuman immunity:

"So this is a phenomenon that we and others have uncovered in people who were infected by SARS-CoV-2 early in the pandemic, and then some months later when vaccines became available, they were vaccinated."

"..Their antibodies were not only capable of neutralizing all of the SARS-CoV-2 variants that we have seen thus far, they're also capable of neutralizing viruses that are very much more diverse, including the original SARS coronavirus, which is really quite different to the current ones, viruses that are currently circulating in bats and pangolins..."

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

I have never taken flu jab in my life although I travel quite often during the winter period. So, old man should take this booster? Booster can help with the new variant? My concern is going through the same side effects again.

Old man should take flu vaccine.  Flu can turn into Pneumonia.

If you are above 60 y/o, take it.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

To encourage people go jab I should have video my MIL getting vaccinated.

First one left arm. Second one right arm.

Booster backside then no one will say I post same video twice.

:D

I'm highly anticipating to watch your MIL booster shot on backside video! 

• Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Old man should take flu vaccine.  Flu can turn into Pneumonia.

If you are above 60 y/o, take it.

If you have little side effects for first 2 doses, it might make sense to take the same vaccine for the booster? Not that i have been offered but better the devil your body knows. 

Edited by Voodooman

3 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

If you have little side effects for first 2 doses, it might make sense to take the same vaccine for the booster? Not that i have been offered but better the devil you body knows. 

I follow Doc Lala.

My side effect is lost of appetite for 2 days.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

If you have little side effects for first 2 doses, it might make sense to take the same vaccine for the booster? Not that i have been offered but better the devil you body knows. 

Definitely will go for the same vaccine if little or not much side effects for the first 2 doses. If have many side effects even they are not serious also sian half to take the same vaccine again. Surely i would not want to take again if have too many side effects before. Lol.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

He needs to buy different color shirts lah.

Then people won't say old video.

Seekali is chiu Cheng guy reuse old video :XD:

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Don't worry about heart beating faster and chest tightening when getting vaccines.

When people hear vaccines it sounds so nice like medicine or vitamins but every vaccine has a danger.

The vaccine is made from the real actual virus but deactivated or a copy or blueprint of the real actual virus.

Firstly who deactivate the real live virus? He always on handphone play game or texting and anyhow do? How they make sure all the virus is dead?

So when they inject us with the vaccine its either deactivated virus or blueprint of the real virus there will be a reaction in our body like increase heart rate or blood pressure because your body has been attacked.

Its like our country is now at war with soldiers invading us and there is noise and confusion.

Our bodies are now creating a lot of antibodies our own soldiers to fight the invaders.

The fight is real although the enemy is fighting blanks but we are firing real live ammo.

Now this is like those emergency drill done by MRT to practice for a real train crash. People acting as if they bang their heads and people acting as if they broke their leg or arm.

They try to make it as realistic as possible and the first aiders will bandage people's heads and put people's broken legs in splints and the actors all pretend to be in pain and go ahh ahh ahh etc

So people getting the vaccine with faster heart beat and tightening chest should not worry because they got injected with "just" the vaccine already so cham.

If it was not the vaccine but the real virus it might not be a miss heart beat or just tightening of the chest it might be more serious.

Just the vaccine already do this, kenna the real virus the real virus do what?

Hence with vaccinations, our body is more prepared when the real thing comes.

Vaccinations are like (military) exercises, they may not be the real thing or cover every aspect, but at least the armed forces are more well-prepared to tackle.

• Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

This chart is so good!👍
I starred it for education purpose.✌️

My kids spent all night colouring it in.

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Jamesc said:

My kids spent all night colouring it in.

Well done, kids!👍  Uncle Dobie clapped hands for them. 👋👋👋

I printed your charts in A3 100gsm papers  (A3 is bigger than A4, paper-size wise), laminated them and pasted on my kids bedroom wall.

38 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I'm highly anticipating to watch your MIL booster shot on backside video! 

There is a lot of area for the nurse to aim for.

image.png.6283fdd289bb101acf6c7f03b998604c.png

• Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

There is a lot of area for the nurse to aim for.

image.png.6283fdd289bb101acf6c7f03b998604c.png

Isn't her face pinkish !??
How come now so black !??

Edited by DOBIEMKZ

3 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Isn't her face pinkish !??
How come now so black !??

She fell asleep sun bathing and burnt her face.

You only like pink pink ones?

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/who-should-get-booster-shots-next

Who should get Covid-19 booster shots next in Singapore?

Why boosters?

In Singapore, only two groups of people are being offered booster shots for now: those aged 60 and above, and the immunocompromised.

For those with weakened immune systems, the data is clear. As they tend to produce fewer antibodies than healthy people after vaccination, a third shot is recommended.

The same logic applies to the elderly, who are also believed to have a lower immune response to the vaccine - although the scientific evidence for this proposition is less strong, said Professor Ooi Eng Eong of Duke-NUS Medical School's Programme in Emerging Infectious Diseases.

He believes there is "no harm" in booster shots for this group, but cautioned against administering these jabs to younger adults, who tend to react more strongly.

"Already, the second dose gives quite a lot of side-effects," he said. "I'm not sure what a third dose is going to do."

The experts added that Singapore's eventual decision on whether to extend booster shots to most of the population will depend on what it hopes to achieve through vaccination.

If the goal is to keep people out of hospital, the standard two doses will sufficiently protect most people against severe disease, noted Associate Professor Hsu Li Yang, an infectious diseases expert at the National University of Singapore's Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health.

But if Singapore wants to prevent infection altogether, it will have to make sure most people have high levels of antibodies. Doing so, however, comes with its drawbacks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1