Beating the red light hack – Is this right or wrong?

thatJDMahboy

This hack below received mixed reactions from the public. Some said it was “smart” while some criticised him for reckless driving.

What do you think of this hack? Any other “special" tricks that you see before?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Obvious to such a driver it is not about right or wrong. It is about getting caught or not.

"Do anything but dont get caught."

Pity. He got caught.
Video already OTW to TP.
If not, TP undercover as MCF forummers would submit up the post.

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Pity. He got caught.
Video already OTW to TP.
If not, TP undercover as MCF forummers would submit up the post.

If I am not wrong the driver is from JB. From their driving/riding culture it is not about right or wrong. If polis is there they will behave, no polis it is a cowboy town, free for all. All other ppl in JB does the same so no worries of being reported or bao toh. So it didnt occur to this driver he is in Singapore. Now kns lo.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

If I am not wrong the driver is from JB. From their driving/riding culture it is not about right or wrong. If polis is there they will behave, no polis it is a cowboy town, free for all. All other ppl in JB does the same so no worries of being reported or bao toh. So it didnt occur to this driver he is in Singapore. Now kns lo.

Pulau Ubin got this driving culture too??🙄😁

• Shocked 1

This way of avoiding the red light is not new. I used to happen in less busy places, I ever saw a 44 seater bus doing it at the junction of Jalan Loyang Besar and Pasir Ris Drive 4!

Also seen before drivers try to skip a red light when there is a gas station beside the red light (e.g Toa Payoh Lor 2 Esso gas station) - they would drive in to the gas station and then exit the station immediately just to skip the pedestrian crossing traffic lights. 

Whenever I am crossing and I see such dick drivers pull such a stunt, I'd run to the exit point and obstruct their exit by walking across so slowly until the green light comes back on and all vehicles have passed... 

Then I let the dick driver proceed. Lol! 

• Haha! 5

In SG every driver must "go first"

So if the car in front do this

then the car behind can be first at the traffic lights!

:D

Why complain?

I wish other people do it more

then I can clear the lights faster!

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

If kana caught i would say,

"At first i wanted to go straight home, then my female friend say the boyfriend not at home, then i turn left, after turning left i heard her boyfriend shouting, so i turn right again to go home."

Your honor, in the process of my "offence" i beat no red light,

Your boyfriend, lucky i hear you shouting, if not i'll be beaten till red that night.

😆

• Haha! 3

I've seen a motorbike waiting in line for a right turn, controlled by arrow-head traffic lights. When the green arrow lit up, the line proceeded slowly, but the lane to the left (for traffic going straight only) was clear though the light was red for this direction. The biker got impatient, weaved over to the left and began his right turn from the straight-heading lane, paralleling the car on the dedicated right-turn lane. Lo and behold, the red light camera flashed.

Wonder if the biker would get saman and demerit points, because right-turning was permitted at that time, just that he was caught turning from the wrong lane.

• Praise 1

On 9/16/2021 at 11:47 AM, thatJDMahboy said:

This hack below received mixed reactions from the public. Some said it was “smart” while some criticised him for reckless driving.

What do you think of this hack? Any other “special" tricks that you see before?

I saw similar hacks performed by some drivers along Thomson Road (towards City direction) at the traffic light junction outside Velocity.
When the traffic light is red, some drivers will drive into the driveway just before the traffic light and emerge out at the exit after the traffic light, thereby bypassing the red traffic light. Brilliant! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1