65km on 60km road is it speeding?

Axela525

Motorcycle also going around same speed.. just curious, how they capture those motorcycle plate since it's mounted perpendicular to the road 

↡ Advertisement

10 hours ago, Axela525 said:

today at 5.30pm before Republic Poly towards SLE..can check see got flash??

speeding.png

A daily occurance in aye bridges after JE toward tuas and city. No worry with exceeding 5km above speed limit.

On a side note you could have posted your question without showing  the video of a "TP with handheld on the bridge.."  Hmm not sure now would TP change their stand as regards to your case of exceeding by 5km.

See out the next 2 to 3 weeks whether any incoming "love letter".

Your Garmin is showing 65km/h which should also be the speed detected by the TP handheld cam.  Your actual car speedo meter should be showing about 68-69km/h. Tolerance usually at least 8km/h onwards, no issue at such speed. 

11 hours ago, Atonchia said:

It's on the camera GPS speed. 

So should be close to actual speed..... 

Usually the buffer is about 10% for handheld, see if TP happy or not. 

Fixed location speed cam buffer is 15km/h on standard speedo. 

U tried before? fixed location one the most I tried is +8km etc.

80km/hr i go 86-88kmh no flash , 70km/h i go 80km/h ok.

its speeding, but they wont fine u for that la.

i kenna overhead cam at aye tuas there countless time liao. some time exceed by 15km/h they also pang chance.

• Praise 2

Hi if got flashed by guy on bridge and lose control of the car who will be responsible? 

was on PIE and lost a few seconds of control because of the unexpected flash when driving 90km/hr.

for the uninitiated who have not experienced before, the flash is directly like when you go for wedding photoshoot. After the flash your eyes will start to see black spots.

Thankfully nothing happen. 

Edited by Battledome64
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Dannnn said:

U tried before? fixed location one the most I tried is +8km etc.

80km/hr i go 86-88kmh no flash , 70km/h i go 80km/h ok.

Yup.

95km/h

85km/h

Unless your rim and tyre has change slightly larger than original, then stay below these speed. 

1 hour ago, Battledome64 said:

Hi if got flashed by guy on bridge and lose control of the car who will be responsible? 

was on PIE and lost a few seconds of control because of the unexpected flash when driving 90km/hr.

for the uninitiated who have not experienced before, the flash is directly like when you go for wedding photoshoot. After the flash your eyes will start to see black spots.

Thankfully nothing happen. 

Ya, those flash quite bright, esp at night. Your eyes can get “blind” for a sec. 😅

24 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

15km/h above and not 10? 

Not exceeding 15km/h on speedo. Tried in all static cameras in all tunnels and expressway. 

Tried those from orange/white temporary ones too but those 60km/hr limit I stick to not more than 10km/hr. 

Tested with full size and mid size SUV. 

However, I realised if change lane within the zone of detector... may have false trigger.

Got flashed twice while changing lane about 95km/hr

Once at KPE to SLE after PIE exit. 

Unless my car wasn't the trigger. Both times no letter.... 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 3

32 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Not exceeding 15km/h on speedo. Tried in all static cameras in all tunnels and expressway. 

Tried those from orange/white temporary ones too but those 60km/hr limit I stick to not more than 10km/hr. 

Tested with full size and mid size SUV. 

However, I realised if change lane within the zone of detector... may have false trigger.

Got flashed twice while changing lane about 95km/hr

Once at KPE to SLE after PIE exit. 

Unless my car wasn't the trigger. Both times no letter.... 

Wah, you got balls. I guai guai max 10  above limit.  Never kanna flashed before. Now that you shared your experience, it seems the buffer is more than 10. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Wah, you got balls. I guai guai max 10  above limit.  Never kamna flashed before. Now that you shared your experience, it seems the buffer is more than 10. 

Someone shared few year back on KPE, the 1st version and the multiple orange stripe versions. 

Multiple mainly for different lanes. 

But don't test overhead mobile or handheld ones. 

My 1st speeding ticket was 74km/hr on a 60km/hr road. 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 2

Generally going +10km/h is safe

Higher than than that will depend on luck liao...

Personal experience, (quite long time ago)

- exceeded by 21km/hr kenna demerit pt and fine while my colleague behind me exceed by 19km/hr received warning letter (overheadhead bridge at upper thomson road near pierce secondary)

- exceeded by 18km/hr ar lornie also warning letter

So try to drive within speed n no worries 😉

• Praise 1

its road hogging

I always add 30 to any road limits

example

if 60 = 90

if 90 = 120

the sky is the limit when you have 24 merit points in your hand.

Edited by Ho2786
  • Haha! 1

On 9/18/2021 at 9:13 PM, 13177 said:

If you drive 65km/h on a speed limit of 60km/h, i think should be fine la, no need worry so much.

61 km/h on speed limit of 60kn/h IS speeding. But as above, if you are not having EXCESSIVE speeding, most likely you will NOT be fined.

• Praise 3

Speed limits on most SG roads are set too low, especially on Expressways.  30 years ago, I feel fast going at 80km/h, these days it feel slow and I can definitely go a bit faster without losing too much stability and control. 

TP should focus more on speeding in neighborhood / built up areas, which probably have higher fatality rates (ie pedestrians, cyclists and even motorcyclists).

CC3962C6-12F5-48E5-987C-F13C6AFAF650.jpeg

Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2