Driving glasses

Gnahp

7 hours ago, Kb27 said:

I am the opposite. Dashboard can see clear, but outside blur a bit.

So it's difficult for me to read hdb block numbers as example, but ok to use Waze on my phone.

I had a progressive spec, but it didn't work well. See outside ok, but see phone blur, had to "refocus" my eyes, so it's strenuous. I dunno what's wrong with me.

Now I just drive without the spec, bcuz I can still make out the roads and sometimes hdb block numbers. But reading Waze for direction no problem.

Maybe you want to re-check your spec, the shop may have fixed the focal point at the wrongly? 

I am using progressive, i got use to the lens within the same day.

Do note that different brand of lens have slightly different  " area " for long and short distant viewing. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

We become less myopic as we get older. I can see ok with my progressive lenses but have to tilt head slightly upward to read license plate of car right in front as my glasses are more than 5 years old. Time to make new ones.

• Praise 1

This thread is a gathering for all the ah peks. Seems like only men use progressive lenses. I do not know any women using them.

• Haha! 5

16 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Maybe you want to re-check your spec, the shop may have fixed the focal point at the wrongly? 

I am using progressive, i got use to the lens within the same day.

Do note that different brand of lens have slightly different  " area " for long and short distant viewing. 

That's what the optician told me too. She recommended I use back the same brand of lenses so that it is easier to get used to. The focal point marking is really important. I remember a bro telling us his experiences a few months back when the shop assistant just use her finger to mark the focal point and he wasn't quite sure of her low tech method. But it turned out the shop assistant measured it swee swee. 😂 Can't remember which thread it was.

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

That's what the optician told me too. She recommended I use back the same brand of lenses so that it is easier to get used to. The focal point marking is really important. I remember a bro telling us his experiences a few months back when the shop assistant just use her finger to mark the focal point and he wasn't quite sure of her low tech method. But it turned out the shop assistant measured it swee swee. 😂 Can't remember which thread it was.

With regards to " same brand of lens " , only if you are comfortable.

I was using Crizal lens, but switched to Zeiss Lens due to coating wear off easily for Crizal ( hope i get the spelling of both brands correct [laugh] )

I actually preferred Zeiss progressive field of view, no problem reading the paper, and driving.

Only when i am working ( looking into the lap top screen long duration ), than i use my reading glass. 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

There is only one solution. 

Get a car with floating tablet of at least 12.3". Everything big big. 

It's the car, not the old flower eyes. 

Agreed. The Beemer I once had made me suspect that beemer designers all had 2 meter long arms with superbionic eyes...those buttons and font on screen were like that far away and tiny😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

This thread is a gathering for all the ah peks. Seems like only men use progressive lenses. I do not know any women using them.

Got lah...just that unglam thing they wouldn't say one 😁

To bring a pair of old flower glasses is really inconvenient. 

Glasses with progressive lens is a god idea. But the price is also.... gulp. 

That's what stopping me from making one. 

4 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

To bring a pair of old flower glasses is really inconvenient. 

Glasses with progressive lens is a god idea. But the price is also.... gulp. 

That's what stopping me from making one. 

Go for a big frame to begin with...i learned it the hard way and needed to spend again...😂

R (2).jpg

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, RH1667 said:

With regards to " same brand of lens " , only if you are comfortable.

I was using Crizal lens, but switched to Zeiss Lens due to coating wear off easily for Crizal ( hope i get the spelling of both brands correct [laugh] )

I actually preferred Zeiss progressive field of view, no problem reading the paper, and driving.

Only when i am working ( looking into the lap top screen long duration ), than i use my reading glass. 

Confirmed Crizal coatings really cannot make it. My specs shop replaced 2 time FOC in the end gave me another brand.

Not worth the price (which is higher). 

• Praise 2

21 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

ok to get progressive from shops like Owndays? add $100 only. 

many many years ago, I went to Owndays to get a new pair of spec (for short sightedness). They couldn't give me a good prescription as all I saw was blur. Then he started blaming me I have cataract. I told him off if my specs then was not blur, why would it be blur if he had been able to correctly diagnose my degree. 

Lost confidence in them after that. Orchard 313 branch. Young chap. But I doubt he is still working there.

But I have to say their prices and those of Zoff are attractive.

Edited by Kxbc
  • Praise 1

If just lao hua without shortsighted or astigmatism...no need to waste $$ for progressive lens cos progressive lens really is 1cent money 1cent stock de. Cheaper one usually have narrower viewing angle that's what causes floating and dizziness not everyone can take it. Wider angle one are usually very expensive.

The best solution would be...:XD:

images.jpeg

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

many many years ago, I went to Owndays to get a new pair of spec (for short sightedness). They couldn't give me a good prescription as all I saw was blur. Then he started blaming me I have cataract. I told him off if my specs then was not blur, why would it be blur if he had been able to correctly diagnose my degree. 

Lost confidence in them after that. Orchard 313 branch. Young chap. But I doubt he is still working there.

like Mcd...everywhere...i don't like junk food 😁

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

I'm with them for many years, prefer their specs collection, even did mine in their Johor branch and can see all the prescriptions and purchases details online. So far find their spec quite lasting and suitable for me, only concern about their progressive quality. 

12 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

I'm with them for many years, prefer their specs collection, even did mine in their Johor branch and can see all the prescriptions and purchases details online. So far find their spec quite lasting and suitable for me, only concern about their progressive quality. 

Only plus point I find is their wider range of specs to choose from on top of their ever ongoing 2nd spec at 50% Off promo which suit young school goers who need to have a backup glasses as they are often not careful with them...😁

@Watwheels 

my reading glasses has straight presbyopia lenses

I have to remove it or pull down like a tikopek if I am looking beyond reading distance 

20210920_161246.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1