Recommended places for Car Wash

welik72

23 hours ago, Comage said:

Probably on a related note - would like to ask for everyone's opinion here when washing their cars at HDB car parks - assuming the hose doesn't reach all the washing bays, do you guys:

1. Spray the car with water hose, then move to another lot to begin soaping down and cleaning with your brushes, cloths whatever? 

Or do you guys:

2. Hog the bay accessible by the hose from spraying down, soaping, to wiping/drying off? 

Obviously I ask this from the angle that I have encountered quite a few dick drivers who follow #2, so it's easily a half-hour wait for me (or more!)... 

Or is it just my estate that's got such dick drivers? 

You referring to shared hose which some kind soul installed? Or those water jet system?

If it's shared hose, suck thumb cuz to begin with there was no hose and everyone would need to collect water to wash at their bays. Alternatively, you can be the next kind soul to install a longer and better hose.

If it's water jet system, go bang table with the vendor or town council for the stupid solution.

Btw, nobody will do #1 la...move to another lot then soap, you wait long long.

• Haha! 3

23 hours ago, Comage said:

Probably on a related note - would like to ask for everyone's opinion here when washing their cars at HDB car parks - assuming the hose doesn't reach all the washing bays, do you guys:

1. Spray the car with water hose, then move to another lot to begin soaping down and cleaning with your brushes, cloths whatever? 

Or do you guys:

2. Hog the bay accessible by the hose from spraying down, soaping, to wiping/drying off? 

Obviously I ask this from the angle that I have encountered quite a few dick drivers who follow #2, so it's easily a half-hour wait for me (or more!)... 

Or is it just my estate that's got such dick drivers? 

I used to wash my car on my own last time (long long ago using hose) and I follow your #2. I don't consider myself a dick drivers and all the drivers in my neighborhood does that. Somehow we already mutually know and will just park at the next lot to wait for our turn while chit chatting with each other. 

After upgrading to a tank w/battery and spray gun, or when I used the pail and wiping method, I always parked in the next lot when I am washing, leaving the lot next to the hose empty for my neighbors to wash their cars. 

Since 2021 when I change to a old car, I stopped washing my car on my own already. I go to car wash once every 2-3 months. Then, my neighborhood MSCP washing bay upgraded to the $1 for 3 mins spray gun machine, with vacuum as well. Damn.  

1 hour ago, Wormee said:

I used to wash my car on my own last time (long long ago using hose) and I follow your #2. I don't consider myself a dick drivers and all the drivers in my neighborhood does that. Somehow we already mutually know and will just park at the next lot to wait for our turn while chit chatting with each other. 

After upgrading to a tank w/battery and spray gun, or when I used the pail and wiping method, I always parked in the next lot when I am washing, leaving the lot next to the hose empty for my neighbors to wash their cars. 

Since 2021 when I change to a old car, I stopped washing my car on my own already. I go to car wash once every 2-3 months. Then, my neighborhood MSCP washing bay upgraded to the $1 for 3 mins spray gun machine, with vacuum as well. Damn.  

Thanks for relating your experience. 

In my estate, car owners easily hog the bays for an hour easily when washing their cars, so it becomes a very frustrating experience. 

Not to mention the water jet machine like you said, is $1 for 3 mins - at this rate I wonder how the company who installed that machine is going to make a profit, if everybody hogs the washing bay for up to an hour but spends only $1-$2 to use the water jet. 

Oh, and the timing of the water jet is capped until 9pm...which makes for an even more frustrating wash experience. 

3 hours ago, badlammy said:

You referring to shared hose which some kind soul installed? Or those water jet system?

If it's shared hose, suck thumb cuz to begin with there was no hose and everyone would need to collect water to wash at their bays. Alternatively, you can be the next kind soul to install a longer and better hose.

If it's water jet system, go bang table with the vendor or town council for the stupid solution.

Btw, nobody will do #1 la...move to another lot then soap, you wait long long.

So before EV charging station hogging problem, we are beginning to see washing bay hogging problem first.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Gone are the days I wash the car on my own every week. Nowadays, I just hope it rains.

Go to the car wash once every 1.5 months or unless it gets really dirty.

On 1/3/2022 at 8:59 PM, Ct3833 said:

So before EV charging station hogging problem, we are beginning to see washing bay hogging problem first.

This washing bay hogging problem, I think comes recently during pandemic times when everyone drives less but is stingy to send their vehicles to the detailer's. 

Last time only will see such scenes in the days running up yok CNY where every car owner die die must wash the car before Day 1 of CNY. 

Now? With those jet spray machines installed - it seems the scene happens almost every day. Even goods delivery drivers hog the washing bays and use the washing bay as a spot for smoking break, lunch break, catch up with their fellow delivery driver friends. 

I even encountered once where a dick driver choped the hdb washing bay and got his family member to drive their 2nd car over to take over the washing bay lot... While I was queuing for it. 

Wtf. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

@badlammy anyway you already probably given me the answer... So the next time I'll just hog the freaking bay from start to finish, and see who comes to pick a fight with me... Could be fun 🙂

@Comage the root cause is that the short hose cannot reach all wash bays. I would try to fix that if I were you. 😁

So means you managed to secure a wash bay, and I didn't say you should hog it. 😄

Keeping to the topic, my two go-to car wash places are the Caltex station (long queue during evenings) at Alexandra in front of Vantage / Ford Motors and the Esso one at Jln Bukit Merah (even longer queue).

25 minutes ago, Locknload said:

Keeping to the topic, my two go-to car wash places are the Caltex station (long queue during evenings) at Alexandra in front of Vantage / Ford Motors and the Esso one at Jln Bukit Merah (even longer queue).

I used to go to such car wash places... And then I gained "enlightenment" and realised that these places weren't even using the two-bucket system to wash. 

Plus when the rag drops onto the floor, they just pick it up and flick it a few times then continue using it... 😞

Edited by Comage
  • Praise 1

I tried CarPow at Bukit Batok Wcega last week.  I think not bad, very clean and the tires were shiny black after the wash.  For saloon car it is $14 with vacuum.

My previous cars had a lot of scratches from petrol station washes.  They are not cheap (~$10?) and clean, and quite often there was a long queue of 10-15 min.

Now I DIY and use a new cloth for every wash, and there has not been any scratches.  It costs me only $1+ and 45 min including interior cleaning and leather lotion.

• Praise 1

Pollutants such as dirt, pollen, bird droppings, road grit, and splattered bugs can accumulate on your car and damage the metal and paint of your vehicle. Therefore, it is advised to wash your car at least once every couple of weeks.

On 1/5/2022 at 9:01 AM, Comage said:

This washing bay hogging problem, I think comes recently during pandemic times when everyone drives less but is stingy to send their vehicles to the detailer's. 

Last time only will see such scenes in the days running up yok CNY where every car owner die die must wash the car before Day 1 of CNY. 

Now? With those jet spray machines installed - it seems the scene happens almost every day. Even goods delivery drivers hog the washing bays and use the washing bay as a spot for smoking break, lunch break, catch up with their fellow delivery driver friends. 

I even encountered once where a dick driver choped the hdb washing bay and got his family member to drive their 2nd car over to take over the washing bay lot... While I was queuing for it. 

Wtf. 

1 yr later, your place still got hoggers?

If yes, then i think is probably the timing you go down to wash car lo.

And yes i am a bay hogger, sometime up to 4 hr cos i do coat, polish, tyre shine all at once. 😅