Amazon's AI-powered cameras punish its delivery drivers when they look at side mirrors or when other cars cut them off, report says

Kxbc

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-delivery-drivers-netradyne-ai-cameras-punished-when-cut-off-2021-9

Looking at side mirrors while driving is considered a bad driving habit? Or am I interpreting the article wrongly? 

I do glance at both side mirrors when I drive, even when I am not changing lanes or turning. To be aware of what vehicles around me are doing, to take evasive action if required. 

My driving instructor taught me wrong? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 3
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-delivery-drivers-netradyne-ai-cameras-punished-when-cut-off-2021-9

Looking at side mirrors while driving is considered a bad driving habit? Or am I interpreting the article wrongly? 

I do glance at both side mirrors when I drive, even when I am not changing lanes or turning. To be aware of what vehicles around me are doing, to take evasive action if required. 

My driving instructor taught me wrong? 

Your driving instructor taught you correct and good.
Amazon system seems wrong.

This is a very big problem.

The algorithm for AI a lot is written in silicon valley by White men and Indian men so they write with their biasness and prejudice and views written into the software.

:D

• Praise 1

I think the program is developed by SamurAI. Driver is expected to be aware of his surroundings without turning his head.(Maybe only eyes allowed to move about nia)

A samurai master neber turns his head all over the place when facing multiple enemies right?  😁

SAMA-600x330.jpg

• Haha! 2

13 hours ago, Didu said:

I think the program is developed by SamurAI. Driver is expected to be aware of his surroundings without turning his head.(Maybe only eyes allowed to move about nia)

A samurai master neber turns his head all over the place when facing multiple enemies right?  😁

SAMA-600x330.jpg

Maybe that's why the samurais died and only their spirit lives on. 😂

• Haha! 2

14 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Then have side mirrors for what? To help balance the car ah? 

Stay safe and important these days to stay sane too. 😁

Cheers 

To block bikers from lane-splitting!😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3