debt collectors goes up lim tean's office

StreetFight3r

17 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

The morale of the story is . . .

三個臭皮匠,勝過一個諸葛亮. . .

Not saying Lim Tean is zhu geliang ah. hahahhaha.

It simply means that as long as you owe people money, you can never 100% hold your head up high.  Muayhahaha

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

The cheque payee is a "normal" private limited company based in a residential address....i guess should not be considered freelance? 

freelancer usually set up a company for their services, many tax benefits  [laugh]

The difference between the haves and have nots.

The have nots kena con by haves - no recourse, no money to sue or find a lawyer (because seeking the latter often cost thousands).

The haves kena con by haves or have nots - can arrange for "someone" to persuade you to pay or legal recourse.

Just like how property agents describe these bomb shelters

Penthouse condo - bomb shelters are called as home shelters

HDB - bomb shelters are called as bomb shelters

okok. 

I agree that a politician must have credibility and be able keep to his words.

Owe $ must pay $.  If not, it is really outrageous.  

I invite another guy to carry out his orange box and pail to send LT the message.

chtt.JPG

Edited by Albeniz
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

@Kar_lover Just don't live stream!

Nowadays people dress up as clowns as "marketing" so why not livestream? Although actually i think it is against the law (PDPA) to live stream. If LT is worth his salt as a lawyer he can lodge a complaint or sue them....

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jman888 said:

freelancer usually set up a company for their services, many tax benefits  [laugh]

Ya but if you setup a company then by definition not freelancer already.... 

"A freelancer is an independent laborer who earns wages on a per-job or per-task basis, typically for short-term work. Benefits of freelancing include having the freedom to work from home, a flexible work schedule, and a better work-life balance."

So if you have a COMPANY then it is the COMPANY that is being engaged  by the client to do the work and the person who does the work, even if he is the owner, is the employee/worker of the company.... 

2 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Ya but if you setup a company then by definition not freelancer already.... 

"A freelancer is an independent laborer who earns wages on a per-job or per-task basis, typically for short-term work. Benefits of freelancing include having the freedom to work from home, a flexible work schedule, and a better work-life balance."

So if you have a COMPANY then it is the COMPANY that is being engaged  by the client to do the work and the person who does the work, even if he is the owner, is the employee/worker of the company.... 

but if the company is under sole proprietorship. the boss can be consider freelander also?

for example a pro photographer set up a company , and he is the only guy work

18 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

6 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Nowadays people dress up as clowns as "marketing" so why not livestream? Although actually i think it is against the law (PDPA) to live stream. If LT is worth his salt as a lawyer he can lodge a complaint or sue them....

These are now the in thing people do huh?

Nobody is as traditional as @Jamesc🤣

• Haha! 3

15 minutes ago, Beregond said:

but if the company is under sole proprietorship. the boss can be consider freelander also?

for example a pro photographer set up a company , and he is the only guy work

My understanding is a sole proprietor (SP) is NOT a company. And to what i know an SP cannot be a sharedholder of a company because an SP is not a legal entity in itself. It is a business (generic term of any one or any entity carrying out a business), but it is not a company. Same as partnerships (incl LLPs) which are not companies either. Companies only have 2 types, private limited and limited (i.e. public listed). Their liabilities do not extend to the individual owners (shareholders) behind the companies. Whereas for SP (and partnership), liability is not limited.

https://www.acra.gov.sg/how-to-guides/starting-sole-proprietorships/what-is-a-sole-proprietorship

As for your photographer example, if he sets up a private limited company, and he is the only person, it is still a company and he is not considered a freelancer. A freelancer takes jobs directly under his own name. In this case, the client is engaging the company (even if he is the only shareholder and worker). The contract signed by the client is with the company, not the photographer himself. If anything goes wrong, the liabilities and losses go only as far as the company's assets, not the photographer's own personal assets.

Edited by Kar_lover
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

It simply means that as long as you owe people money, you can never 100% hold your head up high.  Muayhahaha

Technically every one who earns money is always in debt, since the taxman always wants his share, and most pay by GIRO not in a lumpsum up front. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

My understanding is a sole proprietor (SP) is NOT a company. And to what i know an SP cannot be a sharedholder of a company because an SP is not a legal entity in itself. It is a business (generic term of any one or any entity carrying out a business), but it is not a company. Same as partnerships (incl LLPs) which are not companies either. Companies only have 2 types, private limited and limited (i.e. public listed). Their liabilities do not extend to the individual owners (shareholders) behind the companies. Whereas for SP (and partnership), liability is not limited.

https://www.acra.gov.sg/how-to-guides/starting-sole-proprietorships/what-is-a-sole-proprietorship

As for your photographer example, if he sets up a private limited company, and he is the only person, it is still a company and he is not considered a freelancer. A freelancer takes jobs directly under his own name. In this case, the client is engaging the company (even if he is the only shareholder and worker). The contract signed by the client is with the company, not the photographer himself. If anything goes wrong, the liabilities and losses go only as far as the company's assets, not the photographer's own personal assets.

oh ok , u clear alot of my doubt.

but what about this case. those car workshop and tyres shop. normally about 5 ppl working. most of them are sole proprietorship.

this should be consider a company right???

10 minutes ago, Beregond said:

oh ok , u clear alot of my doubt.

but what about this case. those car workshop and tyres shop. normally about 5 ppl working. most of them are sole proprietorship.

this should be consider a company right???

Can be either or can even be LLP. Some of the big ones (like stamford tyres which is public listed) are definitely companies but smaller ones might be SP or even LLP. Most people prefer to incorporate as a company to limit their liability. But for certain forms of businesses like lawyers, somehow partnerships suit them better. Perhaps it is because they can offer partnership status to worthy lawyers. By the way, I can be an SP of a tyre shop and still hire people to work for me. Doesn't mean i have 5 or even 10 workers means i am automatically a "company". A company is one where it is incorporated under The Companies Act and has certain requirements to meet under the Act. So those running a simple business with little risk of high liabilities may prefer an SP model so as not to make things difficult. 

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Arogab said:

These are now the in thing people do huh?

Nobody is as traditional as @Jamesc🤣

Everybody in today world want fame. hahaha. Even as a debt collector. 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1