Shot in the head after asking someone to wear a mask

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

2021-09-21T120937Z_1112321054_RC2BUP95XVUO_RTRMADP_3_GERMANY-CRIME.jpg.bd9d41da2b10f74008e9f6f12b7a48b8.jpg

German politicians expressed shock on Tuesday over the killing of a 20-year old petrol station worker after an argument about a face mask and said that coronavirus deniers who are willing to use violence will not be tolerated.

The killing on Saturday evening in the western town of Idar-Oberstein has hit the national headlines as it is one of the only such cases linked to COVID-19 restrictions.

Prosecutors have said that the petrol station cashier had asked a 49-year old man who wanted to buy beer to comply with the rules and put on a mask.

The customer refused and left but returned later wearing a mask which he pulled down when he approached the cashier who again referred to the rules.

"Then the perpetrator pulled a revolver and shot the cashier in the head from the front. The victim fell to the floor and was immediately dead," prosecutor Kai Fuhrmann told reporters.

The suspect later gave himself up at a police station, saying the coronavirus measures were causing him stress, said Furhmann. He is being detained.

This is why I'm thankful guns are not allowed in our country. With the number of crazies we have surfacing, it'll be terrible if everyone pulls out a gun just to express their dissatisfaction. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 5
  • Sad 5

20 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

That poor cashier. But that's Germans for you. I bet the poor victim did Nazi that coming. 

i shouldnt have smiled at the joke. i feel bad now

• Haha! 2

44 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

I am surprised that it didn't happen in US after almost 2 years into the pandemic. 

Probably all reported as robbery or hate crime there. 

So when some of the things like not in your eyes and you cannot take it. Try not to argue or you may meet the wrong person. 

Anyway, no one can tell fate, it just suddenly happen to you

12 hours ago, Jman888 said:

I am surprised that it didn't happen in US after almost 2 years into the pandemic. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/14/us/georgia-shooting-grocery-store-mask.html

A dispute over a mask at a Georgia grocery store on Monday devolved into a shootout that left an employee dead and two others injured, authorities say, marking the latest in a number of killings or violent attacks in the U.S. tied to the highly politicized Covid-19 safety precaution.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Due to Covid lotsa people snap easily nowadays in different ways, here it may just get verbal or fist fight but there with lax/ liberal gun laws ......... people are trigger happy ..... RIP to the poor Cashier  

Edited by BanCoe
↡ Advertisement