Explosion at Tuas Incinerator Plant - 2 dead 1 in critical condition

Fitvip

Seem to be doing sone high tension elect servicing live. Very dangerius job but question will be. Are any of those involved qualified? I do know most times, they work under qualified supervision but for such works, is such arrangement good enough? 

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Mustank said:

See la...no wear mask more important than got wear condom or not. 

Dunno what's the message of this massage case....

Must wear mask?

Must wear condom?

Must not have sex?

Must last more than 15 minutes?

For god sakes... sex happens.. cannot have a million foreign men and expect nothing go on.

"When Ma arrived at the outlet, the duo chatted for a while before Zhang rubbed his belly with massage oil. They proceeded to have sex for about 15 minutes while not wearing face masks
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/s2000-fine-man-caught-having-sex-masseuse-during-phase-1-reopening"

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

Seem to be doing sone high tension elect servicing live. Very dangerius job but question will be. Are any of those involved qualified? I do know most times, they work under qualified supervision but for such works, is such arrangement good enough? 

This seems to go against every sop i came across previously. Even emergency repairs on HT dont think i've seen done live... servicing??

2 minutes ago, Karoon said:

This seems to go against every sop i came across previously. Even emergency repairs on HT dont think i've seen done live... servicing??

What about methane build up?

It's a rubbish plant after all.

7 minutes ago, Playtime said:

What about methane build up?

It's a rubbish plant after all.

Could be.... Electrical arc fault + explosive gas. Usually the breakers produce spark/flash fire. To explode is something else.

Its an electrical switchroom so it will probably be an arc flash incident. Highly dangerous and if they werent wearing the correct PPE then they have no chance 

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 2

4 hours ago, Playtime said:

actually.... people have no idea how the lockdown of the sex industry can cause stress to thousands of young men working far from home and lovers.....

For PRC and viet male FW, they still have many of their female compatriots working here to hook up with. [laugh] 

South asians FW, still can find FDWs.

Only those confined to dorms... really bad.

3 hours ago, Mustank said:

Maybe for fellow countryman, he received a discount or not?? I wonder. 

This dude is named because he broke the covid laws during phase 1. Not for having sex with the masseuse in the shop.

Usually customers "caught in the act" during raids are not identified unless they do something funny that lands them in court. Getting sex services is not against the law in SG as long as no underage involved.

But recently there was a case that broke this precedent. A customer caught during raid was actually identified, name and age. No mention of what law he broke, so it's really odd to be identified in such a way:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/illegal-massage-outlet-owner-jailed-after-police-finds-masseuse-having-sex-customer?cid=Webmobile_readnext_internal_09032021_tdy

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Maybe for fellow countryman, he received a discount or not?? I wonder. 

This dude is named because he broke the covid laws during phase 1. Not for having sex with the masseuse in the shop.

Usually customers "caught in the act" during raids are not identified unless they do something funny that lands them in court. Getting sex services is not against the law in SG as long as no underage involved.

But recently there was a case that broke this precedent. A customer caught during raid was actually identified, name and age. No mention of what law he broke, so it's really odd to be identified in such a way:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/illegal-massage-outlet-owner-jailed-after-police-finds-masseuse-having-sex-customer?cid=Webmobile_readnext_internal_09032021_tdy

Yalor he was not breaking any law leh 

20 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/nea-officer-dies-injuries-tuas-incineration-plant-blast-2202976

Engineering manager dies of his injuries 3 days after blast in switchgear room at Tuas incineration plant

He is the second NEA officer to die after the blast at the incineration plant.

241491479_225719589602384_22944254498924

trageric. RIP. Hope they will find the root cause soon and come out with preventive mesaures to prevent another  similar unfortunate incident. 

• Praise 2

All 3 are singaporean of executive engineer manager level with many years work experience. Not a simple foreign worker pandemic stress or undermanned story.

6 hours ago, Sosaria said:

All 3 are singaporean of executive engineer manager level with many years work experience. Not a simple foreign worker pandemic stress or undermanned story.

Thanks. It’s quite telling that many of us (me included) assume that victims of industrial accidents are more likely to be foreign workers than locals, which shows my personal preconceptions.

10 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

trageric. RIP. Hope they will find the root cause soon and come out with preventive mesaures to prevent another  similar unfortunate incident. 

Yeah but we don't even know what exactly happened.