car hard to start after a week of unused

Kumweng

13 hours ago, Kumweng said:

I leave my car at car park for a week unused. last night I try to start me car. I crank many times and then finally started. The battery was strong. After start, the car vibrate a bit while. The RPM needle move up and down and dieing off again. AFter warm up, car back to normal.

What happen? ANy advise

When was the last time you service your car?

This is confirm the engine oil or eo viscosity has become very thick. Especially on cold starts. It is only when the engine is warm up the viscosity becomes thinner then the engine runs normally.

The recommended oil change is every 6months or whatever your servicing mileage that is recommended. So if you dont hit so many mileage then change every 6 months. I know because of covid many ppl dont drive much so for those who service car once a year it may extend to 1.5years or 2 years. So you can imagine the quality of the oil.

It will wear the engine prematurely. Experience more vibrations and ultimately engine failure.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, badlammy said:

What's the rationale to pump till overflow? Not like you are not paying for the fuel.

I pump till overflow is becos I want to measure the FC consumption correctly. 

I believe most of the Bro here MFC does the same. right?

Just now, Kumweng said:

I don’t.

5 minutes ago, Kumweng said:

No. Got onboard computer to calculate. Accurate or not I dont care really.

• Praise 1

Another thing is that my rear 2 tyres is manufacture (3017). Is it mean 2017 30 week?

The trends is still good condition. But whenever I apply hard braking, I feel that the rear seem to sway a little.

Is it becos the problem lied with the rear tyre?

Btw, the frt 2 tyre I got it changed to new set.

How to know the frt and rear suspension is still in good working condition. I have not change the suspension yet. Now mileage is 130K.

Please advise

27 minutes ago, Kumweng said:

Another thing is that my rear 2 tyres is manufacture (3017). Is it mean 2017 30 week?

The trends is still good condition. But whenever I apply hard braking, I feel that the rear seem to sway a little.

Is it becos the problem lied with the rear tyre?

Btw, the frt 2 tyre I got it changed to new set.

How to know the frt and rear suspension is still in good working condition. I have not change the suspension yet. Now mileage is 130K.

Please advise

it could be the brake mechanism that caused the car to pull to aside when braking. It is unlikely a wheel alignment problem  because  if it is alignment, the car would have pull to aside slowly when you are driving.  One more, check you tyre pressure  to make sure the pressure on both wheels are the same. 

Edited by Ct3833

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

When was the last time you service your car?

This is confirm the engine oil or eo viscosity has become very thick. Especially on cold starts. It is only when the engine is warm up the viscosity becomes thinner then the engine runs normally.

The recommended oil change is every 6months or whatever your servicing mileage that is recommended. So if you dont hit so many mileage then change every 6 months. I know because of covid many ppl dont drive much so for those who service car once a year it may extend to 1.5years or 2 years. So you can imagine the quality of the oil.

It will wear the engine prematurely. Experience more vibrations and ultimately engine failure.

I could be wrong but unlikely due to enginer oil, this may happen in a cold weather country but not in SGP.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

10 hours ago, Kumweng said:

I don't pump till overflow! I pump to the neck. So, you need to control! 

Further more, when it overflows, you cannot get accurate fc!😥

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Kumweng said:

No. Overflowing fuel just means wasted fuel and money. This is the first time I heard or read someone over pumping to accurately measure FC. Is that even a factual thing?

• Haha! 1

I will said this car likely need a full maintenance,  including the tyre change even though tread is good.

Offpeak car, under mileage and no proper maintenance done.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Any experience driver would have pump the petrol but not overflow it. Instead, you leave no air in the tank for escaping thus may cause issue. The most accurate and primitive way of calculating FC is to take the travelled mileage and divide by the number of litres you pump in for 3 tanks, then take the average. 

TS sounds like not a car person nor knowing how to take care of his car, thus come here for advice. We shared here but he did not give more information or answer some of the questions. He post more problems and tries to deduce what’s wrong with his car instead of going to a workshop to check. But this is only my own feeling la. I don’t mean to offend anyone. Maybe I’m just too sensitive. 

For tires, if you just change your front tires recently, you could have change all 4 instead. Yes 3017 meaning 30th week of 2017. Your rear tires would have been more than 3 years. Given Singapore’s hot and humid condition, I wouldn’t recommend to keep the tires more than 3 years even if it was not worn out. Rubber compound would have deteriorated and tires are the only contact between you and the ground. I wouldn’t save on tires on aspect of safety of myself and anyone whom I ferry. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 6

21 minutes ago, Wormee said:

Any experience driver would have pump the petrol but not overflow it. Instead, you leave no air in the tank for escaping thus may cause issue. The most accurate and primitive way of calculating FC is to take the travelled mileage and divide by the number of litres you pump in for 3 tanks, then take the average. 

TS sounds like not a car person nor knowing how to take care of his car, thus come here for advice. We shared here but he did not give more information or answer some of the questions. He post more problems and tries to deduce what’s wrong with his car instead of going to a workshop to check. But this is only my own feeling la. I don’t mean to offend anyone. Maybe I’m just too sensitive. 

For tires, if you just change your front tires recently, you could have change all 4 instead. Yes 3017 meaning 30th week of 2017. Your rear tires would have been more than 3 years. Given Singapore’s hot and humid condition, I wouldn’t recommend to keep the tires more than 3 years even if it was not worn out. Rubber compound would have deteriorated and tires are the only contact between you and the ground. I wouldn’t save on tires on aspect of safety of myself and anyone whom I ferry. 

Cheers. 

I won't be surprised front tyre change is the Tour..... brand or similar.. 

• Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Kumweng said:

Pump until overflow high chance will damage the fuel EVAP system (google this if you never heard of it). That is a costly repair.

Recommend you pump until auto-stop that is best way.

https://www.quora.com/Every-time-we-fill-the-car-up-with-gas-it-doesnt-start-right-away-It-does-eventually-start-after-two-tries-with-turning-the-ignition-What-could-be-the-problem

wah say, one brother posted a week old never drive, poor cracking and we have many active analysers, car enthusiasts and experienced mechanic helping out, thesis what I like to know . . . Cheers, Happy Sunday[drivingcar]

• Haha! 2

On 9/25/2021 at 9:42 PM, Kumweng said:

Ah yes ....... Me me me, I am a Pro Full Tank Pumper and Pro Car Rocker SINCE 2008.  Why 2008 leh ?  This is HISTORY worth remembering 2 major event happened !! ...... Er ..... U OWNSELF Read Up from the Internet OR From Annuls of MCF

Hear FROM THE PRO OK !!

I filled the Tank to the BRIM ...... Yes !!! NOT Overflow hor,  Overflow mean fuel oozing out of the tank hor, it is wasteful, not environmentally friendly and it cause FC error.  Pple LIKE US, COUNT to the decimal de....  So PUMP to the BRIM.

The next thing is Rock the Car to clear ALL the AIR SPACE in the tank.  Remember, PRO Rocker rock the CAR SIDEWAY hor, Amateur ROCK UP DOWN ..... U can see a lot of Videos of these poor suckers doing it. U all won't SEE PRO like ME on any of these videos one, I CHECKED 0.000000001% of the INTERNET UNIVERSE liao.... ONLY THOSE AMATEUR Struggling to fill, plenty of CONFIGURATIONS - UNCLE-UNCLE, FRIEND-FRIEND, HUSBAND-WIFE, BGR-BGR ...... so SOLO also....

So Pro Rocker rock SIDEWAY and SOLO !!  The ULTIMATE LEGEND install a SIDE SEMI-AUTOMATIC ELECTRICAL JACK - HONDA FIT kia NICE !!

And so again, Rocking my FORMER KIA CARENS 2L Theta NA WORLD ENGINE 60L Tank, let me pump another 6L !!  AWESOME !! I Like it !!

Since getting my KIA CARENS 1.7L AWARD WINNING U2 Diesel Engine DPF 58L Tank, I seldom PUMP TO the BRIM liao, except to AUDIT my Car Performance.  Also Diesel, also flow better or better tank design....  99% of the time, Audit show a constant +2.07848536L error compare with my car's FC Meter one.  So the injector is OK ba. I kinda miss those AWESOME TIMES .....These days,  I still Fill to the BRIM and ROCK the car FOR SPORT....... Er , once in awhile laaa.

Also, very very IMPORTANT, do check if YOUR CAR deploy a RETURNLESS FUEL System, ya ....... if NOT, will damage your tank hor ...... U R WARNED !!

Good Luck !!

Edited by Apple-Tree
  • Haha! 1

My suggestion is TS should change car 😂....      just joking.

I think TS should just send the car to a mechanic to do a full inspection and fix any problems..

• Praise 1

On 9/25/2021 at 9:42 PM, Kumweng said:

Just auto stop can already. No point measure until so accurate because already a lot of variables during driving. 

Whatever figures u measure just take it as ballpark and no outliers which may indicate issues. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1