Motorcycle cum car owners in MCF

Freeder

On 9/26/2021 at 4:30 PM, Wormee said:

Now COE $9k+. When I was riding, a Super 4 cost $12,800. I think a brand new CB350 would cost $20k at least. Bo hua lea. Singapore weather, if sunny, hot like scorching. If raining, wet and humid. Worst scenario is you put on rain coat, ride through rain and get wet, then sun comes out. Wa lao the feeling. 😞

Get an ebike/escooter. Now free theory test extended. Pass liao can ride anything that is illegal. Nothing will happen one. No need pay COE. LTA does no enforcement. Ride finish push into home. No need pay for season parking. 🤣

https://mothership.sg/2021/10/jurong-west-street-93-fire/?fbclid=IwAR21O6bw8TvrLvSpNrpT2QmGz5HYgUELXSCEClL75XsHyjJmvcwENG1zIFY

U take care Bro🙏🏻🙇‍♀

6 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Thanks bro. I believed if proper usage of approved PMD, without any illegal modifications, don't overcharge or charge overnight without anyone overseeing it, it should be relatively safe. 

When I mentioned illegally do it instead of buying a proper motorcycle in my previous post was meant to be a pun. I apologise for that. 

Nonetheless stay safe everyone. 🙏 

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 1

Hi, I'm new to MCF, but have been riding since 2013!

I actually used to be Staff Writer for Motor Culture Asia, so those "lao jiaos" here will probably have read quite a few of my articles back when the magazine was still in existence. My proudest achievement by far has been riding my 150cc 2-stroke KR up to Hatyai and back during the 3-Nation Charity Ride back in 2014:

Currently, I own a Ducati 749S:

And a Derbi Terra 125:

It would be nice if we could all meet up for a group ride, but with the state of our world the way it is right now, I don't see it happening anytime soon. I sure hope I'm wrong though... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by enzoalec92
Formatting and additional context
  • Praise 12

2 hours ago, enzoalec92 said:

I actually used to be Staff Writer for Motor Culture Asia, so those "lao jiaos" here will probably have read quite a few of my articles back when the magazine was still in existence. My proudest achievement by far has been riding my 150cc 2-stroke KR up to Hatyai and back during the 3-Nation Charity Ride back in 2014:

And a Derbi Terra 125:

It would be nice if we could all meet up for a group ride, but with the state of our world the way it is right now, I don't see it happening anytime soon. I sure hope I'm wrong though... 🤷‍♂️

FYI, there’s a weekly meetride here..https://t.me/joinchat/UgRYW_LGhxliNzZl

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
7 hours ago, enzoalec92 said:

And a Derbi Terra 125:

Welcome to MCF!! What brings you here? I remember Kevin from Motor Culture, then MotoWorld. The riding community is a small one. 

21 hours ago, Freeder said:

FYI, there’s a weekly meetride here..https://t.me/joinchat/UgRYW_LGhxliNzZl

Thanks, I've joined it already. Looking forward to meet you if you're in it, especially with the upcoming ride!

16 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Welcome to MCF!! What brings you here? I remember Kevin from Motor Culture, then MotoWorld. The riding community is a small one. 

Yes, Kevin's a close friend of mine! In fact, he was the one who brought me aboard the MCA team and I'm still very much in contact with him! As for why I'm here, I've just sent you a direct message answering that. 😄

On 9/27/2021 at 1:44 PM, BabyBlade said:

Just a plain Jane. That's why so low profile.

Inner beauty is more important.

:D

If you are beautiful on the inside

you are beautiful on the outside.

Just like me sister.

Driving has a risk just like riding has a risk.

But you can drive and never have an accident and ride and never have an accident.

So its really how you drive or ride that really increases the risk.

If people ride or drive safely their risk is really minimal.

But the way some people drive or ride its really an accident waiting to happen.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

A lot of cars and bikes do not slow down at traffic lights.

So if a car or bike turns even if they are in the wrong cannot brake in time to avoid hitting them.

As a driver I will always slow down but bikers really need to slow down because there will always be ai mai, ai mai drivers far away don't want to turn and last second when cannot avoid die die must turn.

Bikers have to be smarter than drivers because they have lesser protection.

They have to have situation awareness to spot dangers.

They have to spot the idiot drivers that will do something stupid.

The type that change lane without checking blind spot and side swipping a biker lane splitting.

Or a driver that die die only turn left or right from middle lane and the poor biker in the left or right lane takes them out.

Overtaking a row of parked cars and one car just pulls out into a biker without checking his mirrors.

Now even if you are in a car all these drivers will hit you.

But a biker just has lesser protection.

• Praise 1

On 11/3/2022 at 8:24 AM, Hibeam2 said:

@Freeder I have been away from this forum for quite some time.

How's your riding journey with your GB350 so far? 

I think his bike is a CB350 not the jdm GB350 but yeah basically they r the same.

Me so enamored with the white/blue CB350 when i first saw it in motordiam n almost buy it, now abit regret cos coe had shoot up to current high, @Freeder heng buy ah last year coe shld be ard 9k or so..

↡ Advertisement