Pulau Senang. Anyone heard of it before?

Fcw75

Massacre on Singapore’s Prison Island: A Prison-Without-Bars Experiment Gone Wrong

Superintendent Daniel Stanley Dutton was cornered into his office after getting attacked by three prisoners. He could hear the commotion outside, and the four walls suddenly felt like they were closing in on him.

A rhythmic, grating sound came from above his head. Two men had climbed to the roof and had hacked a hole in it with a small axe. Petrol spewed from the hole, soaking Dutton to his boots. The men tossed in fire, and the fire devoured Dutton.

With his clothing ablaze, Dutton rushed outside. Four others, all armed with axes and cangkuls, were waiting for him. They attacked him in an almost barbaric fugue, and when they were done, they burned his body.

:lll._.:

A good read about Singapore's prison without bars. I never know about this before.

https://thekopi.co/2021/09/23/pulau-senang-riot-massacre-prison/?fbclid=IwAR1VwD8I9Ci3-9I6oFaozJcxy84CY3ZOyReRfKdlkzhsmRpteRnGM3xRVr4

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 2

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Massacre on Singapore’s Prison Island: A Prison-Without-Bars Experiment Gone Wrong

Superintendent Daniel Stanley Dutton was cornered into his office after getting attacked by three prisoners. He could hear the commotion outside, and the four walls suddenly felt like they were closing in on him.

A rhythmic, grating sound came from above his head. Two men had climbed to the roof and had hacked a hole in it with a small axe. Petrol spewed from the hole, soaking Dutton to his boots. The men tossed in fire, and the fire devoured Dutton.

With his clothing ablaze, Dutton rushed outside. Four others, all armed with axes and cangkuls, were waiting for him. They attacked him in an almost barbaric fugue, and when they were done, they burned his body.

A good read about Singapore's prison without bars. I never know about this before.

https://thekopi.co/2021/09/23/pulau-senang-riot-massacre-prison/?fbclid=IwAR1VwD8I9Ci3-9I6oFaozJcxy84CY3ZOyReRfKdlkzhsmRpteRnGM3xRVr4

nice read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulau_Senang

Now is used as a live-firing area for SAF.

• Praise 6

5 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Isn't it used as a Live Firing range for our fighters (F15SG & F16S) ? :slow:

Together with Palau Pawai and Palau Sudong :wut:

i always remembered the announcements on radio for this. i think pulau senang was not use for bombing. but "lies within the live firing area" so also needed to be avoided.

• Praise 7

10 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I only go around these areas for fishing. At times you were fishing night time away from the areas. You can see flashes on the firing.

I had live firing on Palau Sudong during one of my ICT. Target was set on the sea surface in front of Sudong island. 

Day and night live firing with all the infantry weapons. 

At night is like firework with all the tracer.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 7

2 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I had live firing on Palau Sudong during one of my ICT. Target was set on the sea surface in front of Sudong island. 

Haha, you are the performer and I am the spectator😂

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

51 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Isn't it used as a Live Firing range for our fighters (F15SG & F16S) ? :slow:

Together with Palau Pawai and Palau Sudong :wut:

Paiseh, these places still active for live firing now?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

I remember 18 were sentenced to death for the riot in Pulau Senang.

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

I remember 18 were sentenced to death for the riot in Pulau Senang.

You are right bro. 

Eventually, 30 were found guilty of rioting and rioting with deadly weapons, and 18 were sentenced to death. They were charged with the murder of Dutton and his two assistants, together with the destruction of the island.

The attack on Dutton had been animalistic. His entire body was maimed with cuts; three on his head, two on the trunk, nine on the limbs. His fifth, ninth and tenth ribs were fractured. His body was completely burnt, except his feet which were covered by his boots.

The judge delivered their sentence: “The time has now come for you to pay the penalty for your dreadful acts… the sentence of the court upon you is that you be taken from this place to a lawful prison and thence to a place of execution and that you be hanged by the neck until you be dead and may the Lord have mercy on your souls”.

On 29 October 1965, the men breathed their last breaths.

😓

• Sad 1

There was a documentary on tv few years back abt tis.  Dey interviewed the son of 1 officer, angmoh/eurasian. He lives near my place. 

B4 gangster n now ahbeng kia act gangster, miles apart.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Tohto said:

what weapon😁