Why do riders actually lane-split? Is lane-splitting really safer for riders?

thatJDMahboy

12 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

How about removing drivers from the road? That'll clear up 80% of the traffic and accidents. Say goodbye to congestion. 

have you been to ho chi minh city?  lesser drivers than motorcyclists….but worse congestion than sg

congestion can only be solved by erp lah…. esp gps erp

😅🤣

Edited by Enye
↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
16 minutes ago, Enye said:

have you been to ho chi minh city?  lesser drivers than motorcyclists….but worse congestion than sg

congestion can only be solved by erp lah…. esp gps erp

😅🤣

So you want to compare other countries? Okokokokok.

rode for 12 years and now driving for the past 2 years...lane-splitting is definitely faster but not safer. Riding in Singapore nowadays with densely populated roads is just too dangerous.

Now a lousy 2B bike also cost more than 15k due to COE at 9k...might as well use the money take Uber/Gojek/Grab, save money and get chauffeured around in air-con rather then riding around in the sun or even worse, getting wet in the rain.

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

So you want to compare other countries? Okokokokok.

okokokok ...i don't use other countries as example since you no like

have you noticed how much lighter the traffic has become and relative ease of driving around since the malaysian motorcycles stopped coming into singapore in large droves?

😅

• Haha! 1

simply put, from riders' perspective (i dont ride), "there is space between 2 cars which looks safe to me, i can go thru'"

I think even for car driver, if there is big enough space between 2 other cars, we will squeeze, just ask anyone stuck in JB coming back to SG

• Haha! 2