Car aircon blows cold and hot air at the same time!!

Vinxuen

I got a weird car issue. I usually will on the aircon with all the vents at the dashboard blowing.

The air vents at the top blows cold air while the air vents at the bottom blows hot air. So i end up having cold hands and warm thighs when i drive.

Service center says they dont know what is the problem. There is no leak...

My car is just 8 mths old....mileage is 5k only....

Anyone encounters such issue before?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Vent actuator motor issue. But with a car this young in age and mileage let them provide you a replacement car and take their time to troubleshoot the issue, it’s not your problem to accept.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, Vinxuen said:

I got a weird car issue. I usually will on the aircon with all the vents at the dashboard blowing.

The air vents at the top blows cold air while the air vents at the bottom blows hot air. So i end up having cold hands and warm thighs when i drive.

What car is that.?P/s let us know...

17 minutes ago, Vinxuen said:

9 mth old car got problem why u want crack your head here? lol

throw the car back at them and demand them to fix for u .

if not u tell them u post the brand and model big big in mcf let every 1 know😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

If your A/C flip-flops from hot to cold and back again, your expansion valve could be failing. The expansion valve distributes the proper amount of refrigerant to your evaporator. If the valve is blocked, the refrigerant flow could be restricted or could be too unrestricted

• Praise 1

Thing is...it does not flip flop but is the airflow is constant. Top can be 23 degree Celsius but below cam be b around 30 degree Celsius (my hands got cold from the cold air so yah)

Mine is the 2019 mazda classic....

50 minutes ago, Vinxuen said:

Thing is...it does not flip flop but is the airflow is constant. Top can be 23 degree Celsius but below cam be b around 30 degree Celsius (my hands got cold from the cold air so yah)

Edited by DOBIEMKZ

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Vinxuen said:

Any aircon issue, I will only recommend L & Kim air con.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Vinxuen said:

What is your car make and model ?

3 hours ago, Vinxuen said:

can you shut off the air vent below and see what happen? 
since the aircon could blow cold air, it shows that it is not the compressor or aircon system problem. It is  likely the climate control system problem, somewhere is instructing the system to supply hot air to the blower below. 
The service guy cannot say dont know , did he escalate the problem to the senior service guy?  if the senior guy still dont know, what is their warranty support process?  dont they have a process to escalate a problem to their Japan engineering ? Even they are not sure they should try to isolate the problem, eg. replace the aircon control module or swap out the ECU. These are basic problem isolation steps if they could not nail down the source of the problem, they cannot simply say dont know. 

• Praise 3

What a lousy mechanic. Like @Macrosszerosaid, it’s Vent controls which control the blending of heated air and cold air. probably need a reset. Or you could try to go to max cold and see how it responds. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

Vent actuator motor issue. But with a car this young in age and mileage let them provide you a replacement car and take their time to troubleshoot the issue, it’s not your problem to accept.

It's kinda obvious that it is an actuator problem. Dunno what kind of shitty service center can say they dunno what the problem is LOL.

I would not trust them to wash my car.

Edited by ToyotaShuttle
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Vinxuen said:

Is there a Mazda Classic.?

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

Is there a Mazda Classic.?

I think is a 2019 mazda 3 in classic red.  But 2019 how to be 8 months old in Sept 2021.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I think is a 2019 mazda 3 in classic red.  But 2019 how to be 8 months old in Sept 2021.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

car made in 2019 and sat at the dealer till this year then registered. more unlikely now given that the agent hardly keeps stock. but who knows.

• Haha! 1