Bring back HSR to ‘excite the world again’, says Najib

kobayashiGT

Najib might be corrupted and the line might not be profitable, but what is there not to like of a HSR that can bring me to KL in 90 mins.  

Poor Singaporeans like me need a cheap hinterland to escape to. To destress.

• Haha! 3

8 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Najib might be corrupted and the line might not be profitable, but what is there not to like of a HSR that can bring me to KL in 90 mins.  

Conception is good, but until it's put into actions, its still a conception... to compound it with incompetent ppl.. it's more of a dream..

• Haha! 3

9 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Fly better

• Haha! 2

11 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Looking for new massage joints right?..  say until so cheem 🤣🤣.. give FRs leh.

Actually even if the train itself may not turn a profit... it's the effect it has on overall economy that's the key right? Kinda like a country's army will never turn a profit.. but still critical for country. 

But I also read that some in Malaysia actually don't want it, they don't want skilled workers all go Singapore. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Fly better

Fly takes a lot longer. Check in 45-60 mins before flight and from KLIA to downtown, another 1 hour at least (KL Express plus taxi).IIRC, HSR maybe clear custom 1x? 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Conception is good, but until it's put into actions, its still a conception... to compound it with incompetent ppl.. it's more of a dream..

Well, the chance of it being built is miniscule now that MY is broke.  

4 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Looking for new massage joints right?..  say until so cheem 🤣🤣.. give FRs leh.

Actually even if the train itself may not turn a profit... it's the effect it has on overall economy that's the key right? Kinda like a country's army will never turn a profit.. but still critical for country. 

But I also read that some in Malaysia actually don't want it, they don't want skilled workers all go Singapore. 

Yes, we will get more MY working here. Better them than others given the cultural affinity.

Noone will complain of curry.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Fly takes a lot longer. Check in 45-60 mins before flight and from KLIA to downtown, another 1 hour at least (KL Express plus taxi).IIRC, HSR maybe clear custom 1x? 

Maybe an extra 1 hour of travelling time.

Immigration clearance will not improve.

• Praise 1

55 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

can. Bring back HSR. Before start, Malaysia put $200m deposit with SG first, just in case,, they change mind again. 

More likely China will build and finance the rail, connecting all the way to the Southern Chinese network, then we LL will be invited to join.

Hosay liow, take train to Dongguan for massage.

Supercharged

Lai lai lai...let's flip the HSR prata again. 😁

Malaysia suggests reviving discussions on terminated HSR project, Singapore open to fresh proposals: PM Lee

pmpresser2.png?itok=yrWPMlWN

Malaysia has suggested reviving discussions on the terminated Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High-Speed Rail (HSR) project, Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said on Monday (Nov 29) after meeting with his Malaysian counterpart Ismail Sabri Yaakob. Mr Ismail Sabri is on his first official visit to Singapore as the vaccinated travel lanes between both countries entered its first day. The Malaysia prime minister met Mr Lee and was hosted to an official lunch at the Istana. 

"The prime minister and I also discussed the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur High-Speed Rail, and the prime minister suggested reviving discussions on the High-Speed Rail," Mr Lee said.

"I responded to the prime minister that Singapore and Malaysia had previously reached an agreement to terminate the HSR projects, and this has been amicably settled and closed. Nevertheless, Singapore is open to fresh proposals from Malaysia on the HSR project."

Mr Lee said on Monday that the transport ministries from both countries will discuss the matter, and that Singapore looks forward to getting more details from Malaysia "so that we can study them and consider the matter again, starting from a clean slate".

Mr Lee said he discussed other areas of collaboration with Malaysia, including the Johor Bahru-Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS) Link that is expected to start passenger services by the end of 2026.

"Singapore also continues to support the development of Iskandar Malaysia," said Mr Lee.

"The 14th Joint Committee for Iskandar Malaysia will convene next month, and I hope that they will be able to give the project another further push."

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/hsr-high-speed-rail-malaysia-singapore-2345181

When will this people bloody learn their lesson?

wake up lah.

the late LKY already warned us.  And true enough, it panned out that way.

Want to take back a cheating girlfriend?  *facepalm*  No backbone.

↡ Advertisement