Anti-foreign interference bill...

Wind30

6 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

A pretty good read. I hated pofma and how it was being exercised after being passed to law. This bill  seems to be much worse.

https://www.singaporelawwatch.sg/Headlines/anti-foreign-interference-bill-3-areas-of-concern-opinion

Singapore very own National security law.🤣

Not losing out to Communist HK. 👏👏👏

101% it will pass. 

Going one corner to suck my fingers now. 

• Haha! 6

Can we anti USA interference or have we ever? Other than canning their citizen of course 

Edited by Victor68
  • Haha! 5

25 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Can we anti USA interference or have we ever? Other than canning their citizen of course 

Block goggle like china do. 😁 

Develope our own Weibo.  .call it porebo.😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 11

On 10/1/2021 at 6:33 AM, Kopites said:

Singapore very own National security law.🤣

Not losing out to Communist HK. 👏👏👏

101% it will pass. 

Going one corner to suck my fingers now. 

Whose fault? We must ask ourselves!

Balancing is urgent now!

Edited by Fitvip

On 10/1/2021 at 9:04 AM, Kopites said:

Block goggle like china do. 😁 

Develope our own Weibo.  .call it porebo.😁

Hahaha, will it be like our mobile phones, go to  Sembawang or Pulau Ubin, they switch to MY lines?😄

6 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Hahaha, will it be like our mobile phones, go to  Sembawang or Pulau Ubin, they switch to MY lines?😄

Actually when at tuas south occasionally I do get maxis 😭

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Passed the bill. Don’t pap understand this will cost them votes? Pofma was the reason why I voted for the other side last election…

they do a lot of stuff well, includ9ng COVID response… why must they introduce such laws?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

41 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Passed the bill. Don’t pap understand this will cost them votes? Pofma was the reason why I voted for the other side last election…

they do a lot of stuff well, includ9ng COVID response… why must they introduce such laws?

Cost them votes but they still win... even if all GRCs they win by 51% also ok ma....

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 3

Dunno if many can remember. 

Back in GCT time,  when they literally could do anything cos they controlled EVERYTHING... social media wasn't a thing yet.

They went bat shit crazy weaponising tax funded estate upgrading in elections. US govt rightly criticised the move, and a campaign was launched to paint it as a "national crisis" of foreign interference in local media... which mr umbrage proudly and eloquently defended as perfect...

None other than LTK came out to say it's a crisis of the political party involved and nothing to do with Singapore. 

If it happened when this fica act was in place... I wonder what would happen to LTK.

Call a spade a spade... this is pointed squarely at China, but collateral damage is gonna be built in, the record isn't good. 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

To put things in perspective....the Copyright Act, which is a super old established Act by the way...took 6 years time for the government to make a few changes here and there and the changes were only passed slowly last month...6 blardy long years...just for public consultation...ask here ask there etc

FICA...which incidentally is a totally new ACT drafted by don't know who.... in just a mere few months...was steamrolled all the way thru yesterday...

You can tell what really matters to our government of the day....

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Wind30 said:

According to Shanmugan, the "people haven't even begun to realise what the problem is, and the nature of the problem", so it is a trust us thingy lah. 

I thought the legislation is a toy gun with open ended capability to upgrade to bazooka, if not how to fight foreign powers with a lot more resources?  Who? China, Russia or US? It is obvious. 😂

Seriously, noone cares about check and balance. 

I believe the threat is real but this is way too much power if we have the wrong people running the show. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4