No Time To Die: Goodbye Daniel Craig

therock

I've a big Bond fan and I'm sad to see him go..

But I'm chuffed to see he returned for one more outing...

I own all the past movies and I'm pretty sure I'll get this on 4k UHD too.

Of all the Bond, he's the most kinetic, although Brosnan was the most sauve. 

One little snippet, he was in Oz for a filming stint, and he walked into my friend's GP rooms, said hello asked for a physical. Apparently you need one before they allow you to film.

So my friend obliged and he promptly whipped off his top and sat there gamely... my friend could barely hold her stethoscope properly... I think she almost had a cardiac event... 

This is one action packed show, and wraps up the plot nicely, with many a tip of the hat to past outings.

I thought Skyfall was the best of the lot, but this one gets pretty close. There are far more gadgets, and the thrills and spills come fast and furious. I'm not so fond of the lady 00 idea, but I'll go with it.

And Dame Judi Dench was the best M, whilst the best Moneypenny was Samantha Bond. The Austrian Waltz was my best villian, followed by Jardem. 

Do see this movie, and I look back at the Craig series with great fondness but I also look forward to the new one. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 16
  • Haha! 2

There's a free documentary available on itunes now, and it's a great tribute to him.

Almost brought a tear...

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, therock said:

One little snippet, he was in Oz for a filming stint, and he walked into my friend's GP rooms, said hello asked for a physical. Apparently you need one before they allow you to film.

So my friend obliged and he promptly whipped off his top and sat there gamely... my friend could barely hold her stethoscope properly... I think she almost had a cardiac event... 

This is one action packed show, and wraps up the plot nicely, with many a tip of the hat to past outings.

I thought Skyfall was the best of the lot, but this one gets pretty close. There are far more gadgets, and the thrills and spills come fast and furious. I'm not so fond of the lady 00 idea, but I'll go with it.

And Dame Judi Dench was the best M, whilst the best Moneypenny was Samantha Bond. The Austrian Waltz was my best villian, followed by Jardem. 

Do see this movie, and I look back at the Craig series with great fondness but I also look forward to the new one. 

captain-america-peggy-carter.gif

Your friend was probably thinking this scene could have happened in her office. 🤣

• Haha! 11

26 minutes ago, therock said:

Movie took a long time to end. [laugh] 

Supercharged

I prefer Jason Bourne.....straight to the action and fight with whatever he gets his hands on.

James Bond too much showboating.....sometimes I fall asleep....

• Praise 1

Daniel Craig not bad as Bond but I still prefer Sean Connery. Tall, suave n lady’s man for sure!

i just love the Aston Martins in all the Bond shows. Couldn’t believe they used BMWs for a couple of shows, unthinkable for a British secret agent!

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 6

The second worse Bond only after Timothy Dalton.

The best is Pierce Brosnan, second is Roger Moore.

:D

Roger Moore is the funniest!

I suppose its got to happen sooner or later but at least I read that he went out knowing that he's got a daughter. 

I waiting for Ethan Hunt next. 

Then Jason Bourne. 

😁 A pity no one thought of a plot to involve all 3 characters saving the world or galaxy. 

Movies. Where anything is possible. 

My choice of 007 is definitely Sean Connery. Gentlemanly and intelligent, vulnerable. 

Roger Moore is more a cheekopeh getting lucky all the time. Smooth operator and rakish. No heart type. 

Brosnan is sauve, and very handsome. Frankly, he's most easily recognised and I always felt his cover as 007 is weak simply because one can remember his looks and dun need to check the system. 

Daniel Craig is ruggedly dashing and most times has a tired expression. He's also the one with a lot of heart type and alot on his mind. Probably the weakest amongst the above because he gets hurt easily, in a fight, gun fire, jumping here and there. That explains why he failed his fitness tests too, he not fit enough liao. 

Yada-ing 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Daniel Craig not bad as Bond but I still prefer Sean Connery. Tall, suave n lady’s man for sure!

i just love the Aston Martins in all the Bond shows. Couldn’t believe they used BMWs for a couple of shows, unthinkable for a British secret agent!

That's like battle of Britain and England pilots using Messerschmitts.

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I think The Living Daylights was my first JB movie. I was quite young. To me it was meh. My dad had a collection of past JB movies songs. I also happen to have a chance to watch some past JB movie. All of them lacks realism. Haha... 

The Pierce Brosnan series of JB were very cheesy. I have to agree the BMWs that he drove were disappointments. Maybe during that time Aston Martin didnt come up with smth good or a least decent, wont breakdown.

Daniel Craig JB is more realistic cos he did a lot of his own stunts. There were lots of running, fights, all the physical things he should be capable of he is doing most of it. Although he is short compared to past JB actors he is physically fit and buffed. He is also not cheesy trying to look good looking all the time. Craig's portray of JB is more human. He gets physically injured, he gets physically tired after running and fighting. Past JB actors hardly break a sweat like it is a piece of cake. Their hair dont get messy and always looking good. To me it is too cheesy and kind of a cliché.

Why guys like to watch JB over so many decades is to me sort of the alpha male dominance. That's why most guys like it.

Edited by Watwheels

I find that such shows whereby the hero will never die it has the potential to ruin the movie. Pretty much same with other spy movies. Cos ppl watching it knows that he wont die and he will get out of situations, etc. The villain will always die in the end. It very challenging to make such movies. The story has to be good to make it work.

Some past JB movies flop I think it is like what I said it became too cliché. Ppl watching it knows what is going to happen next.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1