2022 Acura Integra

Carbon82

@kobayashiGT I am actually more excited by this version, than the China Civic with a different badge. Hopefully it will be a big success in the US and eventually wear a Honda badge for the rest of the world.

2023-Acura-Integra.jpg

2023-Acura-Integra-1.jpg

Acura announced that the upcoming Integra will have a “sleek five-door design” in a new teaser. The company said it will reveal more details closer to its debut in 2022. Along with the description of the car, it released an image of the sporty compact bathed in heavy shadows along with a short video of an engine revving.

It also showed us an image of the 1986 Integra RS 5-Door, which helped launch the popular model line. (And this is the Integra in my memory, something unlike any others during that era)

1986-Acura-Integra-RS-5-Door.jpg

Acura was previously coy about revealing any details on the shape of the new Integra, giving media a firm “no comment” whenever asked. When it announced the model’s return in August, the automaker referred to it as a “compact premium car” and revealed a liftback body style via a drone demonstration.

E8pJR5KUYAAx29c.jpg

E8pJR-KVkAYlpaW.jpg

“The Integra is back,” vice president and Acura Brand Officer Jon Ikeda said in a statement in August. “I’m thrilled to say Integra is returning to the Acura lineup with the same fun-to-drive spirit and DNA of the original, fulfilling our commitment to Precision Crafted Performance in every way – design, performance, and the overall driving experience.”

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 15

Not holding my breath with Honda's recent attempts at making a thoroughly sporty model. New NSX didn't sell well, Civic Type R not doing that well globally either. 

I'm thinking this could be just a fast backed Civic with sportier styling. Mechanicals same as global Civic. 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

Internal Moderator

28 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

@kobayashiGT I am actually more excited by this version, than the China Civic with a different badge. Hopefully it will be a big success in the US and eventually wear a Honda badge for the rest of the world.

2023-Acura-Integra.jpg

2023-Acura-Integra-1.jpg

Acura announced that the upcoming Integra will have a “sleek five-door design” in a new teaser. The company said it will reveal more details closer to its debut in 2022. Along with the description of the car, it released an image of the sporty compact bathed in heavy shadows along with a short video of an engine revving.

It also showed us an image of the 1986 Integra RS 5-Door, which helped launch the popular model line. (And this is the Integra in my memory, something unlike any others during that era)

Acura was previously coy about revealing any details on the shape of the new Integra, giving media a firm “no comment” whenever asked. When it announced the model’s return in August, the automaker referred to it as a “compact premium car” and revealed a liftback body style via a drone demonstration.

E8pJR5KUYAAx29c.jpg

E8pJR-KVkAYlpaW.jpg

“The Integra is back,” vice president and Acura Brand Officer Jon Ikeda said in a statement in August. “I’m thrilled to say Integra is returning to the Acura lineup with the same fun-to-drive spirit and DNA of the original, fulfilling our commitment to Precision Crafted Performance in every way – design, performance, and the overall driving experience.”

I am also more interested in this one! No picture yet leh.  hahaha.

• Haha! 1

2023-Acura-Integra-1.jpg

image.png.2b35455a06f6fbdc5e096226b7884dd5.png

On 10/1/2021 at 2:25 PM, Carbon82 said:

2023-Acura-Integra.jpg

2023-Acura-Integra-1.jpg

E8pJR5KUYAAx29c.jpg

E8pJR-KVkAYlpaW.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 10/1/2021 at 2:48 PM, Lethalstrike said:

Not holding my breath with Honda's recent attempts at making a thoroughly sporty model. New NSX didn't sell well, Civic Type R not doing that well globally either. 

I'm thinking this could be just a fast backed Civic with sportier styling. Mechanicals same as global Civic. 

If I am Honda management, I will want to create a big bang with the reintroduction of Integra, by mean as a powerful EV. 

Honestly NA engine is dead with almost all manufacturers adopting small TC setup (just look at all Conti and Korean car manufacturers). And now that sales of EV has started to overtake ICE model, if Honda don't grab the opportunity to lead in compact sport EV segment, they may be gone sooner than we thought (among 7 Japanese auto manufacturers, only Suzuki and Honda - san the retro looking Honda E had not embark on EV route for their main stream model). 

On 10/1/2021 at 4:00 PM, Heartbreakid said:

@Lethalstrike  The "Wow" factor of the Japanese makers are gone.

It is no surprise since the rest of the world started playing catch up, while the once leading Japanese remains stagnant... 

On 10/1/2021 at 10:40 PM, Arogab said:

Me and Honda.....没缘分😬

I had 3 Honda in a row from 2001 to 2012, starting with ES Civic, RN Stream and RT Crossroad. 

Can tell that the built quality is on the decline from the 1st to 3rd Honda. 

On 10/3/2021 at 8:57 PM, Jamesc said:

2023-Acura-Integra-1.jpg

image.png.2b35455a06f6fbdc5e096226b7884dd5.png

That's my first impression when I saw the sexy butt of the new Integra. Hope the actual car look even better. 

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

On 10/16/2021 at 10:02 AM, Lala81 said:

It's probably just the acura TLX type S in a different form.

The TLX is a class / size higher than the Civic-sized Integra, but you may be right that underneath the skin, both are mechanically related.

BTW, the TLX look so much better than the Accord we are getting here. 

acura_tlx_a-spec_54_079207ce10500c33.jpg

acura_tlx_a-spec_13_05a707da14500d82.jpg

• Praise 7

So it's finally been revealed: https://www.thedrive.com/news/43106/2023-acura-integra-1-5l-turbo-luxury-touches-and-a-manual-gearbox-for-around-30k

image.thumb.png.298924550680e591b42a738e19175296.png

Can't say I'm all that psyched since the styling kinda falls flat for me. It's nice they still offer it with a manual though, but overall it looks more like a souped-up Accord than following in the lineage of previous Integras. What do y'all think?

Edited by enzoalec92
Added missing adjective
  • Praise 1

Acura-Integra_Concept-2021-1600-05.jpg

Acura-Integra_Concept-2021-1600-06.jpg

Acura-Integra_Concept-2021-1600-01.jpg

Acura-Integra_Concept-2021-1600-03.jpg

Acura-Integra_Concept-2021-1600-02.jpg

Like the first-generation Integra from 1986, the Prototype will take the form of a liftback sedan, though clearly modernized with current Acura styling cues. That means LED headlamps with chicane-shaped signature lighting bookending an angular “Diamond Pentagon” grille up front. Sweeping taillights with a notched internal design appear on either side of an aggressive fastback rear hatch. A crisp line rises from the front wheel arch, cutting through the front door and giving the profile some aggression without ruining the Integra’s clean design. The front and rear bumpers also get retro-inspired “INTEGRA” logos embossed into the plastic.

Inspired by past Integras, including the original that helped launch the Acura brand in 1986, the 2023 Integra will become the new gateway performance model in the Acura lineup, a premium sport compact with an evocative five-door design and fun-to-drive spirit. The first-ever factory-turbocharged Integra will excite a new generation of enthusiast drivers with an available six-speed manual transmission, limited slip differential and high-output 1.5-liter engine, with VTEC® of course.

• Praise 6

15 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

what~!!!!!! 4 door? hahahaha. no no no. I cannot accept this. ahhahahaha

Ironically, my favorite Integra was the 1st gen 5 door model. :wub: :wub:

honda_quint_integra_gsi_5-door_2.jpg

honda_quint_integra_gsi_5-door_3.jpg

The 3 door version (not sold here) somewhat do not look as sleek as the 5 door version, imo.

honda_quint_integra_gsi_3-door_1_4.jpg

15 hours ago, inlinesix said:

603DCFC3-1410-47D2-9CEA-E2CB3D25D712.jpeg

This 2nd generation Integra was not sold here. Strange as all other 3 gen were brought in both my KM and PIs. Or maybe this gen look too much like the EF Civic.

honda_civic_35xt_limited_edition.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8
  • Haha! 2