2022 2nd Generation BMW 2 Series Active Tourer

Carbon82

Is it just me, but I am seeing a B-Class body with a face from BMW... 

2022-BMW-2-Active-Tourer-Leak.jpg

2022-BMW-2-Series-Active-Tourer-Scoop-15

This is the new B-Class I am referring to:

12404_g3_b.jpg

12404_g67_b.jpg

Stay tuned for more info... 

• Praise 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 4

Wah lan eh, not every BMW model can carry off the big nostril look leh. X5, X6, X7 can do it as its all about the proportions with the rest of the car.

But 2 series? And I've thought they learnt their lesson with 4 series. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Soya said:

BMW nostrils getting bigger & bigger

Not covid safe.....

Or you can also say that it is because of COVID-19 that the nostrils are getting larger... Because of routine swab test! :D :D

0x0.jpg

49 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Wah lan eh, not every BMW model can carry off the big nostril look leh. X5, X6, X7 can do it as its all about the proportions with the rest of the car.

But 2 series? And I've thought they learnt their lesson with 4 series. 

Monkey see monkey do. First with Audi, than Lexus, Mercedes, Jaguar and heck, even Hyundai has super big grill too! So how can BMW lose out in this contest for the biggest nostril... :D:D

audi_a3_sportback_30_tdi_s_line_752_0e87

lexus_ct_200h_49.jpg

mercedes-amg_gla_35_4matic_41_052005040a

jaguar_e-pace_8_092006e10da40a37.jpg

hyundai_i30_sedan_elite_5_036a020712f90e

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 7

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Or you can also say that it is because of COVID-19 that the nostrils are getting larger... Because of routine swab test! :D :D

0x0.jpg

Monkey see monkey do. First with Audi, than Lexus, Mercedes, Jaguar and heck, even Hyundai has super big grill too! So how can BMW lose out in this contest for the biggest nostril... :D:D

audi_a3_sportback_30_tdi_s_line_752_0e87

lexus_ct_200h_49.jpg

mercedes-amg_gla_35_4matic_41_052005040a

jaguar_e-pace_8_092006e10da40a37.jpg

hyundai_i30_sedan_elite_5_036a020712f90e

Its about finding visual coherence with the rest of the design elements up front. Can't be everything looked small and then just stuck 2 big nostrils up front. I think BMW is quite screwed as they are tied to the kidney grilles, there is a limit to how much they can elongate it and stretch it around to make sure it's visually balanced. All the examples you shown here had matured as they aren't limited to the design language of BMW's kidney grille, they can be big and in trapezoid, rectangle etc to work well with the rest of the elements in front. They need creativity and design flair to come out with something which works for them, then just enlarging grille everytime. 😅

• Praise 2

Full official details of these drivetrains are yet to be confirmed, however insider reports suggest the 223i will pair an updated, 149kW version of BMW’s 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol four-cylinder (codenamed ‘B48 TU2’) with a dual-clutch automatic transmission and mild-hybrid technology.

Meanwhile, the 230e xDrive could mate a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol three-cylinder with an electric motor for a total of 201kW – though the hybrid isn’t due to enter production until July 2022, eight months after the first Active Tourer variants (namely the 218i, 220i, 223i and 220d) roll off the assembly line.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/2022-bmw-2-series-active-tourer-leaked/

Judging by the rising COE price, PML might look to bring in CAT A engine instead.. If 218i exceed 130hp again, then it will be the miserably detuned 109hp unit from current 216i again.

• Haha! 1

They should follow Merc strategy: B180 coming in at 122bhp, just nice of below 130bhp to CAT B. B200 is a whopping $45000 difference from B180, which takes into account of CAT B COE.

7 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Is it just me, but I am seeing a B-Class body with a face from BMW... 

2022-BMW-2-Active-Tourer-Leak.jpg

Stay tuned for more info... 

Somehow, this look reminds me of a capybara...

• Haha! 3

56 minutes ago, Spring said:

This German guy has all the facts n figures at the tip of his tongue👍

the front engine bonnet looks a bit short...maybe just me..[laugh]

Edited by Spidey10

On 10/5/2021 at 3:35 PM, iamahbee said:

Somehow, this look reminds me of a capybara...

Hi pal, really fit to a T (the nose and mouth) :D:D

bmw_223i_active_tourer_luxury_line_61_05

56427776-illustrated-portrait-of-capybar

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4