Two SIA A380s Towed To Changi Exhibition Centre to Be Scrapped

Fitvip

Turbocharged
52 minutes ago, happy_man said:

Ever since I 1st flew on an A380, I won't wanna board a Boeing any more.

It's not about that, if you have worked with both sides' engineers. You will find the European engineers and the US engineers have different traits and you will want to sit in Airbus😁 

↡ Advertisement

31 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

CEC is now a chop shop?

:D

Can chop and make an A380SP or not?

Maybe ask your MIL, she is probably quite good at chopping. 

image.thumb.png.3b9cf7007013f18cf7b1ed278e2fe214.png

Edited by Macrosszero
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
24 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Airplane topic also MIL comes out. This must be MIL of the century man. And @Jamesc is the SIL of the century😄

• Haha! 4

I'm gonna miss this grand dame.

I'll always try to book a flight on the A380 if there is one serving the route I'm taking.

Unparalleled smooth take-off and landing, almost non-existent turbulence, not to mention the quietness of the cabin.

Ironically the only class i've not tried was premium economy but their economy class was very comfy and more spacious than other planes. 

Sad to see it go.

• Praise 4

6 hours ago, Sosaria said:

And if you pump out the air in the cabin and depressurize it to the amount usually experienced during cruising flight....... can re-create the mile-high club feeling [laugh]

Or have a bit of nitrogen.... 

Will have similar effect😅

6 hours ago, Blueray said:

yes, the 840am departure one.

Wah... 

You work for CAAS or SQ is it? 

Still can remember the timing of departure after 1.5 years 😂

• Haha! 3

40 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Wah... 

You work for CAAS or SQ is it? 

Still can remember the timing of departure after 1.5 years 😂

haha, no lah, taken that flight a few times to HK.

the next departure from Changi is 10am and that is usually an A350, also a very nice plane to sit in. 

• Praise 3

6 hours ago, sake said:

fond memories......

IMG-20161211-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20161211-WA0014.jpg

Such lovely faces 😁

Ahemmm...so how was it like feeling the love in the air? Mustank ask one 😜

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
22 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Such lovely faces 😁

Ahemmm...so how was it like feeling the love in the air? Mustank ask one 😜

err.... that's my wife and daughter.

Edited by sake
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 6

16 hours ago, Arogab said:

Airplane topic also MIL comes out. This must be MIL of the century man. And @Jamesc is the SIL of the century😄

Jamesc cannot live without his mil! 

Whenever there are any landslides, he will think of his mil; any sink hole, he will think of his mil; any slippery tyres, he will think of his mil' any fire hazards, he will think of his mil... The list is endless. It show how concerned he is of his mil's safety!🤐

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Jamesc cannot live without his mil! 

Whenever there are any landslides, he will think of his mil; any sink hole, he will think of his mil; any slippery tyres, he will think of his mil' any fire hazards, he will think of his mil... The list is endless. It show how concerned he is of his mil's safety!🤐

Yeah, any brakes not working, he think of his MIL, any Covid, he think of his MIL......Any blah blah blah, it's his MIL😅

But he also think of the Jap MM woh😋

• Haha! 2

17 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

The 747SP was a special limited edition model built specifically for the needs of ....... Iranian airlines.

In those days before the ayatollah, Iran was a west-leaning country under the dictatorial shah.

So not surprisingly, they shopped at Boeing. They needed an aircraft that could handle "hot and high" airports such as those in Iran (high temperature, high altitude = low air density, less lift).

The solution was this shortened 747 that could handle the demanding operating conditions, at the sacrifice of payload (but the routes it needed to fly did not have such a high passenger load anyway).

I believe South Africa airlines operated this type also (Johannesburg is a high-altitude airport).

A very unique aircraft from the not-so-recent past!

There were also weird 747 variations like the "Classic" that was built to carry a 5th engine pod. Also the "Combi" version with a cabin that could quickly convert from full pax version to half-pax, half-cargo version.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 3

Twincharged
19 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Almost took one A380 JAL to Haneda Airport in 2018 when going for holidays to Hokkaido.....  :we-all-gonna-die:

JAL change plane to 777 during check-in stating that A380 techinical problem. Received free domestic flight tickets and free upgrade to premium-economy on return flight.  [:)]

on SQ tan ku ku for any upgrade or free tickets for a change of planes. i remember only got some freebie (maybe a travel plug) when the plane was delayed due to a technical fault.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Blueray said:

haha, no lah, taken that flight a few times to HK.

the next departure from Changi is 10am and that is usually an A350, also a very nice plane to sit in. 

If go HK, i would not take such a late timing flight. Lol. Usually i would opt for flight around 8am.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1