Two SIA A380s Towed To Changi Exhibition Centre to Be Scrapped

Fitvip

49 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

8.00am means you have to be at airport by 6.30 ~ 7.00 am. (doing home self check-in). If not, have to be at the airport at 6.00 am

Still have to wakes up around 5.00 am ....  [sleeping]

If take flight before 8am, usually only sleep around 3 hours, cause scare wait overslept. Usually go holiday more like torture than enjoy, cause always need to wake up early for preparation and then go airport. Furthermore i stay far from airport. Yawns.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

SQ where got so good, did upgrades? Even the plane is quite empty, dont think they would do upgrade. I remember i flew on SQ from SIN-PEK on Jan where the flight was quite empty due to not many people would go to PEK during that month. They also never offered to upgrade me from economy to premium le? Lol. 

When empty, that's precisely when they don't upgrade.

Mine, one time only, was purely because they were overbooked. They asked us first to take one flight later but we refused as we'd need an "after midnight" taxi to get home. So, then they upgraded me and left my wife and son in economy.......sorry, not SQ left them behind, I did, of course 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

6 minutes ago, Blueray said:

yes, but upper deck economy class configuration (version 1) ended many years ago when the planes were either taken out of service or when they were refurbished to version 3 (the one with soft lighting). so now economic bee hoon people all sit lower deck. 

So upper deck is for what class de? Premium and business?

39 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

think suaku me, never took a380 before.

my first A380 was on Qantas to Sydney. they had 2 or 3 stations with biscuits and Coke (small can). free flow. and their A380s were fitted with external cams, one at tail and one at landing gear.

4 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Hahah, to HKG is easy. No different from leaving here in the morning and driving to Klang or Subang and having a first lunch meeting. The return to SIN is more of a problem so I always take the isle on same row.

I think I only managed an economy class seat once on the upper deck no matter how hard I tried, then they updated the layout and I was stuffed. Could, then, only get upstairs on Thai.

Some A330 are okay, sure, mostly just a bit tired but the TG ones are worse.

A330s are a bit tired but I like the 2 - 4 - 2 configuration. if sit window seat and need to go toilet very easy.

dunno is it me but my impression is Airbus soundproofing better than Boeing ? [laugh]

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

ya lor. high ses tickets like suites, business etc. 

46 minutes ago, Blueray said:

ya, i got bored with A380 after a few times cos food service is on the slow side with so many pax. a few times i tried the vegan meals to experience something new and faster meal service.

so been on the original version 1 A380 and the refurbished version 3 (I think) A380.

for CX I actually prefer the A330. Seats are actually pretty comfortable. My last trip was on a 24yo A330. [:p]

SQ and CX A350 seats very little cushion, guess weight cutting lor.

I have also trained my bladder to tahan for the entire trip. [laugh]

No good to hold your bladder for the entire trip. Going for toilet break is also the time for you to do some walking and stretching lo.

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Maybe yours is delayed flight and not change of plane.

Myself was paid tickets for A380 fare but flown on B777. (inclusive of return flight on B777)

That's why JAL :a-m1212:

Twice travel to Hokkaido by JAL

mine was SQ. even change plane also never will have anything. thats why i say tan ku ku.

United airlines lagi worse. they cancelled the flight due to a tech fault and just ask you to F off, this happened  i was in SFO. had to find my own accommodations for the night and then claim travel insurance. the unlucky part was that on the onward journey to SFO earlier that week the flight on United from Narita was cancelled due to the Asiana Airline plane hitting the tail  while landing in SFO. I had to spend a night at a hotel near narita. my worst travel to date. 2 major delays in one trip.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No good to hold your bladder for the entire trip. Going for toilet break is also the time for you to do some walking and stretching lo.

its ok lah. my routine is to empty bladder before boarding.

re-hydrate mid flight.

so once reach destination airport just nice. [laugh]

• Haha! 2

29 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Later versions was Business Class upstairs.

Suites was at the front of the lower deck, then balance was premium economy and economy.

• Praise 4

11 minutes ago, Blueray said:

its ok lah. my routine is to empty bladder before boarding.

re-hydrate mid flight.

so once reach destination airport just nice. [laugh]

Same same.

• Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, 13177 said:

@13177 Lao deng is Biz class in front and small economy cabin behind.

Suites is lao ka at front and premium + lots of econ seats behind [:p]

Edited by Old-driver
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
2 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Later versions was Business Class upstairs.

Suites was at the front of the lower deck, then balance was premium economy and economy.

yeah. missed sitting on the top deck in econ.

Twincharged
3 minutes ago, Old-driver said:

@13177 Lao deng is Biz class in front and small economy cabin behind.

Suites is lao ka at front and lots of econ seats behind [:p]

this one is the old config. 1st Gen. i think they changed it also cause too many econ pax walk up and down the stairs. 😁

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

this one is the old config. 1st Gen.

Yeah you're right.... i'm referring to V1.

SQ still got the later versions which we don't have the chance to sit upstairs in econ class

Edited by Old-driver
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

this one is the old config. 1st Gen. i think they changed it also cause too many econ pax walk up and down the stairs. 😁

Yeah, SQ even roped off the rear stairways at the bottom to block the upper floor.

I noticed TG did the same at the front staircase with economy on the whole lower deck and First at the front upstairs. I never saw if they did anything with the rear staircase because they also have/had a small economy section behind the upper deck business class.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Yeah, SQ even roped off the rear stairways at the bottom to block the upper floor.

I noticed TG did the same at the front staircase with economy on the whole lower deck and First at the front upstairs. I never saw if they did anything with the rear staircase because they also have/had a small economy section behind the upper deck business class.

did TG A380s fly to SG ?

Twincharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

SQ where got so good, did upgrades? Even the plane is quite empty, dont think they would do upgrade. I remember i flew on SQ from SIN-PEK on Jan where the flight was quite empty due to not many people would go to PEK during that month. They also never offered to upgrade me from economy to premium le? Lol. 

1 hour ago, bsswan said:

When empty, that's precisely when they don't upgrade.

Mine, one time only, was purely because they were overbooked. They asked us first to take one flight later but we refused as we'd need an "after midnight" taxi to get home. So, then they upgraded me and left my wife and son in economy.......sorry, not SQ left them behind, I did, of course 😁

for trips to Japan, we usually take Biz.

once we could only get 2 seats in Biz so wife took 1st Class. she was the only passenger in 1st. 

they did not upgrade daughter and i.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2