MOH temporarily disables Ask Jamie chatbot after 'misaligned replies'

Tohto

8 hours ago, Tohto said:

Not sure is this share here 😅😅

Netizens tickled as chatbot on MOH site gives out safe sex advice when asked about Covid-19
https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/covid-19-confused-with-safe-sex-by-ask-jamie-chatbot-on-mohs-website

IMG-20211004-WA0050.jpg

@Jamesc heng ah u use live chat only! very personalized and sure don have such issue! Call 1-800 -2911-SEX! whahahahahahha..

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

@Jamesc heng ah u use live chat only! very personalized and sure don have such issue! Call 1-800 -2911-SEX! whahahahahahha..

I don't give stupid answers one!

Their algorithm is daughter tested positive so automatically answer daughter pregnant lah!

:D

It's not that nice Jamie it's the idiot programer that wrote the program.

Must be some geeky nerd that don't know anything about sex.

• Haha! 3

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/moh-ask-jamie-covid-19-query-social-media-2222571

image.png.503d058cace3c35ce590d4e602487299.png

SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Health (MOH) said on Tuesday (Oct 5) that it has temporarily disabled a chatbot on its website after it provided "misaligned replies". 

The ministry's response comes after screenshots circulating on social media showed virtual assistant Ask Jamie answering a COVID-19 related question with an answer about safe sex.

The photo shows a user asking the chatbot: "My daughter tested COVID-19 positive what should I do?"

The chatbot replied: "You should practice safe sex through the correct and consistent use of condoms, or abstinence, for at least the whole duration of your female partner's pregnancy."

In response to CNA's queries, MOH said it has disabled the chatbot function "to allow us to conduct a thorough system check and work on improvements". 

It added that if members of the public have any queries about COVID-19, they may refer to www.covid.gov.sg. 

Virtual assistant Ask Jamie, which was conceptualised in 2014, has been implemented across 70 government agency websites.

According to GovTech Singapore, such technology helps to provide "direct responses" to people who prefer to search for information online. In turn, manpower can also be re-directed to handle more complex queries and issues, it said.

"Ask Jamie taps on its Natural Language Processing (NLP) engine to understand the questions posed by the public and responds with an appropriate answer," said GovTech on its website.

"When an answer entails multiple permutations, Ask Jamie can be trained to ask follow-on questions to refine the answer to one relevant to the user’s query."

• Haha! 9

6 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Knn,  where are all the humans?  Can we have the humans back?  -_-

Wait they put a ceca to answer the call, then more difficult to understand.. like 鸡同鸭讲.

• Haha! 8

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Wait they put a ceca to answer the call, then more difficult to understand.. like 鸡同鸭讲.

I think they put a Ceca to write the AI program lah

What is happening to Singapore?😥

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
43 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/moh-ask-jamie-covid-19-query-social-media-2222571

image.png.503d058cace3c35ce590d4e602487299.png

SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Health (MOH) said on Tuesday (Oct 5) that it has temporarily disabled a chatbot on its website after it provided "misaligned replies". 

The ministry's response comes after screenshots circulating on social media showed virtual assistant Ask Jamie answering a COVID-19 related question with an answer about safe sex.

The photo shows a user asking the chatbot: "My daughter tested COVID-19 positive what should I do?"

The chatbot replied: "You should practice safe sex through the correct and consistent use of condoms, or abstinence, for at least the whole duration of your female partner's pregnancy."

In response to CNA's queries, MOH said it has disabled the chatbot function "to allow us to conduct a thorough system check and work on improvements". 

It added that if members of the public have any queries about COVID-19, they may refer to www.covid.gov.sg. 

Virtual assistant Ask Jamie, which was conceptualised in 2014, has been implemented across 70 government agency websites.

According to GovTech Singapore, such technology helps to provide "direct responses" to people who prefer to search for information online. In turn, manpower can also be re-directed to handle more complex queries and issues, it said.

"Ask Jamie taps on its Natural Language Processing (NLP) engine to understand the questions posed by the public and responds with an appropriate answer," said GovTech on its website.

"When an answer entails multiple permutations, Ask Jamie can be trained to ask follow-on questions to refine the answer to one relevant to the user’s query."

Did they use this jaime instead?

• Haha! 2

All available manpower go to the efforts of helping to fight covid. Who is going to man this "Jamie"?

But it is funny. "Jamie" is telling the father to practice safe sex.

If I am the father I will continue with the chat....."Dear Jamie, can you demonstrate...?"

• Haha! 3

50 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

actually Jamie is right:yuush:

if you are positive full ppe required including CD :grin:

This will work against COVID-19. 😁

condom-fullbodycondom.gif

• Haha! 5