Singapore 'soul searching' over economy as COVID surges

steveluv

Don't be mistaken. For the common man, re-opening is not going to improve our current lives in any way.

Yes, maybe can breathe a bit easier. Maybe can eat out as a family again. Maybe can even go overseas holiday.

But make no mistake. The things we could afford and couldn't afford pre-COVID are still going to be the same. Might even be worse now what with all the supply chain crunches worldwide.

Yet for the sake of re-opening ALL OF US are at an increased risk of contracting COVID. Don't be fooled by talk of mild symptoms, home recovery blah blah. COVID is COVID, and getting it means a risk of spreading to family and friends. It means a potential to die, even if the chance is 0.001%. Not to mention the unknown long term effects.

Just my 1 cent.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

@Playtime GCT sounded the alarm a little too late, albeit that it wasn't pleasantly received.

The reality is there is NO Proper Team! Someone needed a long runway, but another's taxi way seems winding...

No team... because no intention to leave... too many side quest maybe. Until the main game neglected. 

Basically.....

155810h0cj0njtdsbnwgwq.jpg

• Haha! 4

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Looks like High Risk is badly managed. Another potential timebomb.

hello...... kpi is 5k or 10k leh, no achieve very no face one leh, have to come out say not unexpected again 🤦‍♂️

• Haha! 2

Economy re-opening but business is bad with people staying away and the unpredictability of open/close due to lack of manpower, the effects of random workers catching covid left-right-centre.

Dine-in cut to 2 per table but then looks like no change to the increase in cases. Might as well have kept it to 5, because now cut to 2, there is no excuse in the near future to raise back to 5, based on the case numbers.

It's like long drawn out ordeal to closure for these businesses.

Might as well have closed for 2-3 weeks earlier for proper lockdown, now can open properly.

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Fitvip said:

@Playtime GCT sounded the alarm a little too late, albeit that it wasn't pleasantly received.

The reality is there is NO Proper Team! Someone needed a long runway, but another's taxi way seems winding...

There's a saying, the abrupt US departure and "handover" to the Taliban in Afghanistan was a smoother transition than 3G PAP handover to 4G PAP. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
14 hours ago, Albeniz said:

No problem, no problem.  Do not be unduly worried.

We have 15  "best available persons for the job" now holding top public service positions.  We are in very safe hands and they will be able to  guide us through this turmoil.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/15-former-senior-saf-officers-now-top-public-servants-best-available-persons-job-chan-chun

Together, we shall emerge stronger.

best.png

Many years ago, I do not mind them having those people from the Senior SAF. Naturally, they award people with scholarship and these people serve NS and naturally goes up the ladder. But they should also have these people come out to the industries to expose themselves and understand the grounds so that they know about the industry and what to do on the ground. Not sit up there and shout. CCS naturally become one of them but only gain his popularity for being Singaporean like when his talk leaks I suppose. We just need more people on the ground to understand us and serve us. Not getting high salary and do without understanding what is happening out there

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
59 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Economy re-opening but business is bad with people staying away and the unpredictability of open/close due to lack of manpower, the effects of random workers catching covid left-right-centre.

Dine-in cut to 2 per table but then looks like no change to the increase in cases. Might as well have kept it to 5, because now cut to 2, there is no excuse in the near future to raise back to 5, based on the case numbers.

It's like long drawn out ordeal to closure for these businesses.

Might as well have closed for 2-3 weeks earlier for proper lockdown, now can open properly.

My expectation of re-opening is that people will come to our country and economy will prosper from that. It is not open and now people say, "Better don't go to Singapore, they have lots of infection there". 

It makes no sense. Anyway, before they blow, I have mentioned in the other thread. "By the time many people get infected, the numbers will drop as those people who are prone to be infected would have already been infected and those who are not will continue to stay protected by themselves". I am not god, I read and understand. It happen to Indonesia, It happen to Thailand and India. But what happen, they suffer. Isreal was another example when they get vaccinated and then suddenly the surge. 

What I am questioning now is why are we suffering the fear of people not wanting to come due to many people infected. No purpose and I suppose not enough of planning then say “We did not expect the surge to come so early" and all the bloody excuses

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Funniest quite from that article is this 

Furthermore, these officers also have “valuable experience in working with, understanding, motivating and winning the confidence… of Singaporeans from all walks of life”

Surprised this can be said with a perfectly straight face.

Ga gi kong. ga gi song. 

• Haha! 3

25 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

There's a saying, the abrupt US departure and "handover" to the Taliban in Afghanistan was a smoother transition than 3G PAP handover to 4G PAP. 

You sure going to have transition to 4g meh? 

There's always tech bypass from 3g to 5g straight away. Oh I am talking about mobile phone network. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 3

24 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

You sure going to have transition to 4g meh? 

There's always tech bypass from 3g to 5g straight away. Oh I am talking about mobile phone network. 

It could be straight to 6g

13 hours ago, Ender said:

Take away sign extra, eknna charged, go DB, do they still have the confidence to lead and motivate?

To be fair, some yes some no, but why do i see more NOs then YESes.  I must be wrong, they are right, they are always right. Yes Sir!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Different branches of the same supermarkets practise differently too. Some are manned, others are not.

Pasir Ris wet market is still fully manned. Bendemeer Road hacker centre previously was not cordoned off. Now it is, but without being manned. 

The 2 SS I visit always has staff at the entrance to make sure TT is tap.

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Proven wrong by alumi Ng Chee Meng. Got booted out of Sengkang 😂

wanna bet he will sneak in via another GRC next ge?

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, boonhat_91 said:

Don't be mistaken. For the common man, re-opening is not going to improve our current lives in any way.

Yes, maybe can breathe a bit easier. Maybe can eat out as a family again. Maybe can even go overseas holiday.

But make no mistake. The things we could afford and couldn't afford pre-COVID are still going to be the same. Might even be worse now what with all the supply chain crunches worldwide.

Yet for the sake of re-opening ALL OF US are at an increased risk of contracting COVID. Don't be fooled by talk of mild symptoms, home recovery blah blah. COVID is COVID, and getting it means a risk of spreading to family and friends. It means a potential to die, even if the chance is 0.001%. Not to mention the unknown long term effects.

Just my 1 cent.

One of the more objective posts on the current situation...

Upz this post...upz upz...

Upz...oh shit is this hardware zone forum? [:p]

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

The 2 SS I visit always has staff at the entrance to make sure TT is tap.

SS yes. Giant, yes and no.

4 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Been saying this many time. If we want to do lockdown or restrictions  or control  the spread. Do a good, strict  and thoroughly 1. Then open up properly.  If not dun do at all 

A 1/2 plus  6 measure that drag for months and months is slowly bleeding the ppl to death only.

↡ Advertisement