Cat B COE continues upward rise, and supply for upcoming quarter expected to shrink significantly

awhtc

3 hours ago, Ahpan said:

l

7 hours ago, Littlewhitei said:

@Phang 

GLA? I recall that's what my SE told me early last month on the next shipment. 

Hopefully my ride can arrive in Dec/Jan as promised lol. 

fingers crossed for u bro.

my toes and fingers all crossed for mine.

been waiting for so long liao lol

↡ Advertisement

1 minute ago, benoit16 said:

fingers crossed for u bro.

my toes and fingers all crossed for mine.

been waiting for so long liao lol

Waiting for it eagerly.. COE already locked up last month. Lol

8 hours ago, benoit16 said:

it's Cat B. first time I hear also haha but confirmed since my TCOE will expire in mid Nov

Why would CnC book COE when car is not in Singapore warehouse? there are more potential hiccup than supply chain issue or chipset. like recent suez canal blockage, ship sink, riot etc. no risk management? 

10 minutes ago, D3badge said:

Why would CnC book COE when car is not in Singapore warehouse? there are more potential hiccup than supply chain issue or chipset. like recent suez canal blockage, ship sink, riot etc. no risk management? 

beats me bro. haha think they didn't expect such a long delay for my batch of orders. my original delivery date was much earlier too at the point of signing.

On 10/21/2021 at 4:30 PM, kobayashiGT said:

I copy and paste from a grp chat one. And yah. who is CLSA? hahahaha.

Don't say who is CLSA, though 200k may sound ridiculous, 120k COE is possible, let's wait for a few quarter and see what will happen.  

Edited by Ct3833

On 10/21/2021 at 9:53 PM, Ct3833 said:

Sad? Look at AD's margin, they are making average 20k to 50k per car depending on the brand and model, some  are making even more. If their business are so suck thumb, they would have closed  shop  like the restaurants recently.  The fact that they are sticking around even during  the lull COE period meaning there is good profit for them to be made again, though  maybe not now.  No one will be sad in the car eco system in SGP. ADs are happily making profit, government  are happily collecting COE revenue,  rich buyers are happily driving new cars. Unhappy ones are those who could not afford to buy  new cars, those who didnt manage to secure a car dealership, but these people are not in the car eco  system.

Someone prove me wrong please.🤣🤣 

Err … the cat A CAT B is already a tax upon tax of import tax of 2.25 times of the car omv n you unhappy about the margin for AD 😂 

AD provide all the events for buyers of their cars n nice cafe .. all need money ..

of course some AD have a coffee machine that looks n taste like Rochor canal water .. but I digress .

And the commission of the Sales also need to be included as well as the training Center that they invest in.

so 20k to 50k is very little money 

• Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Don't say who is CLSA, though 200k may sound ridiculous, 120k COE is possible, let's wait for a few quarter and see what will happen.  

Yup in dec1994 it’s was 110k and car prices were much much higher then. 
ARF was 150% regardless of OMV. 

Edited by Mkl22

16 hours ago, benoit16 said:

beats me bro. haha think they didn't expect such a long delay for my batch of orders. my original delivery date was much earlier too at the point of signing.

They needed to show the principal that they were serious in selling and clocking the sale. I guess they could also predict that quota volumes will soon shrink and so better try to get as many orders and lock in for 2021. 

17 hours ago, benoit16 said:

any you contract state you buy this car at this price so whatever happen to your COE their problem I guess cause they jump the gun booking COE 1st

21 hours ago, Phang said:

I made enquiry for two models

both next year delivery 

I ended up buying one from PI, ex-stock

GLB is also a 6-9 months wait for now.

Although i see some PI have existing stocks too.

Edited by Jumpmanz
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

They needed to show the principal that they were serious in selling and clocking the sale. I guess they could also predict that quota volumes will soon shrink and so better try to get as many orders and lock in for 2021. 

Yea haha actually for my case think they underestimated the rise in COE haha not just in securing the COE but also the car pricing then. 

42 minutes ago, D3badge said:

any you contract state you buy this car at this price so whatever happen to your COE their problem I guess cause they jump the gun booking COE 1st

yea.. just first time waiting so long for car haha previous rides were max 3 months for delivery from booking vs current case of 7 months and counting.

We shall bid on the beaches,

we shall bid on the landing grounds,

we shall bid in the fields and in the streets,

we shall bid in the hills;

we shall never give up bidding,

until they trample over our dead bodies.

• Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Ho2786 said:

We shall bid on the beaches,

we shall bid on the landing grounds,

we shall bid in the fields and in the streets,

we shall bid in the hills;

we shall never give up bidding,

until they trample over our dead bodies.

Bro, the moment we bid, we become their slave

• Praise 1

flood prevention need $100B

covid recovery need $100B

no $200B no talk ... buy buy buy .... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 10/22/2021 at 7:32 PM, Mustank said:

Don’t buy so that he can buy :XD:

this trick last time school people always do :XD:

The writer may not always be correct.  The demands for Cat B, D and E are high and quotas are still being reduced.  2021 to 2023 will be tough years for non-luxury car dealers.

Motor Mouth: Fools rush in

PUBLISHED APR 23, 2021, 5:10 PM SGT

In my view, the single most understated contributor is consumer gullibility.

People are naturally afraid of losing out and fear prices rising further. This explains why long queues are a recurring phenomenon and why rising property prices tend to fuel demand.

Most recently, car dealers have been telling potential buyers that new emission penalties kicking in from July will raise prices of many bigger and more powerful models.

With all the other demand-churning reasons in place, this fear of having to pay more soon triggered the recent rush for COEs.

Ironically, the rush has driven prices far higher than what the imminent emission penalties would.

This irony is clearly lost on consumers. Or it is clouded by another fear - that the shrinking COE supply will keep pushing prices up.

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/motoring/motor-mouth-fools-rush-in

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, awhtc said:

The writer may not always be correct.  The demands for Cat B, D and E are high and quotas are still being reduced.  2021 to 2023 will be tough years for non-luxury car dealers.

People are naturally afraid of losing out and fear prices rising further. This explains why long queues are a recurring phenomenon and why rising property prices tend to fuel demand.

Most recently, car dealers have been telling potential buyers that new emission penalties kicking in from July will raise prices of many bigger and more powerful models.

With all the other demand-churning reasons in place, this fear of having to pay more soon triggered the recent rush for COEs.

Ironically, the rush has driven prices far higher than what the imminent emission penalties would.

This irony is clearly lost on consumers. Or it is clouded by another fear - that the shrinking COE supply will keep pushing prices up.

True dat

Tesla buyer rush in to take advantage of $25k early adopter rebates thinking they can beat the system 

But land up paying 25k more for COE

Facepalm moment 

• Haha! 7

16 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Actually I don’t know one 

Just want to see free show only :XD:

↡ Advertisement