Cat B COE continues upward rise, and supply for upcoming quarter expected to shrink significantly

awhtc

On 11/8/2021 at 10:55 AM, Mahjong74 said:

@Watwheels 

You will be surprise of what people can do when they have too much spare cash laying around

My boss car reaches 10 yrs this year. Thus he purchased a new car 6 months ago. 

For the past 6 months, his new car just park at the car park and the mileage is less than 2000 km!  

And his team, including myself has been working from home since Feb 2020 till now

Not only your boss, in my HDB MSCP I can see quite a few new cars with SNA - SND not OPC. Rarely driven, there when I go to work and still at the same spot when I come back. Their usage is mostly weekends, means at the high COE prices, people are still buying even though their car is more of a want than a need.

• Praise 1

On 11/1/2021 at 7:57 AM, mikk123 said:

please don't go! Singapore needs people. or, please go, one less person compete for COE! 😁

makes no diff

Turbocharged

feel happy and sad at the same time...

happy cos i bought new car earlier this year so not affected by the surging COE expected for the next few years 

sad cos maybe this will be my last car 😂 maybe 10 years later will be too old to drive, or too expensive to drive liao

and i haven't been able to purchase my dream car yet 😂

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Mustank said:

Coe is consumption taxation 

ownself decide one 

Not really true as COE impacts cost of doing business so unless you don’t even buy basic essentials you will feel some of the impact.

• Praise 2

20 minutes ago, Scion said:

feel happy and sad at the same time...

happy cos i bought new car earlier this year so not affected by the surging COE expected for the next few years 

sad cos maybe this will be my last car 😂 maybe 10 years later will be too old to drive, or too expensive to drive liao

and i haven't been able to purchase my dream car yet 😂

Mine will be the last new one in Singapore.

My next new one will be in Malaysia at 1/3 the price 🤗

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

7 hours ago, awhtc said:

Mine will be the last new one in Singapore.

My next new one will be in Malaysia at 1/3 the price 🤗

worth to give up SG citizenship?

4 hours ago, lexiton said:

worth to give up SG citizenship?

I will just semi retire or retire in Johor but keeping my citizenship.

I feel that Singapore is too crowded and expensive. There is not much greenery and space left. It will be worse years later when I reach retirement age.

Lastly, paying $80k+ for a 10 year COE is simply crazy even though I can afford it. I can eat at a restaurant every day for 10 years in Johor with that money. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, awhtc said:

I will just semi retire or retire in Johor but keeping my citizenship.

I feel that Singapore is too crowded and expensive. There is not much greenery and space left. It will be worse years later when I reach retirement age.

Lastly, paying $80k+ for a 10 year COE is simply crazy even though I can afford it. I can eat at a restaurant every day for 10 years in Johor with that money. 

If keeping SG citizenship then you will not be able to drive the Malaysian registered car in Singapore. 

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

very sensible decision. I may go the same route one day I retire. The COE will be more and more expensive for sure as our population grows, and more importantly millionaires. Paying $80k just for a piece of paper is never a good investment. $80k is a fortune in other part of the world where life is not much worse off than SG, maybe even better in terms of cost of living and the environment like mountains and sea. SG is for young people to make big and quick bucks, when you retire, better get out. 

Retirement in neighboring countries is not a bad suggestion but just think Thailand will be better and safer than Malaysia.

• Praise 2

20 hours ago, Vulkan said:

Not only your boss, in my HDB MSCP I can see quite a few new cars with SNA - SND not OPC. Rarely driven, there when I go to work and still at the same spot when I come back. Their usage is mostly weekends, means at the high COE prices, people are still buying even though their car is more of a want than a need.

People still want a car even the car might be hardly drive now, due to mostly WFH. And also due to covid, people tend to stay at home more. No choice but this doesnt mean they dont need a car. Lol.

56 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

If keeping SG citizenship then you will not be able to drive the Malaysian registered car in Singapore

Retirement in neighboring countries is not a bad suggestion but just think Thailand will be better and safer than Malaysia.

can ... get the monthly rental car ... some more every 3 months can change BMW, MERC, AUDI ... now cheap cheap ... lol

zero headache and heck care anyone open door wide wide to bang your door ... [laugh] 

anyhow park also no heart pain for stolen ...

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

People still want a car even the car might be hardly drive now, due to mostly WFH. And also due to covid, people tend to stay at home more. No choice but this doesnt mean they dont need a car. Lol.

Yes sir I understand this, what I'm saying is the cars might be someone's second car. Those that are even thinking of getting a second car are rushing to buy them in midst of raising COE prices, because they are afraid that COE will raise even further instead of not buying that second car. I know of two friends who were thinking of getting a second car for ages, went ahead to book their new cars telling me "you don't buy now next time no chance."

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Vulkan said:

Yes sir I understand this, what I'm saying is the cars might be someone's second car. Those that are even thinking of getting a second car are rushing to buy them in midst of raising COE prices, because they are afraid that COE will raise even further instead of not buying that second car. I know of two friends who were thinking of getting a second car for ages, went ahead to book their new cars telling me "you don't buy now next time no chance."

Quite true also, if those who plan to buy a car, whether change car or buy 2nd car, better to buy now then few months later or next 1-2 years, cause coe should continue to go up. Next coe come down again not so soon.

7 hours ago, mikk123 said:

I suki Japan.😁

What is the criteria to stay in japan if not rich? 

7 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

If keeping SG citizenship then you will not be able to drive the Malaysian registered car in Singapore. 

Thailand also what is the requirement to migrate there?

12 minutes ago, james1055 said:

What is the criteria to stay in japan if not rich? 

Thailand also what is the requirement to migrate there?

https://www.thailandelite-direct.com/en/thailandeliteresidenceprogram?page=ppc_THE_gsn_gen_residencevisa&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIle3YzLqN9AIVK5NmAh17GgciEAAYASAAEgIIbfD_BwE

If not can also apply retirement visa which last for 1 year.

https://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-/-consular/types-of-visa/non-immigrant-visa-o-a-long-stay

3 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

Thanks but that is only stay less than a year and have to come back again. What I mean is permanently there either Thailand or Japan.

2 hours ago, james1055 said:

Thanks but that is only stay less than a year and have to come back again. What I mean is permanently there either Thailand or Japan.

Just come back then go again. If not just go for the elite route and that will give you 20 years.

10 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

Just come back then go again. If not just go for the elite route and that will give you 20 years.

Program fee U$19K to U$68K, one year about $4.5k sgd to be in that program? That is about the anual depre of a COE already😃😃

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1