Cat B COE continues upward rise, and supply for upcoming quarter expected to shrink significantly

awhtc

Neutral Newbie

When I bought my 2.0L car, the dealer got me an open cat coe. now that open cat coe price hit 86K, is it possible for me to sell my coe and buy a Cat B for my car at a lower price?

↡ Advertisement

44 minutes ago, gabzilla said:

When I bought my 2.0L car, the dealer got me an open cat coe. now that open cat coe price hit 86K, is it possible for me to sell my coe and buy a Cat B for my car at a lower price?

Coe stays with the car. Don't quite understand you when you say "sell your coe and buy a Cat B for your car"..

In any case, sell high, buy high. Just enjoy the low COE you got there..

1 hour ago, Soundphile said:

Coe stays with the car. Don't quite understand you when you say "sell your coe and buy a Cat B for your car"..

In any case, sell high, buy high. Just enjoy the low COE you got there..

Although the car register with open CAT, once deregistered or scraped the car it prevails as CAT B. There is no advantage.

Check LTA coe policy on Open CAT

• Praise 3

23 hours ago, gabzilla said:

buy low sell low

u see those $1 coe car wanna sell or tough

enjoy the low coe n drive till scrap

of cos sell to direct buyer is another option

dealer cfm low ball u one no point

harrier good car to drive n easy maintain~~~~~~~~~~~~~

23 hours ago, gabzilla said:

Bought Harrier, 30+K COE open cat

the thing is your COE is too low.

yes u can sell higher a bit, but not to the extend of around 70-80k of current COE level.

no one will be stupid enough to pay for such value when there is no paper value in it. anytime coe drop back , they gg 

• Praise 1

On 12/7/2021 at 12:34 PM, gabzilla said:

😅, you're thinking of profiting by buying and selling COE? Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Vulkan said:

😅, you're thinking of profiting by buying and selling COE? Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

That guy is just confused... not good in maths or logic

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

That guy is just confused... not good in maths or logic

I thot use car dealers are buying open cat to speculate by buying n selling?

Supercharged
21 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

I thot use car dealers are buying open cat to speculate by buying n selling?

read https://onemotoring.lta.gov.sg/content/onemotoring/home/buying/upfront-vehicle-costs/certificate-of-entitlement--coe-.html#_Bidding_results

"The TCOE is valid for ... 3 months for Categories C and E.

You can transfer TCOEs for Categories C and E once, if you bid for them as an individual."

• Praise 3

On 11/16/2021 at 7:19 PM, Jamesc said:

Oh no!

People that sell me want high high price.

People that buy from me want low low prices.

I am squeezed in the middle.

So hard to makes end meet.

:D 

You should be able to sell higher especially the newer used cars

brand new conti cars already hitting the roof, so used conti should be selling like hot cakes

should be good time for you

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 12/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, Eyke said:

read https://onemotoring.lta.gov.sg/content/onemotoring/home/buying/upfront-vehicle-costs/certificate-of-entitlement--coe-.html#_Bidding_results

"The TCOE is valid for ... 3 months for Categories C and E.

You can transfer TCOEs for Categories C and E once, if you bid for them as an individual."

i know certain ADs used staff IDs to buy COE and then transfer to prospective new car owners later on [lipsrsealed]

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Jumpmanz said:

i know certain ADs used staff IDs to buy COE and then transfer to prospective new car owners later on [lipsrsealed]

Yes, it's no secret.

On 12/12/2021 at 3:20 PM, Jumpmanz said:

What are the authorities doing about this?  Do they know?  Blatant acts like these that are meant to go around the true essence of the regulation need to be checked

Edited by Throttle2

42 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

What are the authorities doing about this?  Do they know?  Blatant acts like these that are meant to go around the true essence of the regulation need to be checked

COEs are not transferable within the first three months, and from the forth to sixth month, a levy will be imposed on any transfer.  Also, a new car transferred will have much lower price as compared to a new one, due to the number of ownership. And six months after a new car is registered, the COE price may be lower than the COE price when newly bought, hence become unprofitable.  These are rules that deter profiteering, if it isn't effective, the COE price would have continuously risen without fluctuation due to profiteering.

And in a free market,  one is allowed to sell his Rolex for a higher price if the value has risen, nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Ingenius
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4