Cat B COE continues upward rise, and supply for upcoming quarter expected to shrink significantly

awhtc

6 hours ago, zipping said:

Got la.....iirc 华仔港式烧腊 still hav $2 chicken rice.....

I will take my MIL there and give her a treat.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

15 hours ago, Mann123 said:

100K COE game on >>

The COE supply for Cat A cars (up to 1,600cc and 130bhp) will average 1,063, a sizable 33.8% drop down from the current average of 1,605.

Meanwhile, the COE supply for Cat B (above 1,600cc or 130bhp) will average 1,173, down from the current average of 1,541.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=25752

COE prices are really going to shoot through the roof.

I will renew my car's COE one last time in 2029 but I will have to start saving now.  Thereafter, I will retire in Johor where I would rather pay for a real car than a piece of 10-year COE paper here.

The government is also planning to raise more taxes very soon.  I think GST will continue to increase by 2-3% every 10 years.

Raising tax revenue the 'sustainable and responsible' way to fund Singapore's expenditures: Lawrence Wong

Wong noted that the GST or value added tax (VAT) is now central to tax systems around the world, many of which have much higher rates than Singapore.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/raising-tax-revenue-the-sustainable-and-responsible-way-to-fund-singapores

• Praise 1

COE supply shrinks further in Nov-Jan quota; zero-growth policy to stay

“With absolute numbers down by so much, premiums will be under a lot of pressure to move higher,” Mr Lim said, “unless demand declines consistently from now on by a third or more.”

Inchcape Greater China and Singapore chief executive Jasmmine Wong said higher premiums are a given. “I predict COE to go to $90,000,” she added.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/coe-supply-shrinks-further-in-nov-jan-quota-zero-growth-policy-to-stay

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 2

44 minutes ago, awhtc said:

COE prices are really going to shoot through the roof.

I will renew my car's COE one last time in 2029 but I will have to start saving now.  Thereafter, I will retire in Johor where I would rather pay for a real car than a piece of 10-year COE paper here.

The government is also planning to raise more taxes very soon.  I think GST will continue to increase by 2-3% every 10 years.

Raising tax revenue the 'sustainable and responsible' way to fund Singapore's expenditures: Lawrence Wong

Wong noted that the GST or value added tax (VAT) is now central to tax systems around the world, many of which have much higher rates than Singapore.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/raising-tax-revenue-the-sustainable-and-responsible-way-to-fund-singapores

Why need buy new car in Johore? Just drive your expired car over can Liao :XD:

• Haha! 3

59 minutes ago, awhtc said:

COE supply shrinks further in Nov-Jan quota; zero-growth policy to stay

“With absolute numbers down by so much, premiums will be under a lot of pressure to move higher,” Mr Lim said, “unless demand declines consistently from now on by a third or more.”

Inchcape Greater China and Singapore chief executive Jasmmine Wong said higher premiums are a given. “I predict COE to go to $90,000,” she added.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/coe-supply-shrinks-further-in-nov-jan-quota-zero-growth-policy-to-stay

Jasmmine Wong did predict previously that COE will hit $70k, so she might be right again

• Praise 1

34 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Jasmmine Wong did predict previously that COE will hit $70k, so she might be right again

There will be a time when new COE supply goes up... but will not be soon.

Gotta just wait it out lor

1 minute ago, t0y0ta said:

There will be a time when new COE supply goes up... but will not be soon.

Gotta just wait it out lor

Yes need to time the purchase to catch the low points of the cycle

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mustank said:

Why need buy new car in Johore? Just drive your expired car over can Liao :XD:

Good idea.  I just declare it as lost to car theft in Malaysia and swap to a fake Malaysia car plate 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Yes need to time the purchase to catch the low points of the cycle

The new low points could be the current high points using inflation and higher demand in future as a guide.

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, awhtc said:

The new low points could be the current high points using inflation and higher demand in future as a guide.

Sure we need factor in these as well and not to forgot government policy changes

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, D3badge said:

Depend what do you live in, landed condo or HDB. You stay HDB or condo guest come you say come come let me bring you to my estate carpark for a tour? If I am you guest I will mumble 白吃!! 哈哈哈哈😂

Nope, but everytime sure got people (those that buy new cars) during conversations suddenly chup in asking about what cars everyone driving, and started to intro how they managed to get a new car, with xxxxx features, at xxxxxx prices and how their purchase is so good and value for $$$$. They definitely want to find a chance to show off. I normally looked at these people pitifully.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Lotr said:

So here comes $90k plus coe again?

• Praise 1

@13177 

Shouldn't be any big surprise given the effects of reducing COEs, economy opening up, increased population/demand, rising wages and inflation compared to 10 years ago.  Unless the government does something to dampen demand.

• Praise 3