Cat B COE continues upward rise, and supply for upcoming quarter expected to shrink significantly

awhtc

Supercharged
1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

In theory you are correct. You must be educated in Ox/Cam farm with top honor in Economics. 

In reality, you are out of touch. just like..........😁 you know what I mean..

Not out of touch... just realistic and cynical.

I also welcome a $1 COE, but am I betting on it? Nah

Cars in SG is for those with a lot of disposable income. Not in that cat? Got to settle for the many alternatives. G is not losing sleep over you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Dilemma..car is 6 years old this month...should i wait till GE 2025 when usually prices will soften? 😆

At most it would soften till about 50k if 2015 data is still applicable then.

That COE level won't see me flocking to vote the incumbent.

Btw, not sure if y'all saw what happened in parliament yesterday about WP MP Faisal Manap raising high motorcycle prices due to COE. 

He raised that a balloting system could be in place for 2B bikes and a segregation of category of COE like cars.

While the 2B suggestion is half baked, who else other than WP would raise such concerns in parliament?

My MP? Wait long long. Only see him around my estate once every 5 years.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
28 minutes ago, Brass said:

Btw, not sure if y'all saw what happened in parliament yesterday about WP MP Faisal Manap raising high motorcycle prices due to COE. 

He raised that a balloting system could be in place for 2B bikes and a segregation of category of COE like cars.

While the 2B suggestion is half baked, who else other than WP would raise such concerns in parliament?

Many of the riders who use motorbike for work (aka Grabfood) are from his community so reasonable for him to raise that concern.

Again, it is unlikely because it would be questioned by the other 90% population why need to specially segregate and give free COE for this cat.

It is also hard to differentiate who is buying it for work and who is buying to have a great time zooming around with GF behind.

If left to market to decide.... the higher motorbike costs will just drift down to the consumers of delivery, as fees need to be high enough to justify the outlay on motorbike.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, mikk123 said:

will be up by a lot.... all panic upon reading the article. Minimum 5k increase for Cat A and 6k for Cat B.... All Huat lah.... More subsidy coming your way! 

Wont be so much, i estimate about $2k for Cat A to hit $50k and about 4k for Cat B to hit $72k

1 hour ago, Brass said:

All his suggestions got rejected by Baey !! $9k COE is good for govt coffers !!

4 hours ago, james1055 said:

Today COE will go up?

Not  about will or will not,  it is about how much 😅😅

My guess is Cat A will break $50k, Cat B will break $70k.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2