awhtc

Cat B COE continues upward rise, and supply for upcoming quarter expected to shrink significantly

Supersonic (edited)
56 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

If keeping SG citizenship then you will not be able to drive the Malaysian registered car in Singapore

Retirement in neighboring countries is not a bad suggestion but just think Thailand will be better and safer than Malaysia.

can ... get the monthly rental car ... some more every 3 months can change BMW, MERC, AUDI ... now cheap cheap ... lol

zero headache and heck care anyone open door wide wide to bang your door ... [laugh] 

anyhow park also no heart pain for stolen ...

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

People still want a car even the car might be hardly drive now, due to mostly WFH. And also due to covid, people tend to stay at home more. No choice but this doesnt mean they dont need a car. Lol.

Yes sir I understand this, what I'm saying is the cars might be someone's second car. Those that are even thinking of getting a second car are rushing to buy them in midst of raising COE prices, because they are afraid that COE will raise even further instead of not buying that second car. I know of two friends who were thinking of getting a second car for ages, went ahead to book their new cars telling me "you don't buy now next time no chance."

• Praise 1

Supersonic
33 minutes ago, Vulkan said:

Yes sir I understand this, what I'm saying is the cars might be someone's second car. Those that are even thinking of getting a second car are rushing to buy them in midst of raising COE prices, because they are afraid that COE will raise even further instead of not buying that second car. I know of two friends who were thinking of getting a second car for ages, went ahead to book their new cars telling me "you don't buy now next time no chance."

Quite true also, if those who plan to buy a car, whether change car or buy 2nd car, better to buy now then few months later or next 1-2 years, cause coe should continue to go up. Next coe come down again not so soon.

7 hours ago, mikk123 said:

I suki Japan.😁

What is the criteria to stay in japan if not rich? 

7 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

If keeping SG citizenship then you will not be able to drive the Malaysian registered car in Singapore. 

Retirement in neighboring countries is not a bad suggestion but just think Thailand will be better and safer than Malaysia.

Thailand also what is the requirement to migrate there?

12 minutes ago, james1055 said:

https://www.thailandelite-direct.com/en/thailandeliteresidenceprogram?page=ppc_THE_gsn_gen_residencevisa&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIle3YzLqN9AIVK5NmAh17GgciEAAYASAAEgIIbfD_BwE

If not can also apply retirement visa which last for 1 year.

https://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-/-consular/types-of-visa/non-immigrant-visa-o-a-long-stay

3 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

Thanks but that is only stay less than a year and have to come back again. What I mean is permanently there either Thailand or Japan.

2 hours ago, james1055 said:

Thanks but that is only stay less than a year and have to come back again. What I mean is permanently there either Thailand or Japan.

Just come back then go again. If not just go for the elite route and that will give you 20 years.

15 hours ago, james1055 said:

Japan not that expensive if you look into the details. They ' are lost for 30 years' 

• Shocked 1

Twincharged (edited)
10 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

Just come back then go again. If not just go for the elite route and that will give you 20 years.

Program fee U$19K to U$68K, one year about $4.5k sgd to be in that program? That is about the anual depre of a COE already😃😃

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

4th Gear (edited)
On 11/10/2021 at 5:16 PM, Calvin8808 said:

On 11/10/2021 at 8:21 PM, james1055 said:

On 11/11/2021 at 8:52 AM, Ct3833 said:

Program fee U$19K to U$68K, one year about $4.5k sgd to be in that program? That is about the anual depre of a COE already😃😃

Can't have the best of everything. I know we Singaporeans want "cheap, want green and want big breasts". 

If have money and willing to pay then go for the 20 years one. Don't forget you not just there to save on cars. You save on housing too. Daily cost of living and a escape route from the daily stressful life in Singapore.

If no money or have money but not willing to pay just take the 1 year one. And come back to see your family once a year during festival not very difficult.

Edited by Calvin8808
  • Praise 5

43 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Can't have the best of everything. I know we Singaporeans want "cheap, want green and want big breasts". 

If have money and willing to pay then go for the 20 years one. Don't forget you not just there to save on cars. You save on housing too. Daily cost of living and a escape route from the daily stressful life in Singapore.

If no money or have money but not willing to pay just take the 1 year one. And come back to see your family once a year during festival not very difficult.

actually thailand is cheap but you do not have to get a long term visa because it is (other than present covid restrictions) relatively easy and cheap to go up and down every few months.

save the money and use it to buy a car there - though imported/conti brands have a high premium .. best of course is MIT B&B - cheap and good! 

getting a long term visa there does not grant any more rights unless you want to work there - which is not as easy unless you know the thai language well.

you can but/rent a house or condo, some people like to live in the city like bangkok, some people like it further out like chonburi or hua hin area .. 

• Praise 6

Turbocharged (edited)
59 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

It’s actually “Cheap, Fresh and big boobs” 😂

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 5

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

It’s actually “Cheap, Fresh and big boobs” 😂

It's direct translation, so I'm wrong actually.

It should be Want Cheap Want Green and Want Big Milk

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Calvin8808 said:

It's direct translation, so I'm wrong actually.

It should be Want Cheap Want Green and Want Big Milk

It’s actually in teochew. “Chnee” in Hokkien is green but in teochew is fresh. Green in teochew is sounds like “chnair”

• Praise 5

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Mooose said:

actually thailand is cheap but you do not have to get a long term visa because it is (other than present covid restrictions) relatively easy and cheap to go up and down every few months.

save the money and use it to buy a car there - though imported/conti brands have a high premium .. best of course is MIT B&B - cheap and good! 

getting a long term visa there does not grant any more rights unless you want to work there - which is not as easy unless you know the thai language well.

you can but/rent a house or condo, some people like to live in the city like bangkok, some people like it further out like chonburi or hua hin area .. 

Living in Thailand must buy a pickup. It is better than most SUV.

Bypass EGR, the truck can fly already.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

1st Gear (edited)
5 hours ago, Mooose said:

I don't think it is possible to buy a car there as a foreigner

Edited by lexiton

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Living in Thailand must buy a pickup. It is better than most SUV.

Bypass EGR, the truck can fly already.

And pull a jet ski behind!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Next COE Bidding is 17 or 24 of Nov.?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1